Microsoft's Chief Architect: “Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.” - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft's Chief Architect: “Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.” - Linux ; nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote: >On Jun 9, 3:01 pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote: >> >> "Google has nothing on open source when it comes to potential >> competitive threats to Microsoft, according to Redmond’s Chief >> Software Architect Ray Ozzie." > >How ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: “Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.”

    nessuno@wigner.berkeley.edu wrote:

    >On Jun 9, 3:01 pm, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    >>
    >> "Google has nothing on open source when it comes to potential
    >> competitive threats to Microsoft, according to Redmond’s Chief
    >> Software Architect Ray Ozzie."

    >How can that be? According to DFS, open source "slopware" is
    >amateurish, buggy and incomplete. How could that be a threat to
    >Microsoft?

    The dishonesty of the Wintrolls is quite remarkable...

    --
    "You see 0.3 to 0.6 as a serious threat to a company who has more than
    90% of the market as a threat? FFS. Get real." - "True Linux

  2. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: “Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.”

    > Hadron quacked:
    >>
    >> You appear to be confusing Linux for OSS. Again.

    Idiot.

  3. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: ???Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.???

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> Because Windows is just as amateurish, buggy and incomplete? Just in
    >>> different areas?

    >> Yet more than 90% of desktop users use it daily with no issues.

    > How odd... I'd say much more than 90% of users use linux daily with no
    > issues...
    >
    > did you have a point?

    Yes. One which you have, yet again, completely misunderstood. You were
    making claims about Windows users. I pointed out that the great majority
    of desktop users (more than 90%) use Windows and use it with no issues.

    You are also, as usual, telling lies about the number of Linux users
    with issues. Since by your own numbers more than 50% of Linux users only
    got it in the last year or so then do you really believe they have no
    problems? Do you ever bother reading the Ubuntu forums? Can you really
    be this dense?

    >> What is
    >> it with simple desktop OSs that confuses you Andrew?

    > Absolutely nothing. What confuses you?

    You appear to be telling lies again.

    --
    "There is no such thing as Intellectual Property"
    Mark Kent

  4. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: ???Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.???

    In article , Hadron
    wrote:

    > > > Nessuno@Wigner.Berkeley.Edu:
    > > > How can that be? According to DFS, open source "slopware" is
    > > > amateurish, buggy and incomplete. How could that be a threat to
    > > > Microsoft?

    > > Andrew Halliwell:
    > > Because Windows is just as amateurish, buggy and incomplete? Just
    > > in different areas?

    > Hadron:
    > Yet more than 90% of desktop users use it daily with no issues.

    "with no issues"

    Haha!!

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  5. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: ???Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.???

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:23:45 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> Because Windows is just as amateurish, buggy and incomplete? Just in
    >>> different areas?

    >> Yet more than 90% of desktop users use it daily with no issues.

    > How odd... I'd say much more than 90% of users use linux daily with no
    > issues...
    >
    > did you have a point?
    >
    >> What is
    >> it with simple desktop OSs that confuses you Andrew?

    > Absolutely nothing. What confuses you?

    Too much choice.

    --
    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a

  6. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: ???Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.???

    William Poaster wrote:

    >On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:23:45 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> What is
    >>> it with simple desktop OSs that confuses you Andrew?

    >> Absolutely nothing. What confuses you?

    >Too much choice.

    Poor Quack - seems to *enjoy* making a jackass of himself on a regular
    basis.

    --
    "Linux is currently going nowhere on the desktop." - "True Linux
    advocate" Hadron Quark.

  7. Re: Microsoft's Chief Architect: “Open Source has made Microsoft a much stronger company.”

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    >> Hadron quacked:
    >>>
    >>> You appear to be confusing Linux for OSS. Again.

    > Idiot.

    *PLONK*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2