For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list - Linux

This is a discussion on For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list - Linux ; Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff ported over from UNIX: http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html Supported Products List GeForce Products: GeForce 9800 GX20x0604 GeForce 9800 GTX0x0612 GeForce 9600 GT0x0622 GeForce 9500M GS0x0405 GeForce 8800M GTX0x060C GeForce 8800M GTS0x0609 ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

  1. For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff ported
    over from UNIX:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

    Supported Products List

    GeForce Products:
    GeForce 9800 GX20x0604
    GeForce 9800 GTX0x0612
    GeForce 9600 GT0x0622
    GeForce 9500M GS0x0405
    GeForce 8800M GTX0x060C
    GeForce 8800M GTS0x0609
    GeForce 8800 Ultra0x0194
    GeForce 8800 GTX0x0191
    GeForce 8800 GTS 5120x0600
    GeForce 8800 GTS0x0193
    GeForce 8800 GT0x0602
    GeForce 8800 GT0x0611
    GeForce 8800 GS0x0606
    GeForce 8800 GS0x060D
    GeForce 8700M GT0x0409
    GeForce 8600M GT0x0407
    GeForce 8600M GS0x0425
    GeForce 8600 GTS0x0400
    GeForce 8600 GT0x0401
    GeForce 8600 GT0x0402
    GeForce 8500 GT0x0421
    GeForce 8400M GT0x0426
    GeForce 8400M GS0x0427
    GeForce 8400M G0x0428
    GeForce 8400 SE0x0420
    GeForce 8400 GS0x0404
    GeForce 8400 GS0x0422
    GeForce 8400 GS0x0424
    GeForce 8400 GS0x06E4
    GeForce 8300 GS0x0423
    GeForce 83000x0848
    GeForce 8200/ nForce 730a0x084A
    GeForce 82000x0849
    GeForce 82000x084B
    GeForce 8100 / nForce 720a0x084F
    GeForce 7950 GX20x0293
    GeForce 7950 GX20x0294
    GeForce 7950 GT0x0295
    GeForce 7950 GT0x02E4
    GeForce 7900 GTX0x0290
    GeForce 7900 GT/GTO0x0291
    GeForce 7900 GS0x0292
    GeForce 7900 GS0x02E3
    GeForce 7800 SLI0x0095
    GeForce 7800 GTX0x0090
    GeForce 7800 GTX0x0091
    GeForce 7800 GT0x0092
    GeForce 7800 GS0x0093
    GeForce 7800 GS0x00F5
    GeForce 7650 GS0x0390
    GeForce 7600 LE0x0394
    GeForce 7600 GT0x02E0
    GeForce 7600 GT0x0391
    GeForce 7600 GS0x02E1
    GeForce 7600 GS0x0392
    GeForce 7500 LE0x01DD
    GeForce 7350 LE0x01D0
    GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS0x01D3
    GeForce 7300 LE0x01D1
    GeForce 7300 GT0x0393
    GeForce 7300 GT0x0395
    GeForce 7300 GS0x01DF
    GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M0x0531
    GeForce 7150 / NVIDIA nForce 630i0x07E0
    GeForce 7100 GS0x016A
    GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i0x07E1
    GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a0x053A
    GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a0x053B
    GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i0x07E3
    GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a0x053E
    GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M0x0533
    GeForce 6800 XT0x0044
    GeForce 6800 XT0x0048
    GeForce 6800 XT0x00C3
    GeForce 6800 XT0x0218
    GeForce 6800 XE0x0043
    GeForce 6800 Ultra0x0040
    GeForce 6800 Ultra0x00F9
    GeForce 6800 LE0x0042
    GeForce 6800 LE0x00C2
    GeForce 6800 LE0x0212
    GeForce 6800 GT0x0045
    GeForce 6800 GT0x0046
    GeForce 6800 GT0x0215
    GeForce 6800 GS0x0047
    GeForce 6800 GS0x00C0
    GeForce 6800 GS0x00F6
    GeForce 68000x0041
    GeForce 68000x00C1
    GeForce 68000x00F0
    GeForce 68000x0211
    GeForce 6700 XL0x0147
    GeForce 6610 XL0x0145
    GeForce 6600 VE0x0143
    GeForce 6600 LE0x00F4
    GeForce 6600 LE0x0142
    GeForce 6600 GT0x00F1
    GeForce 6600 GT0x0140
    GeForce 66000x00F2
    GeForce 66000x0141
    GeForce 65000x0160
    GeForce 62500x0169
    GeForce 6200SE TurboCache(TM)0x0162
    GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM)0x0161
    GeForce 6200 LE0x0163
    GeForce 6200 A-LE0x0222
    GeForce 62000x00F3
    GeForce 62000x014F
    GeForce 62000x0221
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 4300x03D0
    GeForce 6150 LE0x0241
    GeForce 61500x0240
    GeForce 6100 nForce 4200x03D5
    GeForce 6100 nForce 4050x03D1
    GeForce 6100 nForce 4000x03D2
    GeForce 61000x0242
    GeForce PCX 59000x00FB
    GeForce PCX 57500x00FA
    GeForce PCX 53000x00FC
    GeForce Go 7950 GTX0x0297
    GeForce Go 7900 GTX0x0299
    GeForce Go 7900 GS0x0298
    GeForce Go 7800 GTX0x0099
    GeForce Go 78000x0098
    GeForce Go 7600 GT0x0399
    GeForce Go 76000x0398
    GeForce Go 74000x01D8
    GeForce Go 73000x01D7
    GeForce Go 72000x01D6
    GeForce Go 6800 Ultra0x00C9
    GeForce Go 68000x00C8
    GeForce Go 6600 TE/6200 TE0x0146
    GeForce Go 6600 GT0x0149
    GeForce Go 66000x0144
    GeForce Go 66000x0148
    GeForce Go 64000x0166
    GeForce Go 64000x0168
    GeForce Go 62000x0164
    GeForce Go 62000x0167
    GeForce Go 61500x0244
    GeForce Go 61000x0247
    GeForce FX Go57000x0347
    GeForce FX Go57000x0348
    GeForce FX Go56500x031B
    GeForce FX Go56000x031A
    GeForce FX Go53xx0x032C
    GeForce FX Go52500x0325
    GeForce FX Go5200 32M/64M0x0328
    GeForce FX Go52000x0324
    GeForce FX Go51000x032D
    GeForce FX 5950 Ultra0x0333
    GeForce FX 5900ZT0x0334
    GeForce FX 5900XT0x0332
    GeForce FX 5900 Ultra0x0330
    GeForce FX 59000x0331
    GeForce FX 5800 Ultra0x0301
    GeForce FX 58000x0302
    GeForce FX 5700VE0x0344
    GeForce FX 5700LE0x0343
    GeForce FX 5700 Ultra0x0341
    GeForce FX 57000x0342
    GeForce FX 5600XT0x0314
    GeForce FX 5600 Ultra0x0311
    GeForce FX 56000x0312
    GeForce FX 55000x0326
    GeForce FX 5200LE0x0323
    GeForce FX 5200 Ultra0x0321
    GeForce FX 52000x0320
    GeForce FX 52000x0322
    GeForce FX 51000x0327

    Tesla Products:
    Tesla C8700x0197

    Quadro Products:
    Quadro FX 10000x0309
    Quadro FX 11000x034E
    Quadro FX 13000x00FE
    Quadro FX 14000x00CE
    Quadro FX 15000x029E
    Quadro FX 1500M0x029B
    Quadro FX 1600M0x040D
    Quadro FX 17000x040F
    Quadro FX 20000x0308
    Quadro FX 2500M0x029A
    Quadro FX 30000x0338
    Quadro FX 3300x00FC
    Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI0x00CD
    Quadro FX 3500x01DE
    Quadro FX 35000x029D
    Quadro FX 350M0x01DC
    Quadro FX 3600M0x061C
    Quadro FX 360M0x042D
    Quadro FX 3700x040A
    Quadro FX 37000x061A
    Quadro FX 40000x004E
    Quadro FX 4400/Quadro FX 34000x00F8
    Quadro FX 45000x009D
    Quadro FX 4500 X20x029F
    Quadro FX 46000x019E
    Quadro FX 500/FX 6000x032B
    Quadro FX 5400x014E
    Quadro FX 540M0x014C
    Quadro FX 5500x014D
    Quadro FX 55000x029C
    Quadro FX 5600x039E
    Quadro FX 56000x019D
    Quadro FX 5700x040E
    Quadro FX 570M0x040C
    Quadro FX 7000x033F
    Quadro FX Go10000x034C
    Quadro FX Go14000x00CC
    Quadro FX Go7000x031C
    Quadro NVS 110M0x01D7
    Quadro NVS 110M0x01DA
    Quadro NVS 120M0x01DB
    Quadro NVS 130M0x042A
    Quadro NVS 135M0x042B
    Quadro NVS 140M0x0429
    Quadro NVS 210S / NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE0x0245
    Quadro NVS 280 PCI-E/Quadro FX 3300x00FD
    Quadro NVS 2850x0165
    Quadro NVS 2900x042F
    Quadro NVS 320M0x040B
    Quadro NVS 4400x014A
    Quadro NVS 55/280 PCI0x032A


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  2. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "Lurky" wrote in message
    news:d13eb$484d78c8$15874@news.teranews.com...
    > Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    > ported over from UNIX:
    >
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >
    > Supported Products List
    >



    Define "supported" - does it actually use the full potential of the product.
    Or is it simply able to boot and not crash?


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  3. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article ,
    "Lurky" wrote:

    > Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff ported
    > over from UNIX:
    >
    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html


    How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a discussion
    about application availability?

    --
    "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have." -McCain in April

    "I disagreed strongly with the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war
    in Iraq." -McCain in June

  4. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "ZnU" wrote in message
    news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    > In article ,
    > "Lurky" wrote:
    >
    >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >> ported
    >> over from UNIX:
    >>
    >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

    >
    > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a discussion
    > about application availability?


    You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible because
    Linux has no software worth running?


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  5. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article <63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com>,
    "Lurky" wrote:

    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    > news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    > > In article , "Lurky"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old
    > >> stuff ported over from UNIX:
    > >>
    > >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

    > >
    > > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    > > discussion about application availability?

    >
    > You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    > because Linux has no software worth running?


    Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made a decent
    showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a market dominated by
    commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why you think you're making any
    useful point here.

    --
    "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have." -McCain in April

    "I disagreed strongly with the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war
    in Iraq." -McCain in June

  6. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "Lurky" wrote in message
    news:63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com...
    >
    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    > news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    >> In article ,
    >> "Lurky" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >>> ported
    >>> over from UNIX:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

    >>
    >> How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a discussion
    >> about application availability?

    >
    > You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    > because Linux has no software worth running?


    I see. And because Pirelli tires fit on a Yugo must be indicative that
    Pirelli thinks that Yugo's are great cars.



    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  7. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    On 2008-06-09, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    > "Lurky" wrote in message
    > news:d13eb$484d78c8$15874@news.teranews.com...
    >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >> ported over from UNIX:
    >>
    >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >>
    >> Supported Products List
    >>

    >
    >
    > Define "supported" - does it actually use the full potential of the product.
    > Or is it simply able to boot and not crash?


    These are video cards we're talking about here.

    What supposed obscure features is Linux supposedly falling down on?

    --
    Linux: because everyone should get to drink the beer of their |||
    choice and not merely be limited to pretensious imports or hard cider. / | \

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:20:50 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    >> because Linux has no software worth running?

    >
    > I see. And because Pirelli tires fit on a Yugo must be indicative that
    > Pirelli thinks that Yugo's are great cars.


    Mmm, at first I thought "good one" but upon closer examination the analogy is
    flawed, because Pirelli didn't shoulder time or expense to make them fit on
    Yugos -- it just turned out that way.


  9. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:30:21 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Lurky" wrote in message
    > news:d13eb$484d78c8$15874@news.teranews.com...
    >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >> ported over from UNIX:
    >>
    >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >>
    >> Supported Products List
    >>

    >
    >
    > Define "supported" - does it actually use the full potential of the product.
    > Or is it simply able to boot and not crash?


    The word "supported" takes on a whole new meaning when Linux is involved.
    Generally it means the basic feature set works.
    IOW for a graphics card, a raster is put on the screen.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "JEDIDIAH" wrote in message
    news:slrng4t7je.8jj.jedi@nomad.mishnet...
    > On 2008-06-09, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> "Lurky" wrote in message
    >> news:d13eb$484d78c8$15874@news.teranews.com...
    >>> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >>> ported over from UNIX:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >>>
    >>> Supported Products List
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Define "supported" - does it actually use the full potential of the
    >> product.
    >> Or is it simply able to boot and not crash?

    >
    > These are video cards we're talking about here.
    >
    > What supposed obscure features is Linux supposedly falling down on?



    How about take full advantage of all the GPU cores and provide full
    acceleration?

    The ability to adjust the card/driver for speed vs quality. (With real-time
    preview.)

    Adjust system clocks, system voltages, system fans and memory timings of the
    video card without entering the BIOS or rebooting.

    Configure custom video settings (speed/quality/color-settings/contrast/etc).

    Have the video card/driver automatically use the correct custom settings
    based on the application being run.

    Allow the recording of bus speeds, temperatures, voltages, and profile
    changes in a log file that may be imported to a spreadsheet application for
    in-depth analysis.

    Monitor temperatures, voltages, and bus speeds of the video card.

    Configure so that fan speed is dynamically configured based on the
    temperature of the GPU.

    Configurable warnings and alerts.





    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  11. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "ZnU" wrote in message
    news:znu-961AE9.11144910062008@news.individual.net...
    > In article <63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com>,
    > "Lurky" wrote:
    >
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message
    >> news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    >> > In article , "Lurky"
    >> > wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old
    >> >> stuff ported over from UNIX:
    >> >>
    >> >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >> >
    >> > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    >> > discussion about application availability?

    >>
    >> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    >> because Linux has no software worth running?

    >
    > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made a decent
    > showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a market dominated by
    > commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why you think you're making any
    > useful point here.


    Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix workstations.
    It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  12. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article <73656$484eced7$12429@news.teranews.com>,
    "Lurky" wrote:

    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    > news:znu-961AE9.11144910062008@news.individual.net...
    > > In article <63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com>,
    > > "Lurky" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "ZnU" wrote in message
    > >> news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    > >> > In article , "Lurky"
    > >> > wrote:
    > >> >
    > >> >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old
    > >> >> stuff ported over from UNIX:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    > >> >
    > >> > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    > >> > discussion about application availability?
    > >>
    > >> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    > >> because Linux has no software worth running?

    > >
    > > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made a decent
    > > showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a market dominated by
    > > commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why you think you're making any
    > > useful point here.

    >
    > Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix workstations.
    > It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.


    They're probably architecturally similar, meaning that it's not much
    extra work for nVidia.

    In any case, bringing up hardware support when the subject was
    application support is entirely useless.

    --
    "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have." -McCain in April

    "I disagreed strongly with the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war
    in Iraq." -McCain in June

  13. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    ZnU wrote:

    >In article <73656$484eced7$12429@news.teranews.com>,
    > "Lurky" wrote:


    Stupid troll feeder.

    *plonk*


  14. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "ZnU" wrote in message
    news:znu-B22ED6.16093510062008@news.individual.net...
    > In article <73656$484eced7$12429@news.teranews.com>,
    > "Lurky" wrote:
    >
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message
    >> news:znu-961AE9.11144910062008@news.individual.net...
    >> > In article <63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com>,
    >> > "Lurky" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >> "ZnU" wrote in message
    >> >> news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    >> >> > In article , "Lurky"
    >> >> > wrote:
    >> >> >
    >> >> >> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old
    >> >> >> stuff ported over from UNIX:
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >> >> >
    >> >> > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    >> >> > discussion about application availability?
    >> >>
    >> >> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    >> >> because Linux has no software worth running?
    >> >
    >> > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made a
    >> > decent
    >> > showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a market dominated
    >> > by
    >> > commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why you think you're making any
    >> > useful point here.

    >>
    >> Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix
    >> workstations.
    >> It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.

    >
    > They're probably architecturally similar, meaning that it's not much
    > extra work for nVidia.


    IOW, you're just making that up and pretending you have a point.

    > In any case, bringing up hardware support when the subject was
    > application support is entirely useless.


    IOW, you believe hardware support is created for an operating system which
    has no applications to run.


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  15. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "Lurky" wrote in message
    > news:63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com...
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message
    >> news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    >>> In article ,
    >>> "Lurky" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old stuff
    >>>> ported
    >>>> over from UNIX:
    >>>>
    >>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >>> How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a discussion
    >>> about application availability?

    >> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    >> because Linux has no software worth running?

    >
    > I see. And because Pirelli tires fit on a Yugo must be indicative that
    > Pirelli thinks that Yugo's are great cars.


    http://www.itnews.com.au/News/77636,...-on-linux.aspx

    Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

    --












    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  16. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article , ZnU
    wrote:

    > > > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > > > Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited
    > > > > > > to old stuff ported over from UNIX:
    > > > > > > http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html


    > > > > > ZnU:
    > > > > > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    > > > > > discussion about application availability?


    > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux
    > > > > compatible because Linux has no software worth running?


    > > > ZnU:
    > > > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made
    > > > a decent showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a
    > > > market dominated by commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why
    > > > you think you're making any useful point here.


    > > Edwin:
    > > Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix
    > > workstations. It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.


    > ZnU:
    > They're probably architecturally similar, meaning that it's not much
    > extra work for nVidia. In any case, bringing up hardware support
    > when the subject was application support is entirely useless.


    You're "arguing" with Edwin again, just so you know. :P

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  17. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article ,
    Sandman wrote:

    > In article , ZnU
    > wrote:
    >
    > > > > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > > > > Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited
    > > > > > > > to old stuff ported over from UNIX:
    > > > > > > > http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html

    >
    > > > > > > ZnU:
    > > > > > > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    > > > > > > discussion about application availability?

    >
    > > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > > You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux
    > > > > > compatible because Linux has no software worth running?

    >
    > > > > ZnU:
    > > > > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux made
    > > > > a decent showing as a result of the fact that it used to be a
    > > > > market dominated by commercial Unix systems, I'm not sure why
    > > > > you think you're making any useful point here.

    >
    > > > Edwin:
    > > > Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix
    > > > workstations. It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.

    >
    > > ZnU:
    > > They're probably architecturally similar, meaning that it's not much
    > > extra work for nVidia. In any case, bringing up hardware support
    > > when the subject was application support is entirely useless.

    >
    > You're "arguing" with Edwin again, just so you know. :P


    Yeah, I figured that out on about the second exchange, but it's
    difficult to stop responding to the blatant nonsense once you start.

    --
    "No one has supported President Bush on Iraq more than I have." -McCain in April

    "I disagreed strongly with the Bush administration's mismanagement of the war
    in Iraq." -McCain in June

  18. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list

    In article , ZnU
    wrote:

    > > > > > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > > > > > Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't
    > > > > > > > > limited to old stuff ported over from UNIX:
    > > > > > > > > http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html


    > > > > > > > ZnU:
    > > > > > > > How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do
    > > > > > > > with a discussion about application availability?


    > > > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > > > You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux
    > > > > > > compatible because Linux has no software worth running?


    > > > > > ZnU:
    > > > > > Given that 3D was one of the areas where I mentioned Linux
    > > > > > made a decent showing as a result of the fact that it used
    > > > > > to be a market dominated by commercial Unix systems, I'm not
    > > > > > sure why you think you're making any useful point here.


    > > > > Edwin:
    > > > > Most of the stuff on that list is not for commercial 3D Unix
    > > > > workstations. It's regular consumer and home grade stuff.


    > > > ZnU:
    > > > They're probably architecturally similar, meaning that it's not
    > > > much extra work for nVidia. In any case, bringing up hardware
    > > > support when the subject was application support is entirely
    > > > useless.


    > > Sandman:
    > > You're "arguing" with Edwin again, just so you know. :P


    > ZnU:
    > Yeah, I figured that out on about the second exchange, but it's
    > difficult to stop responding to the blatant nonsense once you start.


    Indeed

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  19. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "ZnU" wrote in message
    news:znu-82320C.02043011062008@news.individual.net...
    > In article ,
    > Sandman wrote:
    >
    > Yeah, I figured that out on about the second exchange, but it's
    > difficult to stop responding to the blatant nonsense once you start.


    What's blatant nonsense in anything I wrote?

    You're just looking for a dodge, and Dave/Alan/Sandman handed it to you.


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  20. Re: For ZnU, nVidia Linux product compatibility list


    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:zt-dnRNGOtijMtLVnZ2dnUVZ_rLinZ2d@supernews.com...
    > On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:47:58 -0500, Lurky wrote:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> "Lurky" wrote in message
    >>> news:63749$484dcb65$24460@news.teranews.com...
    >>>> "ZnU" wrote in message
    >>>> news:znu-617021.19445909062008@news.individual.net...
    >>>>> In article , "Lurky"
    >>>>> wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Here's something to help ZnU realize Linux isn't limited to old
    >>>>>> stuff ported
    >>>>>> over from UNIX:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
    >>>>> How does a list of graphics cards have anything to do with a
    >>>>> discussion about application availability?
    >>>> You believe nVidia bothered to make all those cards Linux compatible
    >>>> because Linux has no software worth running?
    >>>
    >>> I see. And because Pirelli tires fit on a Yugo must be indicative that
    >>> Pirelli thinks that Yugo's are great cars.

    >>
    >> http://www.itnews.com.au/News/77636,...-on-linux.aspx
    >>
    >> Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

    >
    > Why don't you suck on your pipe in CSMA?


    What's you're problem, Rick? Why does Linux advocacy make you angry?


    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast