Blamer: "The other thing we decided to do was not appeal to theEuropean Court of Justice." - Linux

This is a discussion on Blamer: "The other thing we decided to do was not appeal to theEuropean Court of Justice." - Linux ; Microsoft recently announced a final settlement with the EU. What does settling that mean, and why did it take as long as it did? Ballmer: Well, we didn't settle. We're in compliance. We moved to be in complete compliance with ...

  1. Blamer: "The other thing we decided to do was not appeal to theEuropean Court of Justice."

    Microsoft recently announced a final settlement with the EU. What does
    settling that mean, and why did it take as long as it did?

    Ballmer: Well, we didn't settle. We're in compliance. We moved to be
    in complete compliance with the 2004 decision that the commission
    took, and that's good. We've been trying to comply, but we are glad we
    were able to meet the issues the commission laid out in terms of
    compliance with its 2004 decision.

    [Of course he is neglecting to mention that between the 2004 decision
    and "being in compliance" there was a record $1.35 billion fine -
    Ramon]

    The other thing we decided to do was not appeal to the European Court
    of Justice. We've had our most important appellate opportunity. We got
    a fairly clear signal back from the Court of First Instance. I think
    we have to recognize we are where we are and we're going to work very
    constructively with the commission going forward.

    http://news.cnet.com/Ballmer-Calling...6215128-2.html

    -RFH

    ps: if you Windopes are gonna be good and loyal brown-nosers, you
    should at least be a little informed.

  2. Re: Blamer: "The other thing we decided to do was not appeal to the European Court of Justice."

    "Ramon F Herrera" schreef in bericht

    > Microsoft .............................

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks