Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal - Linux

This is a discussion on Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal - Linux ; On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:03:32 +0200, Hadron wrote: > Linonut writes: > >> * Miles Bader peremptorily fired off this memo: >> >>> Linonut writes: >>>> As far as I can tell, rjack is simply a troll. >>> >>> ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 28 of 28

  1. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:03:32 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * Miles Bader peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Yup. He's the dim one too.
    >>>
    >>> -Miles

    >> Does that mean Terekhov is the smart one?

    > Well, handing you your arse on a plate time and time again doesn't
    > actually qualify him as smart since it's so easy to do. However I
    > suspect he is a lot smarter than most in COLA and provides links to his
    > information as opposed to you, who just lies and fabricates stuff to big
    > yourself up and to get another doggy choc from your master Roy.
    >
    > Heel Liarnut! Heel!

    Mr Terekhov blasts the COLA Linux loons out of the water just about every
    time he posts.
    These idiots can't deal with facts and that is what makes them hate him so
    much.

    Unlike Schestowitz (Spamowitz) who posts crap based upon Linux blogs, his
    own website, PJ says, and the all famous "a reliable source told me"
    Terekhov backs his posts up with factual links.

    Linux advocates hate facts because when he facts are put on the table,
    Linux as a desktop system is in serious trouble.
    Virtually nobody is using it and that's sorry considering it's free and
    Windows/Mac are not.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:54:00 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:03:32 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut writes:
    >>
    >>> * Miles Bader peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Does that mean Terekhov is the smart one?

    >> Well, handing you your arse on a plate time and time again doesn't
    >> actually qualify him as smart since it's so easy to do. However I
    >> suspect he is a lot smarter than most in COLA and provides links to his
    >> information as opposed to you, who just lies and fabricates stuff to
    >> big yourself up and to get another doggy choc from your master Roy.
    >>
    >> Heel Liarnut! Heel!

    > Mr Terekhov blasts the COLA Linux loons out of the water just about
    > every time he posts.
    > These idiots can't deal with facts and that is what makes them hate him
    > so much.
    >
    > Unlike Schestowitz (Spamowitz) who posts crap based upon Linux blogs,
    > his own website, PJ says, and the all famous "a reliable source told me"
    > Terekhov backs his posts up with factual links.
    >
    > Linux advocates hate facts because when he facts are put on the table,
    > Linux as a desktop system is in serious trouble. Virtually nobody is
    > using it and that's sorry considering it's free and Windows/Mac are not.

    .... and there's your oft repeated dishonest FUD. Google is using it.
    Largo is using it. Chicago is using it. Hollywood is using it. Munich is
    using it. Wall street is using it.The French Gendarmes and National
    Assembly are using it. People are paying Novel and Red Hat and Novel to
    use it. It is being used in more and more cell phones and embedded
    devices instead of Windows derivatives. That doesn't sound like virtually
    no one.

    And, of course, you will find ways to dismiss each example because you
    apparently can't accept that Linux and OSS is actually used through out
    the world on desktops, servers and various devices.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    Rick writes:

    > On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 15:54:00 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Linux advocates hate facts because when he facts are put on the
    >> table, Linux as a desktop system is in serious trouble. Virtually
    >> nobody is using it and that's sorry considering it's free and
    >> Windows/Mac are not.

    > ... and there's your oft repeated dishonest FUD. Google is using it.
    > Largo is using it. Chicago is using it. Hollywood is using it. Munich
    > is using it. Wall street is using it.The French Gendarmes and National
    > Assembly are using it. People are paying Novel and Red Hat and Novel
    > to use it. It is being used in more and more cell phones and embedded
    > devices instead of Windows derivatives. That doesn't sound like
    > virtually no one.
    >
    > And, of course, you will find ways to dismiss each example because you
    > apparently can't accept that Linux and OSS is actually used through
    > out the world on desktops, servers and various devices.

    It is irrelevant for its quality how many people are using it. The
    important question is rather how many and how capable people are
    contributing to it.

    I don't consider the things I eat inferior just because billions of
    billions of flies would rather eat crap. That's not relevant for my own
    choices.

  4. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    Linonut writes:
    > Does that mean Terekhov is the smart one?

    Terekhov is the rabid one.

    -Miles

    --
    Politeness, n. The most acceptable hypocrisy.

  5. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    Miles Bader writes:

    > Linonut writes:
    >> Does that mean Terekhov is the smart one?

    > Terekhov is the rabid one.
    >
    > -Miles

    Would you like to post some examples of this "rabid" behaviour then
    "Miles"? I only ever see him post corrections backed up with supportive
    evidence.

    --
    "Your Ref header shows bt.com. The "kustomkomputer" troll nymshifted again?"
    -- William Poaster boring people to death with his header compulsion in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  6. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    Hadron wrote:

    > Would you like to post some examples of this "rabid" behaviour then
    > "Miles"? I only ever see him post corrections backed up with supportive
    > evidence.

    Okay ....

    http://tinyurl.com/599u38

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.windows-xp,
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: how open source has influenced Windows Server 2008 ..
    Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > Oh, I see you've met Redhat!!!
    > https://www.redhat.com/apps/store/server/

    Why do you continually crosspost to other newsgroups? Are you so desperate
    for attention? Is your aim to start flame wars between newsgroups? usenet
    used to be a relatively friendly place until the likes of you started
    abusing it.

    Your immature posting style says so much about your obvious lack of
    education / intelligence. I hope it is the former as that can be remedied.
    ..... and ....

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    http://tinyurl.com/6ngfby

    Subject: Re: Microsoft's Secret Sauce for 'Success'
    Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:32:35 +0900

    >> No it isn't. Linux is freely available for download. The problem is
    >> that for too long Linux was crap and simply not ready for the prime
    >> time desktop. It is now. But it's missed the boat. And people like you
    >> whining all the time about MS isn't going to change that. Grow a set of
    >> balls and advocate LINUX and stop whinging like schoolgirl about the
    >> Market Leader.

    Hadron uses a very common trolling technique. Rather than participate in
    the discussion, attempts to deflect the issues by flinging insulting
    retorts, such as homophobic name calling and referring to a poster's
    expressions as "whines". In his insulting, extolls a competing operating
    system by calling it a market leader. This confirms he is here to troll.

    He misrepresents the truth, showing that he truly is not an advocate,
    referring to Linux as crap. Yet 10 years ago, Linux was a complete and
    suitable desktop product. As you show in the following explanations
    regarding Microsoft concerns expressed through the Halloween papers.
    --
    HPT

  7. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    High Plains Thumper writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Would you like to post some examples of this "rabid" behaviour then
    >> "Miles"? I only ever see him post corrections backed up with supportive
    >> evidence.

    > Okay ....

    Your name is "Miles" too now is it High Plains Hypocrite? Does it never
    end.

    *snip* nonsense nothing to do with the question asked.

  8. Re: Red Hat pays $800,000 + costs for a patent deal

    On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 05:48:07 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> Would you like to post some examples of this "rabid" behaviour then
    >>> "Miles"? I only ever see him post corrections backed up with supportive
    >>> evidence.

    >> Okay ....

    > Your name is "Miles" too now is it High Plains Hypocrite? Does it never
    > end.
    >
    > *snip* nonsense nothing to do with the question asked.

    HPT stumbles and falls every time he tries to nym shift.
    It's getting embarrassing.