NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation" - Linux

This is a discussion on NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation" - Linux ; Bring it on. Let the "advocates" now change the subject to trolling, kill-files, illegal kick-backs and herd mentatility. It's true. Linux is completely and utterly lacking in innovation. And whenever innovation is found in another operating system, it's not long ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

  1. NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    Bring it on. Let the "advocates" now change the subject to trolling,
    kill-files, illegal kick-backs and herd mentatility.

    It's true. Linux is completely and utterly lacking in innovation. And
    whenever innovation is found in another operating system, it's not long
    before someone in the Linux community completely ignores any applicable
    patents (if the innovator remembered to file them) and simply re-makes the
    innovation with the 100% clarity of 20/20 hind-sight. Then, the Linux
    community will rally around this innovation and claim victory so they can
    start finding someone else's innovation to take.

    To get a true glimpse of how much the Free/Open Source Software (FOSS)
    community really is like the Soviet empire, remember back to the days when
    the Soviets would simply have someone buy a western product, take it to the
    USSR and then elevate a scientist to national prominence for making a Soviet
    version of that product. They did this with everything from wrist watches
    to the Space Shuttle! The Linux community is no different.

    In a previous post I stated that I like Unixy things. I do! I have no
    problem with the way that Linux works, I like it for the most part. I do
    have serious problems with the way that most of the stuff used in Linux is
    conceived and built. I cannot find an original element anywhere in Linux;
    everything in Linux is borrowed from somewhere.

    http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...novation-13721

  2. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:27:19 -0400
    <644e1$484e9d58$25770@news.teranews.com>:
    > Bring it on. Let the "advocates" now change the subject to trolling,
    > kill-files, illegal kick-backs and herd mentatility.
    >

    > It's true. Linux is completely and utterly lacking in innovation. And
    > whenever innovation is found in another operating system, it's not long
    > before someone in the Linux community completely ignores any applicable
    > patents (if the innovator remembered to file them) and simply re-makes the
    > innovation with the 100% clarity of 20/20 hind-sight. Then, the Linux
    > community will rally around this innovation and claim victory so they can
    > start finding someone else's innovation to take.
    >
    > To get a true glimpse of how much the Free/Open Source Software (FOSS)
    > community really is like the Soviet empire, remember back to the days when
    > the Soviets would simply have someone buy a western product, take it to the
    > USSR and then elevate a scientist to national prominence for making a Soviet
    > version of that product. They did this with everything from wrist watches
    > to the Space Shuttle! The Linux community is no different.
    >
    > In a previous post I stated that I like Unixy things. I do! I have no
    > problem with the way that Linux works, I like it for the most part. I do
    > have serious problems with the way that most of the stuff used in Linux is
    > conceived and built. I cannot find an original element anywhere in Linux;
    > everything in Linux is borrowed from somewhere.
    >

    > http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...novation-13721

    Well, OK, then, Linux lacks innovation. It's a monolithic
    kernel with recycled code (nothing bad in that per se,
    of course, SCO's claims notwithstanding; there's only so
    many ways to write a for loop) and loadable modules (but
    with a skeletal structure that's unchangeable, unlike,
    say, Plan 9). It's packaged reasonably well, and works,
    but is not innovative.

    How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?

    Go for it.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #8830129:
    std::set<...> v; for(..:iterator i = v.begin(); i != v.end(); i++)
    if(*i == thing) {...}

  3. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    *Yawn*

  4. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    > What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    > [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?

    Well, they think by completely changing the UI, AGAIN, that this is
    innovative.
    What would be innovative for Windows would be to fix the problems, and
    then leave the bloody thing alone.

  5. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:27:19 -0400
    > <644e1$484e9d58$25770@news.teranews.com>:
    >> Bring it on. Let the "advocates" now change the subject to trolling,
    >> kill-files, illegal kick-backs and herd mentatility.
    >>

    >> It's true. Linux is completely and utterly lacking in innovation. And
    >> whenever innovation is found in another operating system, it's not long
    >> before someone in the Linux community completely ignores any applicable
    >> patents (if the innovator remembered to file them) and simply re-makes
    >> the
    >> innovation with the 100% clarity of 20/20 hind-sight. Then, the Linux
    >> community will rally around this innovation and claim victory so they can
    >> start finding someone else's innovation to take.
    >>
    >> To get a true glimpse of how much the Free/Open Source Software (FOSS)
    >> community really is like the Soviet empire, remember back to the days
    >> when
    >> the Soviets would simply have someone buy a western product, take it to
    >> the
    >> USSR and then elevate a scientist to national prominence for making a
    >> Soviet
    >> version of that product. They did this with everything from wrist
    >> watches
    >> to the Space Shuttle! The Linux community is no different.
    >>
    >> In a previous post I stated that I like Unixy things. I do! I have no
    >> problem with the way that Linux works, I like it for the most part. I do
    >> have serious problems with the way that most of the stuff used in Linux
    >> is
    >> conceived and built. I cannot find an original element anywhere in
    >> Linux;
    >> everything in Linux is borrowed from somewhere.
    >>

    >> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...novation-13721
    >>

    > Well, OK, then, Linux lacks innovation. It's a monolithic
    > kernel with recycled code (nothing bad in that per se,
    > of course, SCO's claims notwithstanding; there's only so
    > many ways to write a for loop) and loadable modules (but
    > with a skeletal structure that's unchangeable, unlike,
    > say, Plan 9). It's packaged reasonably well, and works,
    > but is not innovative.
    >
    > How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    > What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    > [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?
    >
    > Go for it.

    I don't think there's anything innovative in Vista. As a matter of fact, I
    wouldn't be surprised to see very few if any innovations ("completely
    original ideas") in software. Everything that I've seen for the past several
    years is basically an improvement of an existing idea. Most of the
    innovations that I've seen are at the hardware level. I think the way my
    iPod touch interacts with my finger gestures is quite innovative although I
    wouldn't be surprised if it was done earlier. It was innovative "to me"
    because it's the first device I own that does this and it's the first time
    I've seen this. It's also the first time (that I'm aware of) that something
    like this was practical and available at a large scale.

    Take VR (virtual reality) for example. Sure... it's been around a while and
    has niche usage but it's not exactly practical or readily available to
    everyone. Perhaps someday somebody will come up with a practical use for VR
    and I'd consider that "usage" innovative, but not necessarily the VR.

    Other than the touch/gesture interaction with my iPod touch it's been a
    while since I've seen anything that I would call innovation. Some
    "advocates" here seem to believe that Compiz "wobbly windows" and a
    "rotating 3D cube" is innovative but it seems like it's more of a gimmick
    rather than a true innovation that has tangible benefits.

  6. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    "Cork Soaker" wrote in message
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    >> What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    >> [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?

    > Well, they think by completely changing the UI, AGAIN, that this is
    > innovative.
    > What would be innovative for Windows would be to fix the problems, and
    > then leave the bloody thing alone.

    You must be thinking of KDE or gnome. Add wobbly windows and a rotating 3D
    cube instead of fixing the bugs and crashes.

  7. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Cork Soaker

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:31:17 +0100
    <7sm2i5-9pe.ln1@quarkbomb.dyndns.org>:
    > *Yawn*

    Now now, you're playing into Ezekiel's hands; that's
    exactly his point. ;-) Apparently he prefers an OS that
    enrages the user with its quirky behavior, buggy nonsense,
    and random "phone home" attempts, as opposed to one that
    causes him to fall asleep on his keyboard while doing its
    job nearly invisibly.

    I can see the ads now...

    "Microsoft-when you care enough to keep your managers awake at night."

    Oh, wait, that was a different company. My bad.

    "Oooh, what a feeling, oh yes, Windows Vista!"

    Wait, didn't that have to do with automobiles?

    "This is your PC. This is your PC using Microsoft Windows Vista.
    Any questions?"

    Hmmm...maybe not *that* particular one, though I wouldn't mind brunch.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  8. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >
    > wrote
    >>

    >> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...novation-13721

    The key here is in the URL: visualbasic/dotnet

    > Well, OK, then, Linux lacks innovation. It's a monolithic
    > kernel with recycled code (nothing bad in that per se,
    > of course, SCO's claims notwithstanding; there's only so
    > many ways to write a for loop) and loadable modules (but
    > with a skeletal structure that's unchangeable, unlike,
    > say, Plan 9). It's packaged reasonably well, and works,
    > but is not innovative.
    >
    > How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    > What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    > [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?
    >
    > Go for it.

    Ghost, why do you lend even the slightest credence to Zeke's bull****?

    C'mon, man! Tweak the Zeke! Many people like to!

    --
    The best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to
    study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to

  9. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:12:26 -0400
    :
    > * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >>
    >> wrote
    >>>

    >>> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...novation-13721

    > The key here is in the URL: visualbasic/dotnet

    Interesting in that the blogger thinks Linux has any
    interest in ripping off PowerShell. Linux doesn't even
    *operate* at that level (it can open a file, associate
    memory with disk blocks (virtual memory), maybe handle
    environment variables, and initiate a process, but
    that's about it); the GNU utilities might want to "rip
    off" PowerShell, assuming the concept makes any sense
    at all. But I've worked on systems with typed files
    (VMS, DomainOS/Aegis); it's not a panacea by any means,
    just a different set of parameters.

    If we're like the USSR, where's the Prime Minister?
    President? Are we threatening to bury Microsoft?
    Do we have nuclear missiles?

    And if he likes the way Linux works, I'd like to know how
    well he knows the way Linux works. Linux is a multiple
    section solution -- and that's *before* we get into the
    distro vs. kernel wars. Briefly put, the sections are
    as follows.

    [1] An architecture-dependent section, which both gets
    things started and interfaces with the microprocessor.
    I'd have to look to see what else it does, but whenever
    a microprocessor generates an interrupt, something has
    to look into the stack or registers to encapsulate that
    interrupt into a machine-independent form. In Linux that's
    stored in /usr/src/linux/arch/* .

    [2] A module section, though in reality this encompasses
    many layers, since one can load relatively low device drivers
    and relatively high-level file systems.

    [3] A memory management section.

    [4] A process and thread management section.

    [5] A resource section for such things as opened files and shared
    memory.

    There's probably a lot more stuff in the kernel (I'd have to
    find it) but just to illustrate, the file system
    doesn't handle base device I/O directly; it punts to
    bread() and bwrite(). Synchronization is done by another
    routine -- I forget its name -- which can be an issue if
    one process initiates a write while another is waiting for
    a read.

    >> Well, OK, then, Linux lacks innovation. It's a monolithic
    >> kernel with recycled code (nothing bad in that per se,
    >> of course, SCO's claims notwithstanding; there's only so
    >> many ways to write a for loop) and loadable modules (but
    >> with a skeletal structure that's unchangeable, unlike,
    >> say, Plan 9). It's packaged reasonably well, and works,
    >> but is not innovative.
    >>
    >> How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    >> What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    >> [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?
    >>
    >> Go for it.

    > Ghost, why do you lend even the slightest credence to Zeke's bull****?

    Is there something innovative in Linux then? Best I can do is
    that Linux was created for free and given out for free, and
    even then it borrowed from Richard Stallman (the GPL, and
    GNU utilities) to do it. But that's not an innovation *in*
    Linux, it's an innovation surrounding it.

    It's not the best question though. No one's innovated
    the steering wheel for many years (a few have tried), because
    it's a solution that's reasonably intuitive and works fine
    for most if not all drivers.

    Linux is in the same boat. It works fine. What does it need?
    What does a distro based on Linux need?

    > C'mon, man! Tweak the Zeke! Many people like to!

    I will put his toes to the fire if I have to. I'll admit
    I'm going to have to bone up on Windows thunking, though;
    I know about Linux's 'int $0x80' (on x86 machines),
    which also isn't that innovative (PDP 11 series was
    using a similar instruction back in the 80's!), just
    straightforward engineering.

    And of course my annoyance at "Linux the kernel" versus
    "Linux the distro" is well known -- or should be. I'm
    a Gentoo distro user; that's a relatively sophisticated
    solution. I find it easy to use, but then that's because
    I can actually *read*.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #2239120:
    void f(char *p) {char *q = p; strcpy(p,q); }

  10. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "Cork Soaker" wrote in message
    >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>
    >>> How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    >>> What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    >>> [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?

    >> Well, they think by completely changing the UI, AGAIN, that this is
    >> innovative.
    >> What would be innovative for Windows would be to fix the problems, and
    >> then leave the bloody thing alone.

    > You must be thinking of KDE or gnome. Add wobbly windows and a rotating 3D
    > cube instead of fixing the bugs and crashes.

    Crashes? You must be an idiot. Oh, you are.

  11. Re: Bring out your dead for Ezekiel

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Bring it on.

    It is YOU DUMB**** that is USING the misfortunes of that poor Reiser woman
    to further your attacks on Linux.

    IS THERE NO DEPTH OF DEPRAVITY WINDUMMIES AND THAT ****ING WINDUMMY
    BILL GOATSE AND HIS BUM BOY BLAMMER WILL NOT STOOP TO TO ATTACK LINUX
    FOR THE SAKE OF A FEW DOLLARS?

    MICOSHAFT CORPORATION IS FULL OF EVIL PEOPLE AND THE SPLIFFING MARKETING
    FSCKS MUST KNOW THEY REEK OF EVIL.

    "7" wrote in message
    news:ktz3k.6845$E41.3149@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >
    >> Bring it on.

    > It is YOU DUMB**** that is USING the misfortunes of that poor Reiser woman
    > to further your attacks on Linux.

    Don't blame me for her misfortunes. I didn't kill her. She was murdered by
    the guy who wrote your linux filesystem.

    > IS THERE NO DEPTH OF DEPRAVITY WINDUMMIES AND THAT ****ING WINDUMMY
    > BILL GOATSE AND HIS BUM BOY BLAMMER WILL NOT STOOP TO TO ATTACK LINUX
    > FOR THE SAKE OF A FEW DOLLARS?

    Sounds a lot like you little fella. Take your meds and check back in the
    morning.

    > MICOSHAFT CORPORATION IS FULL OF EVIL PEOPLE AND THE SPLIFFING MARKETING
    > FSCKS MUST KNOW THEY REEK OF EVIL.

    Exactly. Everyone who works at "micoshaft" is evil. Glad to see that you're
    the one making intelligent and coherent posts.

  13. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > Don't blame me for her misfortunes. I didn't kill her. She was murdered by
    > the guy who wrote your linux filesystem.

    Not mine.

    I believe it's time. *plonk*

  14. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> Ghost, why do you lend even the slightest credence to Zeke's bull****?

    > Is there something innovative in Linux then? Best I can do is
    > that Linux was created for free and given out for free, and
    > even then it borrowed from Richard Stallman (the GPL, and
    > GNU utilities) to do it. But that's not an innovation *in*
    > Linux, it's an innovation surrounding it.

    Dude, think a bit. Although all work is based on work that went before,
    and is thus not completely original, even the most basic gruntwork
    functionality is created though a large number of small innovations.

    Innovation is where you look at a problem, and don't see any existing
    solution out there, and so you have to stew a bit, and apply your own
    mind to come up with a new juxtaposition of functionality in order to
    solve your problems.

    Linux /is/ innovative.

    Heck, even Windows /is/ innovative, even though some related
    functionality was purchased from someone who had already innovated a
    solution. Microsoft programmers, too, have to solve a lot of problems
    just to get their shiznet out the door.

    > It's not the best question though. No one's innovated
    > the steering wheel for many years (a few have tried), because
    > it's a solution that's reasonably intuitive and works fine
    > for most if not all drivers.

    Except certain types of handicaps, for which major innovation was
    necessary.

    Even the steering has changed:

    o New, better materials
    o Fatter, more grippable rim
    o Airbag in steering wheel
    o Controls in steering wheel (including paddle shifters and cruise
    control)
    o Tilting and extending

    > Linux is in the same boat. It works fine. What does it need?
    > What does a distro based on Linux need?

    It needs constant incremental improvements. And the need for new
    functionality is ongoing.

    > And of course my annoyance at "Linux the kernel" versus
    > "Linux the distro" is well known -- or should be. I'm
    > a Gentoo distro user; that's a relatively sophisticated
    > solution. I find it easy to use, but then that's because
    > I can actually *read*.

    The kernel may be the most innovative part of Linux, since it has
    recapitulated the functionality of a lot of other OS's, but in ways that
    can be very different.

    Even GNU is innovative -- gettext support, readline, the "no artificial
    limits" philosophy, the info pages, the GPL.

    The Linux GUIs are /all/ innovative. Just compare GNOME and KDE to the
    paucity of functionality that the Windows desktop permits, for example.
    And fluxbox, which is very different from all of them.

    Even if you completely copy a concept, you still have to solve a lot of
    little problems integrating the concept into your current body of code.
    It can be very hard work.

    Relatively few innovations are "big" (e.g. in the way Xerox PARC's GUI
    work or the Ethernet work was). Most of them are incremental.
    Nonetheless, they are innovations, and they do add up.

    --
    Just in terms of allocation of time resources, religion is not very
    efficient. There's a lot more I could be doing on a Sunday morning.

  15. Re: Bring out your dead for Ezekiel

    "7" schreef in bericht
    news:ktz3k.6845$E41.3149@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    > Micoshaft Fraudster

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  16. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:17:26 -0400
    <75dcc$484ec537$8296@news.teranews.com>:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:ktz3k.6845$E41.3149@text.news.virginmedia.com ...
    >> Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    >> from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >>
    >>> Bring it on.

    >> It is YOU DUMB**** that is USING the misfortunes of that poor Reiser woman
    >> to further your attacks on Linux.

    > Don't blame me for her misfortunes. I didn't kill her. She was murdered by
    > the guy who wrote your linux filesystem.

    "Your" implies "the", which is most certainly not the case
    in Linux.

    ext2 -- generic Linux filesystem, tried and true and rather old
    ext3 -- ext2 with journaling
    reiserfs -- the filesystem under dispute, written by a convicted
    murderer, presumably before he murdered his wife
    jfs -- IBM-sponsored filesystem

    Those are the main ones nowadays, but there's a fair number of others.

    [random screaming by "7" snipped]

    Please control yourself "7". Idiocy is not worth screaming at, merely
    debunking. ;-)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: Not a text file

  17. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    Cork Soaker wrote:

    >> You must be thinking of KDE or gnome. Add wobbly windows and a rotating 3D
    >> cube instead of fixing the bugs and crashes.

    >Crashes? You must be an idiot. Oh, you are.

    Or just a bald-faced liar.

  18. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    > How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    > What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    > [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?

    It has been said before and needs to be said again and again, it seems.
    Vista is the latest desktop Windows. It is great because it is Windows and
    it is present. It is not some obscure thing with a cutesy name like
    Fabulous Frog or Hideous Hog or whatever, it is right there on the shelf in
    the store and on sale to boot! Talk all you want of Linux and sophisticated
    Norwegians and fat hippies looking to free software from the bounds of
    commerce, but that stuff isn't around where you can even buy it if you
    wanted it. Vista is here and now and available everywhere. That is what
    makes the average person want to buy it.

  19. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, amicus_curious

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:09:10 -0400
    <484edf7f$0$2867$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>:

    > "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in message
    >>
    >> How innovative is Vista? What innovations exist in Vista?
    >> What would make the average person shout "Oh, that's so
    >> [censored] [censored] COOL!" and rush out and buy Vista?
    >>

    > It has been said before and needs to be said again and again, it seems.
    > Vista is the latest desktop Windows. It is great because it is Windows and
    > it is present. It is not some obscure thing with a cutesy name like
    > Fabulous Frog or Hideous Hog or whatever, it is right there on the shelf in
    > the store and on sale to boot! Talk all you want of Linux and sophisticated
    > Norwegians and fat hippies looking to free software from the bounds of
    > commerce, but that stuff isn't around where you can even buy it if you
    > wanted it. Vista is here and now and available everywhere. That is what
    > makes the average person want to buy it.

    That is correct; Windows is the devil we know...and will
    probably remain so for the next 500+ years. Vista is merely
    the latest in a long line of Microsoft Windows innovations,
    which are recognized for the most part because Microsoft has
    lots of ad revenue.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Woman? What woman?"

  20. Re: NEWS - "Linux Lacks Innovation"

    Ezekiel wrote:

    > It's true. Linux is completely and utterly lacking in innovation.

    Your post lacks innovation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast