Re: RadioHead's Open Music, like Open Source has BACKFIRED... - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: RadioHead's Open Music, like Open Source has BACKFIRED... - Linux ; On 2008-06-11, Ezekiel wrote: > > "SomeBloke" wrote in message > news:d8SdnYQa0ZkgMtLVnZ2dnUVZ8qbinZ2d@posted.metro net... >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: [deletia] >> the oh so Godly (and sanctimonious) hypocrites U2, >> is hardly likely to say anything else, is he? > > If ...

  1. Re: RadioHead's Open Music, like Open Source has BACKFIRED...

    On 2008-06-11, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > news:d8SdnYQa0ZkgMtLVnZ2dnUVZ8qbinZ2d@posted.metro net...
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    [deletia]
    >> the oh so Godly (and sanctimonious) hypocrites U2,
    >> is hardly likely to say anything else, is he?

    > If giving away a bands music for free worked well then you would see other
    > bands doing it. Since I don't see any artists (artists worth listening to)
    > giving away their work for free it's safe to conclude that it's not a
    > viable business model.

    ....they have been doing it for over 80 years.

    If you haven't noticed, then you're just dense.

    [deletia]

    I am listening to one of those mythical non-existent creatures right
    now and commercial free too I might add...

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of Oracle's |||
    continued popularity as does an attempt to do some / | \

  2. Re: RadioHead's Open Music, like Open Source has BACKFIRED...

    "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    > On 2008-06-11, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> news:d8SdnYQa0ZkgMtLVnZ2dnUVZ8qbinZ2d@posted.metro net...
    >>> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > [deletia]
    >>> the oh so Godly (and sanctimonious) hypocrites U2,
    >>> is hardly likely to say anything else, is he?

    >> If giving away a bands music for free worked well then you would see
    >> other
    >> bands doing it. Since I don't see any artists (artists worth listening
    >> to)
    >> giving away their work for free it's safe to conclude that it's not a
    >> viable business model.

    > ...they have been doing it for over 80 years.
    >
    > If you haven't noticed, then you're just dense.

    Great examples that you gave there. Like I said, artists worth listening to
    don't give away their music for free.

    > [deletia]
    >
    > I am listening to one of those mythical non-existent creatures right
    > now and commercial free too I might add...

    And another excellent and specific example. Could you possibly be any more
    vague.