[News] Windows Games Run on GNU/Linux, Another Games-packed Linux CD Released - Linux

  1. [News] Windows Games Run on GNU/Linux, Another Games-packed Linux CD Released

    10 Best Windows Games That Can Be Played on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A program called Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) allows Unix-like computer
    | operating systems on the x86 architecture to execute programs written for
    | Microsoft Windows. Wine also provides a software library known as Winelib
    | which developers can compile Windows applications alongside to help port them
    | to Unix-like systems.
    |
    | I have picked 10 of the most popular Windows-only games that are now playable
    | in Linux for the hardcore gamers and for those who have just migrated to
    | Linux and are missing these exciting games...
    `----

    http://www.junauza.com/2008/06/10-be...at-can-be.html

    linuX-gamers.net live 0.9.3 released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Recently our chief developers released an new version of linuX-gamers.net
    | live-DVD.
    | This version was used on the Linuxtag in Berlin.
    `----

    http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...p?storyid=2447

    Related:

    Top 21 Linux Games Of 2007

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Below are addictive 3d games for linux users to fill their time with. These
    | games are really good and some have won awards or have been featured on
    | magazines. Most of it is cross platform and free. You don?t have to
    | use ?Wine? to be able to play as they come with Linux installers. *
    `----

    http://linuxgames07.blogspot.com/200...s-of-2007.html

    Ubuntu Linux Games - Top Picks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If you?ve switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
    | may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
    | they?ve been favorites of mine for some time now. *
    `----

    http://thepemberton.com/posts/archives/6

    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch on Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Wine has lately improved by amazing leaps, even DirectX support is nowadays
    | pretty good, and performance with HL2DM is pretty amazing compared to a few
    | months back. And now I have HL2DM running on resolution 1440×900 and medium
    | details smoothl *
    `----

    http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/08/11...atch-on-linux/

    Counter-Strike on Linux

    http://linux.about.com/b/a/257623.htm

  2. Re: [News] Windows Games Run on GNU/Linux, Another Games-packed Linux CD Released

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:24:55 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > 10 Best Windows Games That Can Be Played on Linux

    Call Of Duty...latest version?
    Halo?
    Grand Theft Auto...latest version?

    No?

    Sorry, you lose......

    http://www.callofduty.com/

    http://www.halo3.com/

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(game)

    Sorry Linux, but Tetris is kind of lame....................

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Windows Games Run on GNU/Linux, Another Games-packed Linux CD Released

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > 10 Best Windows

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks