[News] [SOT] Verizon Cuts Off USENET Arm Because of Bad Fingernail - Linux

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] Verizon Cuts Off USENET Arm Because of Bad Fingernail

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:01:10 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Verizon offers details of Usenet deletion: alt.* groups, others gone

    > Terrorism! Communism! Child porn! As usual, perfect excuses for all sorts of
    > things. Sure, without some USENET newsgroup people won't be able to exchange
    > files anymore. No, really!

    So you are in favor of child porn, Roy Schestowitz?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] Verizon Cuts Off USENET Arm Because of Bad Fingernail

    > Verizon offers details of Usenet deletion: alt.* groups, others gone
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| What this means in practice is that, thanks to the New York state attorney
    >| general, Verizon customers will lose out on innocent discussions. Verizon is
    >| retaining only eight newsgroup hierarchies, even though over 1,000
    >| hierarchies exist.
    > `----
    >
    > http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20
    >
    > Terrorism! Communism! Child porn! As usual, perfect excuses for all sorts of
    > things. Sure, without some USENET newsgroup people won't be able to exchange
    > files anymore. No, really!

    Darknets, I tell ya. Darknets or ham radio!

    --
    As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower
    others.

+ Reply to Thread