[News] [Rival] Why It's Time for US Congress People to Dump Microsoft Windows - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Why It's Time for US Congress People to Dump Microsoft Windows

    Wolf Reveals House Computers Compromised by Outside Source

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | That kind of information, as well as everything else on my office
    | computers -- e-mails, memos, correspondence and district casework - was open
    | for outside eyes to see.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | These cyber attacks permitted the source to probe our computers to evaluate
    | our system's defenses, and to view and copy information. My suspicion is
    | that I was targeted by Chinese sources because of my long history of speaking
    | out about China's abysmal human rights record.
    `----

    http://wolf.house.gov/index.cfm?sect...34&itemid=1174

    4 out of 10 Windows PCs is a zombie[1] and there is no solution in
    sight[2,3,4,5,6]. Also new:

    US Hacker Gets 41 Months for Running Rogue Botnet

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A U.S. hacker who hooked up a botnet within Newell Rubbermaid's corporate
    | network was sentenced to 41 months in prison on Wednesday, according to the
    | U.S. Department of Justice.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...ue_botnet.html
    http://tinyurl.com/4excwm

    ____
    [1]
    http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/co...-botnets_N.htm

    [2] Bumper bundle of Windows updates includes Vista patches

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | June's Patch Tuesday has brought a substantial crop of updates for Windows,
    | including three critical patches for Vista =and other versions, calling into
    | question Microsoft's "secure by design" claim for its latest operating
    | system.
    `----

    http://www.itwire.com/content/view/18698/1054/

    [3] Nevis Labs Identifies Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows Live OneCare

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Nevis Networks, a market leader in secure switching and identity-based policy
    | enforcement appliances, today announced that Nevis Labs has identified
    | vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows Live OneCare.
    `----

    http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...96&newsLang=en

    [4] Vista Called as Vulnerable as Predecessors

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | It looks as if Vista's reputation for improved security could be heading for
    | the pages of history. PC Tools has renewed last week's attack on the platform
    | with new figures that appear to back up its claim that Vista is almost as
    | vulnerable as its predecessors.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...decessors.html

    [5] Vista security credentials tarnished in malware survey

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "[Vista]has been hailed by Microsoft as the most secure version of Windows to
    | date. However, recent research conducted with statistics from over 1.4
    | million computers within the ThreatFire community has shown that Windows
    | Vista is more susceptible to malware than the eight year old Windows 2000
    | operating system, and only 37 per cent more secure than Windows XP," said
    | Simon Clausen, chief exec at PC Tools.
    `----

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...alware_survey/

    [6] Vista as Insecure as Windows 2000

    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...dows_2000.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Why It's Time for US Congress People to Dump Microsoft Windows

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks