[News] All of Dell's New UMPCs Come with GNU/Linux Option - Linux

  1. [News] All of Dell's New UMPCs Come with GNU/Linux Option

    More details surface regarding Dell's UMPC

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    `----

    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/28904

    Linux. All 5 of them.

    Where is Vista? Where is Vista!! There were acrobats dancing on walls a year
    and a half ago to celebrare Vista, which Ballmer still calls "work in
    progress" while talking about 7avpourwar (Windows ME3).

    Recent:

    Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As PC users clamor for Microsoft to continue to support Windows XP, company
    | CEO Steve Ballmer called the Vista OS "a work in progress" at an annual
    | Seattle event on Thursday. *
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._progress.html

    Related:

    Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | We asked a simple question: what Microsoft product could have used a little
    | more polish before release? The answer astounded us. We would just like to
    | thank Bill Gates for his honesty and his openness. *
    `----

    http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-...-windows-sucks

  2. Re: [News] All of Dell's New UMPCs Come with GNU/Linux Option

    Roy Schestowitz writes:

    > More details surface regarding Dell's UMPC
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    > `----
    >
    > http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/28904
    >
    > Linux. All 5 of them.
    >
    > Where is Vista? Where is Vista!! There were acrobats dancing on walls a year
    > and a half ago to celebrare Vista, which Ballmer still calls "work in
    > progress" while talking about 7avpourwar (Windows ME3).
    >

    > Recent:
    >
    > Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    And you poasted on the same day the following news about a Linux update:

    ,----
    | ,----[ Quote ]
    | | I'd like to say that the diffs are shrinking and things are calming down,
    | | but I'd be lying. Another week, another -rc, and I another 350 commits.
    | | Yes, the diff is smaller than the one from rc4 to rc5 (despite having more
    | | commits), so we're on the right trajectory, but I was hoping for less
    | | churn at this stage.
    | |
    | | As usual, most of the changes are to drivers (with arch updates a strong
    | | second). The DVB updates are the biggest chunk of that, but on the whole
    | | it's quite spread out. As mentioned, the diffs are smaller and there are
    | | more commits, and yes, most of the commits are really rather small and
    | | trivial fixes.
    | `----
    |
    | http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/12/435
    `----

    Can you spell "hypocrite" ????????????????????????????????

  3. Re: [News] All of Dell's New UMPCs Come with GNU/Linux Option

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > More details surface regarding Dell's UMPC
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | runs either Linux/Windows XP
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    > |
    > | [...]
    > |
    > | and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    > `----
    >
    > http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/28904
    >
    > Linux. All 5 of them.
    >
    > Where is Vista?

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  4. Re: [News] All of Dell's New UMPCs Come with GNU/Linux Option

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:22:28 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz writes:
    >
    >> More details surface regarding Dell's UMPC
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| runs either Linux/Windows XP
    >>|
    >>| [...]
    >>|
    >>| runs either Linux/Windows XP
    >>|
    >>| [...]
    >>|
    >>| runs either Linux/Windows XP
    >>|
    >>| [...]
    >>|
    >>| and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    >>|
    >>| [...]
    >>|
    >>| and runs either Linux/Windows XP.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/hughes/28904
    >>
    >> Linux. All 5 of them.
    >>
    >> Where is Vista? Where is Vista!! There were acrobats dancing on walls a year
    >> and a half ago to celebrare Vista, which Ballmer still calls "work in
    >> progress" while talking about 7avpourwar (Windows ME3).
    >>

    >> Recent:
    >>
    >> Ballmer: Vista Is 'a Work in Progress'

    > And you poasted on the same day the following news about a Linux update:
    >
    > ,----
    >| ,----[ Quote ]
    >|| I'd like to say that the diffs are shrinking and things are calming down,
    >|| but I'd be lying. Another week, another -rc, and I another 350 commits.
    >|| Yes, the diff is smaller than the one from rc4 to rc5 (despite having more
    >|| commits), so we're on the right trajectory, but I was hoping for less
    >|| churn at this stage.
    >|| As usual, most of the changes are to drivers (with arch updates a strong
    >|| second). The DVB updates are the biggest chunk of that, but on the whole
    >|| it's quite spread out. As mentioned, the diffs are smaller and there are
    >|| more commits, and yes, most of the commits are really rather small and
    >|| trivial fixes.
    >| `----
    >|
    >| http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/6/12/435
    > `----
    >
    > Can you spell "hypocrite" ????????????????????????????????

    Schestowitz has progressed well beyond the hypocrite stage.
    He is now a bald faced liar.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: