Re: [Rival] Expert: Xbox 360 Disaster is Microsoft's Fault - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [Rival] Expert: Xbox 360 Disaster is Microsoft's Fault - Linux ; cc wrote: > > I think that you take a slightly different approach from most gamers. Not really. I just like to own all of the consoles by the end of the cycle. > For one, it sounds like you're ...

  1. Re: [Rival] Expert: Xbox 360 Disaster is Microsoft's Fault

    cc wrote:

    > I think that you take a slightly different approach from most gamers.

    Not really. I just like to own all of the consoles by the end of the cycle.

    > For one, it sounds like you're going to (assuming MS fixes some
    > problems), own one of each console anyway.

    I always jump onto the nintendo bandwagon early for the legend of zelda
    alone. I wanted one of the other consoles for last christmas and
    *almost* bought an xbox 360 but shied away at the last minute due to the
    failure rates. I bought a ps3 as soon as it became apparent that blu ray
    was going to "win" as it can double up as a player in my living room.
    And now I might get an xbox 360 when they fix the rrod to complete the
    collection.

    > And two, you purchased a
    > console based on the hardware, rather than what games it will run.

    Definitely not! See above re nintendo.

    > I know the failure rate is high for XBox360, and I'm not trying to
    > excuse that. It's just that most gamers are willing to accept that
    > risk if it plays the games they want.

    Most xbox 360 owenrs consider themselves "hardcore" gamers and are
    willing to take the risk. I'd rather get value and convenience for my
    300 notes so I'll hang on until the fix comes along in a few months.

    > The
    > failure rate *is* a problem, but it's not going to cause the downfall
    > of Microsoft, or even cause a drastic drop off in XBox360 sales.

    Probably not, but M$ *still* isn't making a profit on its xbox division
    over the whole of the console lifecycle, and now they're starting to
    shut down sections of xbox live that aren't performing so do you really
    think there'll be an xbox 720? Or another two generations?

    Before this generation I had the xbox 360 as my dark horse to win it.
    Like a lot of other people I never imagined the wii would kick the ****
    outta the other two at all. If nintnedo can somehow keep this momentum
    going into the next generation then it could be bad news for sony and M$.

    And for the record, as I have stated before in the videogame groups, I'd
    never like to see an outright winner of the console wars cos the only
    loser will be the consumer who has to pay more and more for games.
    Competition is good.

  2. Re: Expert: Xbox 360 Disaster is Microsoft's Fault

    On Jun 13, 10:42*am, "Phil Da Lick!"
    wrote:
    > cc wrote:
    >
    > > I think that you take a slightly different approach from most gamers.

    > Not really. I just like to own all of the consoles by the end of the cycle..
    >
    > > For one, it sounds like you're going to (assuming MS fixes some
    > > problems), own one of each console anyway.

    > I always jump onto the nintendo bandwagon early for the legend of zelda
    > alone. I wanted one of the other consoles for last christmas and
    > *almost* bought an xbox 360 but shied away at the last minute due to the
    > failure rates. I bought a ps3 as soon as it became apparent that blu ray
    > was going to "win" as it can double up as a player in my living room.
    > And now I might get an xbox 360 when they fix the rrod to complete the
    > collection.
    >
    > > And two, you purchased a
    > > console based on the hardware, rather than what games it will run.

    > Definitely not! See above re nintendo.
    >
    > *> I know the failure rate is high for XBox360, and I'm not trying to
    >
    > > excuse that. It's just that most gamers are willing to accept that
    > > risk if it plays the games they want.

    > Most xbox 360 owenrs consider themselves "hardcore" gamers and are
    > willing to take the risk. I'd rather get value and convenience for my
    > 300 notes so I'll hang on until the fix comes along in a few months.
    >
    > *> The
    >
    > > failure rate *is* a problem, but it's not going to cause the downfall
    > > of Microsoft, or even cause a drastic drop off in XBox360 sales.

    > Probably not, but M$ *still* isn't making a profit on its xbox division
    > oI thiver the whole of the console lifecycle, and now they're starting to
    > shut down sections of xbox live that aren't performing so do you really
    > think there'll be an xbox 720? Or another two generations?
    >
    > Before this generation I had the xbox 360 as my dark horse to win it.
    > Like a lot of other people I never imagined the wii would kick the ****
    > outta the other two at all. If nintnedo can somehow keep this momentum
    > going into the next generation then it could be bad news for sony and M$.
    >
    > And for the record, as I have stated before in the videogame groups, I'd
    > never like to see an outright winner of the console wars cos the only
    > loser will be the consumer who has to pay more and more for games.
    > Competition is good.

    Who would have suspected that the wii would kick so much ass? It's
    obviously the future of video games, in some shape or form. I think
    eventually the PS3 and/or the Xbox360 will overwhelm the wii, just
    because of the games available for both, but the wii set the bar very
    high for the next generation. It's an exciting time if you're involved
    with the gaming industry. Nothing to do with Linux of course, but
    since we're on the subject...

+ Reply to Thread