[News] [Rival] Dim Take on Microsoft's Prospects - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Dim Take on Microsoft's Prospects

    Van Knapp's Take On Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft is not known for its innovation or quality, it's known for its
    | business acumen at boxing users into having only one choice: Microsoft.
    |
    | When that list expands to include others, Microsoft loses its edge. The
    | perception that the list of alternatives to Microsoft is growing in all
    | categories and that Microsoft's edge is dulling may be the dim future that
    | has investors hesitating to pay much for the company's business results.
    `----

    http://www.istockanalyst.com/article...s-Take-On.html

    Recent:

    Europe's not finished with Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft's troubles in Europe are far from over, as Neelie Kroes, The EU
    | competition commissioner, has warned. We review the past and future options
    | for Microsoft and the European Commission. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | During the US anti-trust trials, Steven McGeady, a vice president of Intel,
    | testified against Microsoft, Intel's most important trading partner,
    | asserting that Microsoft intended to "embrace, extend and extinguish"
    | competition by substituting open standards with proprietary protocols, and
    | claimed that Intel had been warned to cease development of its Native Signal
    | Processing audio and video technology, which promised to vastly improve user
    | experience of the desktop - or else Microsoft would bypass Intel and develop
    | Windows exclusively for AMD and National Semiconductor chips. "It was clear
    | to us that if this chip did not run Windows it would be useless in the
    | marketplace," McGeady testified. "The threat was both credible and
    | terrifying." * * * * *
    `----

    http://www.itpro.co.uk/features/1917...microsoft.html

    EU: Europarlement testing Ubuntu, OpenOffice and Firefox

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The European Parliament's IT department is testing the use of GNU/Linux
    | distribution Ubuntu, OpenOffice, Firefox and other Open Source applications,
    | the British MEP James Nicholson explained last week in a letter to Italian
    | MEP Marco Cappato.
    `----

    http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7565

    Is Microsoft Now Banned from EU Contracts?

    http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolb...=697&blogid=14

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Dim Take on Microsoft's Prospects

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Van Knapp's Take On Microsoft

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks