"Open" Music experiment fails. - Linux

This is a discussion on "Open" Music experiment fails. - Linux ; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7445777.stm ,---- | "Sixty to 70% of the people who downloaded the record stole it anyway, | even though it was available for free." `---- -- "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our customers. ...

  1. "Open" Music experiment fails.

    ,----
    `----

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our

  2. Re: "Open" Music experiment fails.

    "Hadron" wrote in message

    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7445777.stm
    >
    > ,----
    > | "Sixty to 70% of the people who downloaded the record stole it anyway,
    > | even though it was available for free."
    > `----

    If I remember correctly Radiohead website was down most of the time because
    of too much traffic, so people turned to another way of getting the album.

  3. Re: "Open" Music experiment fails.

    On 2008-06-11, QuantumLeaper wrote:

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7445777.stm
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | "Sixty to 70% of the people who downloaded the record stole it anyway,
    >> | even though it was available for free."
    >> `----
    >>

    > If I remember correctly Radiohead website was down most of the time because
    > of too much traffic, so people turned to another way of getting the album.

    ....I also found the site not to terribly usable. It was like a bunch
    of amateurs were trying to recreate iTunes and failing miserably at it.

    --

    iTunes is not progressive. It's a throwback. |||
    / | \