[Tobias Brox]
> [Getting help from the community is] possible with FOSS, but impossible with
> closed source.

[jim]
> I'd have to disagree. Where, with FOSS, it's your choice to give, with
> closed source it's mostly required that you give to get anything done.

With FOSS, in theory anyone with programming skills can fix the
problem - with proprietary software only the vendor is able. The
vendor may or may not care. Your only argument is that the vendor of
a commercial company is more likely to care than the developer of an
open source package - I don't even think that's true.

--
Tobias Brox, 6942'N, 1857'E