Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic - Linux ; On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:02:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote: > Here's a guide to help normal understand the /logic and reasoning/ that > linux "advocates" use. > > > I AM THE WORLD: Example: I don't listen to country music. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

  1. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:02:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Here's a guide to help normal understand the /logic and reasoning/ that
    > linux "advocates" use.
    >
    >
    > I AM THE WORLD: Example: I don't listen to country music. Therefore,
    > country music is not popular.


    Pretty much all true.
    A funny personal story about Country Western Music though.

    When I was a kid I was kind of a prodigy at the piano in that I could play
    it, and real good, without ever having a lesson.
    I was born with a gift.

    My father hated country western music and he used to tell me all the time
    that i should never play any of that "country western garbage".
    He always used that phrase "country western garbage".
    Fast forward to my teens when I got my first truly professional gig, I met
    the other hired guns and one guy started telling me he loved country
    western music.
    i said, Oh, you like garbage........
    Needless to say I got a good education that night....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  2. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:27:31 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:02:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Here's a guide to help normal understand the /logic and reasoning/ that
    >> linux "advocates" use.
    >>
    >>
    >> I AM THE WORLD: Example: I don't listen to country music. Therefore,
    >> country music is not popular.

    >
    > Pretty much all true.


    That describes DFS, Hadron, You and company...
    If it doesn't effect you, it effects no one. If you view something as a
    problem, and it effects one person, it effects everyone.


    > A funny personal story about Country Western Music though.
    >
    > When I was a kid I was kind of a prodigy at the piano in that I could
    > play it, and real good, without ever having a lesson. I was born with a
    > gift.
    >
    > My father hated country western music and he used to tell me all the
    > time that i should never play any of that "country western garbage". He
    > always used that phrase "country western garbage". Fast forward to my
    > teens when I got my first truly professional gig, I met the other hired
    > guns and one guy started telling me he loved country western music.
    > i said, Oh, you like garbage........
    > Needless to say I got a good education that night....


    You don't seem to have learned anything.

    You call Linux users loons. (Even though you say you use Linux).

    Buy a clue.
    --
    Rick

  3. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    Rick wrote:

    > That describes DFS, Hadron, You and company...
    > If it doesn't effect you, it effects no one. If you view something
    > as a problem, and it effects one person, it effects everyone.


    I see a problem that affects you, (p)Rick. Guess what it is.





  4. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:11:37 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> That describes DFS, Hadron, You and company... If it doesn't effect
    >> you, it effects no one. If you view something as a problem, and it
    >> effects one person, it effects everyone.

    >
    > I see a problem that affects you, (p)Rick. Guess what it is.


    I don't really care what you see, Dumb ****ing ****.



    --
    Rick

  5. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    On 2008-06-12, Rick wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:27:31 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:02:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here's a guide to help normal understand the /logic and reasoning/ that
    >>> linux "advocates" use.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I AM THE WORLD: Example: I don't listen to country music. Therefore,
    >>> country music is not popular.

    >>
    >> Pretty much all true.

    >
    > That describes DFS, Hadron, You and company...
    > If it doesn't effect you, it effects no one. If you view something as a
    > problem, and it effects one person, it effects everyone.


    Sorry for pulling you up on a malapropism but this one really ****s me.

    You "effect" a change in something.

    The change "affects" you.

    Got it?

    Sorry.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  6. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    Gregory Shearman wrote:
    > On 2008-06-12, Rick wrote:
    >> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 21:27:31 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 12:02:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Here's a guide to help normal understand the /logic and reasoning/ that
    >>>> linux "advocates" use.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> I AM THE WORLD: Example: I don't listen to country music. Therefore,
    >>>> country music is not popular.
    >>> Pretty much all true.

    >> That describes DFS, Hadron, You and company...
    >> If it doesn't effect you, it effects no one. If you view something as a
    >> problem, and it effects one person, it effects everyone.

    >
    > Sorry for pulling you up on a malapropism but this one really ****s me.
    >
    > You "effect" a change in something.
    >
    > The change "affects" you.
    >
    > Got it?
    >
    > Sorry.
    >

    Gee, thanks for the grammar lesson ...

  7. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    Rick wrote:
    >> Sorry for pulling you up on a malapropism but this one really ****s me.
    >>
    >> You "effect" a change in something.
    >>
    >> The change "affects" you.
    >>
    >> Got it?
    >>
    >> Sorry.
    >>

    > Gee, thanks for the grammar lesson ...


    Quite right, so y'should.
    Bugs me too, some of these "mistaking one word for another" ****ups.
    Still, at least you've not succumbed to here, hear, they're, there, their,
    wear, where and were mistakes...
    --
    | |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk |in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|
    | |can't move, with no hope of rescue. |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc |Consider how lucky you are that life has been |
    | in |good to you so far... |
    | Computer Science | -The BOOK, Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy.|

  8. Re: A normal persons guide to understanding linux advocate logic

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Gregory Shearman wrote:
    >> On 2008-06-12, Rick wrote:

    >
    >>> If it doesn't effect you, it effects no one. If you view something as a
    >>> problem, and it effects one person, it effects everyone.

    >>
    >> Sorry for pulling you up on a malapropism but this one really ****s me.
    >>
    >> You "effect" a change in something.
    >> The change "affects" you.
    >> Got it?
    >> Sorry.
    >>

    > Gee, thanks for the grammar lesson ...


    Everyone loves being corrected by a "Little Professor".

    --
    The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to
    study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to
    the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of
    their operating system.
    -- Bill Gates

+ Reply to Thread