[News] [Rival] Google and Yahoo Agree on Deal (Buh-bye Mafia-Soft) - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Google and Yahoo Agree on Deal (Buh-bye Mafia-Soft)

    Google, Yahoo strike ad deal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Just hours after saying it ended talks with Microsoft, Yahoo announced that
    | it will start running advertising from Google alongside Yahoo search results.
    |
    | Yahoo expects the deal, which has a 10-year term, to generate US$250 million
    | to US$450 million in operating cash flow during the first 12 months.
    `----

    Microsoft will not start shouting "monopoly" like the IPocrite it is.

    Related:

    A Patent Lie

    ,----[ Quote ]
    `----

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/09/opinion/09lee.html

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | ...Thanks to Mr. Gates, we now know that an open Internet with protocols
    | anyone can implement is communism...
    | *
    | ...Mr. Gates' secret is out now--he too was a "communist;" he, too,
    | recognized that software patents were harmful-until Microsoft
    | became one of these giants...
    `----

    http://news.com.com/Bill+Gates+and+o...j=news.1071.20

    News Analysis: Microsoft General Counsel on DoubleClick and Antitrust

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This raises a very important question - why didn't Microsoft match Google's
    | $3.1 billion offer. Smith would not comment on this, but I can report from
    | very good sources that in fact the company did offer to match it, and was
    | willing to pay even more to insure that Google did not corner the online ad
    | market. But for whatever reasons, the private equity firm that owned the
    | majority of DoubleClick's shares decided to go with Google.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | I asked Smith about the irony of Microsoft asking the government to
    | support it on antitrust. His response was interesting.
    `----

    http://battellemedia.com/archives/003561.php

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Google and Yahoo Agree on Deal (Buh-bye Mafia-Soft)

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Google, Yahoo strike ad deal
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Just hours after saying it ended talks with Microsoft, Yahoo announced
    > that
    > | it will start running advertising from Google alongside Yahoo search
    > results.
    > |
    > | Yahoo expects the deal, which has a 10-year term, to generate US$250
    > million
    > | to US$450 million in operating cash flow during the first 12 months.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.p...687326&rid=-50
    >
    > Microsoft

    been created.