Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS! - Linux

This is a discussion on Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS! - Linux ; On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:24:39 +0200, Hadron wrote: > "Phil Da Lick!" writes: > >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: >>> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:16:10 +0200, Hadron wrote: >>> >>>> "Phil Da Lick!" writes: >>>> >>>>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 45 of 45

  1. Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:24:39 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> His post had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed and he
    >>> still hasn't figured it out.
    >>>
    >>> No more dick for phil....
    >>>

    >> Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the charter of the
    >> newsgroup.

    > Looks like another dumb arse High Plains Hypocrite "wannabe" (or nym...).

    +1
    A couple of cherries in the post give away HPT every time.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:01:18 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> His post had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed and he
    >>> still hasn't figured it out.
    >>>
    >>> No more dick for phil....
    >>>

    >> Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the charter of the newsgroup.

    > Is that you High Plains Humper?
    >
    > BTW neither do a good portion of Roy Schestowitz's posts.
    >
    > I don't seem to remember seeing you complaining about those posts.

    Good portion (arguably) versus 100% (actually).

    Join the dots knob****e.

  3. Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:18:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >>>Hadron lied shamelessly:

    >> Is Friday lie -day, Quack? I counted three obvious lies in that one
    >> short post of yours. That's pretty bad, even for a bald-faced,
    >> shameless liar such as you.
    >>

    > You mean the Quack you reportedly killfile? Poor, poor chrisv. It's like
    > you have the Internet version of that dementia where people feel the need
    > to shout out "sweaty butt crack" and similar in the middle of a
    > perfectly rational conversation.

    Tourette Syndrome.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:09:40 +0100, Phil Da Lick! wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Your posts have absolutely nothing to do with the charter of the newsgroup.

    >> Is that you High Plains Humper?
    >>
    >> BTW neither do a good portion of Roy Schestowitz's posts.
    >>
    >> I don't seem to remember seeing you complaining about those posts.
    >>

    > Good portion (arguably) versus 100% (actually).
    >
    > Join the dots knob****e.

    Stop moving the goalposts you Linux loon.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Happy 4th cola anniversary, DFS!

    http://tinyurl.com/2sv65p

    From: Hadron
    Subject: Re: This useless group is closed?
    Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:38:23 +0200

    "I do admit I troll sometimes. It is amusing to watch puppets like
    yourself twitch."

    > I just point out the lies and bull**** repeated in here by you and your
    > many nyms. Me? I like and use Linux. Do I think it's ready for the
    > average home desktop? No, I do not because most of the important the GUI
    > applications are second rate and buggy.

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    Subject: Re: [News] Sister OS to Linux, OS-X Has Better TCO than Microsoft
    Windows
    Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:50:07 +0100

    > Hadron has an apparent inability to recognise how more consistent usage
    > of Debian Stable will only help his usage of the product, preferring
    > unstable versions of Debian; if not for the only reason as an
    > opportunity to attack Linux/OSS.

    Once more for the hard of brain power : I use testing. Not unstable. And I
    use it for a reason - Debian Stable is simply too buggy and backward and I
    cant be arsed to manage pinning or selectively monitoring backports.

    > The entertainment SW is awful and the syncronization SW for things like
    > phones and pdas is a total joke.

    http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT5847717353.html

    We deployed Mandrake 8.2 on our studio's primary editing system seven
    months ago, then upgraded to Mandrake 9.0 last month. There were no
    hardware issues at all. Simply put, the base system installed and
    configured itself, including a rather complex ethernet router link to the
    internet. The only software which required immediate repair was Xcdroast,
    which required a 5 minute download and upgrade so it would recognize our
    CD burner. The learning curve for my staff was slightly longer than that
    required by Windows, but that investment in time has paid measurable
    dividends in productivity.

    A caveat here: These systems are not routinely doing elaborate multi-track
    production, although that is quite possible using open source software.
    Using a combination of Broadcast 2000, SND, and ReZound, we have been
    creating some astonishing work. One of our competitors recently paid
    $24,000 for a Windows-based dedicated editing station that does little
    more than we can on our $950 off-the-shelf PC running Linux (and they paid
    another 3 thousand dollars to fly in a trainer to teach their staff how to
    use it!).

    These systems are primarily used for simple audio file creation, shipping
    and receiving of same, CD archiving; the basic day to day stuff. They are
    however running and in use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In seven
    months of continuous use, the original Linux box has never lost a single
    byte of material, never locked or crashed, and never needed a single
    re-boot.
    --
    HPT

+ Reply to Thread