HowToMoodle: OSS Learning Platform Goes Pro

,----[ Quote ]
| Moodle is used for online learning on some 40,000 Web sites, but UK training
| managers have been slow to react. "They are used to proprietary software, but
| this is very often costly to adopt, with heavy license fees that can be
| expensive if large numbers of people are involved.
| [...]
| "Moodle has been like a lot of open source software, where development has
| been left to individual innovation and training.
| "We decided to introduce an element of professionalism into the business."
| "We are now training and supporting organizations all over the UK as the
| recognized center of Moodle support," Lawrence added.

Another good candidate for educational system is KnowledgeTree:

Document Management on the Go – Sync Mobiles with Company Documents for
Real-Time Updates via Open Source Push Messaging

,----[ Quote ]
| The web-based and AJAX-enabled application is built on the popular open
| source LAMP (Apache/MySQL/PHP) stack and a community edition is released
| under the GPLv3.

Moodle - the open source software that's getting serious

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the biggest outbreaks of open source software has been in the learning
| business and a clear leader is emerging - software called Moodle, now used
| for on-line learning on 40,000 web sites. *

Taking the Open Road: University Libraries Explore Options

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source learning management system Moodle alone is now used in 56
| percent of universities since its introduction three years ago, and
| the Open University has moved over to it wholesale. Supporters say
| open source LMS tend to be more modular and make it much easier for
| libraries to contribute content than is the case with
| commercial solutions.

Kineo predicts growth in open source e-learning and provides free insights

,----[ Quote ]
| "In the LMS space, we have been hugely impressed with Moodle's offering.
| We embrace the open source spirit in which Moodle has been, and continues
| to be developed. We have provided customised Moodle installations for
| several of our clients, giving it a look and feel bespoke to their
| organisations. We would urge anyone considering a commercial LMS to
| give an open source option such as Moodle serious consideration first."

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)