[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Grip on the Market (Seeking Alpha) - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Grip on the Market (Seeking Alpha)

    The Market Sees Microsoft Losing Its Grip

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If that's not what's going on, then what else? A long-term stock chart shows
    | Microsoft stock forming a plateau after Mr. Ballmer took over. Something
    | caused its stock to lose relative appeal. The above reason is my best guess.
    `----

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/8066...osing-its-grip

    Recent:

    Microsoft has lost its grip on the ecosystem

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This dominance is the product of Microsoft's influence over its partners, but
    | Redmond is starting to lose its grip. At least three key manufacturers — of
    | chips, PCs and handsets — in the ecosystem have wriggled free. Microsoft,
    | used to leading others, is increasingly finding itself being led places it
    | doesn't want to go.
    |
    | The first sign came out of the 'Vista Capable' lawsuit, when previously
    | confidential uncovered emails showed what Intel seems to have done to
    | Microsoft just prior to the launch of Windows Vista. Intel wanted to stick
    | its 915 chipset into new PCs and Microsoft wanted to do the same with Vista —
    | the problem was, the 915's embedded graphics capabilities could not handle
    | Vista's flashy Aero interface.
    `----

    http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/article...9426609,00.htm

    Microsoft earnings post-mortem: The cash cows quiver

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I can’t help but wonder if the lackluster Windows/Office results also can be
    | attributed to Microsoft brass’s complete and crazy obsession with Google (and
    | taking over Yahoo) has resulted in no one minding the Windows store. Kevin
    | Johnson, the head of Microsoft’s Platforms & Services division seems to be so
    | laser-focused on the online-ad business these days that he almost seems to
    | have forgotten Microsoft is still in the software business, too.
    |
    | Microsoft execs’ claims about walking away from the Yahoo deal are nothing
    | more than bluster. A protracted hostile takeover bid is just going to
    | distract not just employees in Microsoft’s online services business, but
    | company management, too. It’s not a pretty picture.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1362

    Microsoft sees slide in profits

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Grip on the Market (Seeking Alpha)

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > The Market Sees Microsoft

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks