[News] Microsoft Conceals Software Patent, Paints it with Anatomy Brush - Linux

  1. [News] Microsoft Conceals Software Patent, Paints it with Anatomy Brush

    Microsoft brain lateralization patent all about software QA

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last Thursday, Microsoft filed patent application 2008/134,132, which
    | describes a method of "Developing Software Components Based on Brain
    | Lateralization." At first glance, this sounds quite impressive; direct neural
    | programming interfaces, after all, is the stuff science fiction is made of.
    | Closer examination, however, indicates that our dreams of writing C++ code
    | without that pesky keyboard getting in the way remain elusive. Fancy wording
    | or not, Microsoft is essentially attempting to patent something far more
    | basic: the software Quality Assurance (Q&A) process.
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...ftware-qa.html

    From:
    http://www.digitalmajority.org/forum...ut-software-qa

    "Read that over, and you'll notice it mentions neither the brain nor any sort
    of organizational/methodological principle that could be described as
    brain-like"

    More IP garbage and the verge of corruption:

    Opponents Say Inclusion Of IP Issues Would Set Back WTO Talks

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A small group of countries opposing the inclusion of intellectual
    | property-related issues in World Trade Organization negotiations has issued
    | their response to an earlier “non-paper” that had called for IP issues to be
    | integrated with the upcoming horizontal, or all-inclusive, negotiations at
    | the WTO.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | The paper is referring to a 26 May proposal, in the form of
    | another “non-paper” seeking to ensure that three major IP issues are on the
    | table for the horizontal trade talks.
    `----

    http://www.ip-watch.org/weblog/index.php?p=1088

    Recent:

    Microsoft and Dell await verdict on patent claim

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The patents were owned by Lucent Technologies Inc, which Alcatel SA acquired
    | in 2006. Lucent sued in 2002 claiming infringement of patents for
    | computer-video coding used in digital television, DVDs and video games, a
    | method for entering data on computer forms, and the use of a stylus. *
    `----

    http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/worl.../01/2003407949

    Avistar baffled over Microsoft patent fight

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So far, four of Microsoft’s requests have been rejected by the US Patent
    | Trademark Office (USPTO) on procedural grounds. If all procedural flaws are
    | corrected, the USPTO has approximately two months to decide whether or not to
    | grant the requests and hold a full formal re-examination. *
    |
    | Tony Rodde, president of Avistar, said: “Avistar has a lot of questions about
    | why Microsoft might be doing this, because some of these patents have nothing
    | to do with Microsoft’s technology or business.” *
    `----

    http://www.vnunet.com/crn/news/22131...rosoft-3916000

    Related:

    Microsoft is rejected on patents case

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | An appeals court on Friday rejected Microsoft Corp.'s challenge to a $142
    | million trial loss over patents on a way to prevent software piracy.
    `----

    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...sftsuit17.html

    Timeline wins $5M from Microsoft in patent settlement

    | According to Timeline's SEC filing last week, Microsoft agreed to pay
    | Timeline $5 million within 14 days as part of the settlement. Timeline, which
    | describes itself as a "company ... solely focused on commercializing its
    | patent portfolio," had sued the Redmond computer giant and its subsidiary
    | ProClarity Corp. for patent infringement. * *
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/071022/1538829.html?.v=1

    Visto Wins $7.7 Million in Damages

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Besides Seven Networks, Redwood Shores-based Visto has sued rival
    | Good Technology Inc., Microsoft Corp. and Research In Motion Ltd.,
    | the maker of the ubiquitous BlackBerry device that helps keep
    | workers connected to their jobs even when they are out of the office.
    `----

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061220/visto...ward.html?.v=4

  2. Re: [News] Microsoft Conceals Software Patent, Paints it with Anatomy Brush

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Microsoft

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks