[News] Eee PC's Big Impact on Industry - Linux

  1. [News] Eee PC's Big Impact on Industry

  2. Re: [News] Eee PC's Big Impact on Industry

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > The impact of the Eee PC
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | It is fair to say that, for a product that seemed a perfectly logical,
    > hardly
    > | radical extension of the portable computer sector, the Eee PC has
    > nonetheless
    > | shaken up the entire market. What's more, it's done so for a variety of
    > | reasons.
    > |
    > | On one hand, its sheer affordability has enticed it to those who
    > previously
    > | couldn't afford a laptop, or those who were looking for a second machine
    > | keep around. Then there's its portability, which has endeared it to the
    > | business traveller who has to lug their machine around everywhere with
    > them.
    > | If you can put up with the cramped keyboard, then the weight saving
    > alone has
    > | to be admired. There's also its sheer overall size, which has pretty
    > much
    > | managed to redefine what you'd expect of a truly ultra-portable laptop
    > | machine.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www2.itpro.co.uk/195366/the-impact-of-the-eee-pc
    >
    > How to Pick a Good Gift for a Geeky Dad
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | What better way to fire up the Li[n]ux blog troops than to give them a
    > good
    > | standards battle to opine on? Once they calm down, though, they'll get
    > back
    > | to business, such as helping each other figure out how to create
    > software
    > | products without going crazy.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Ho...Dad-63316.html
    >

    > Related:
    >
    > Microsoft can't even give it away

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  3. Re: [News] Eee PC's Big Impact on Industry

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:48:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > The impact of the Eee PC
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]

    Then there's its portability, which has
    > endeared it to the | business traveller who has to lug their machine
    > around everywhere with them.

    I just did a job at a customer premises. I did not take my full sized
    Dell laptop. I took my Asus Eee. With it, I configured their entire
    network and tested out their DSL link (and discovered it is not
    performing even at 50% of advertised - I won't accept anything less than
    80%).

    One caveat, I didn't use the default Xandros. I used eeeXubuntu to do my
    work.

    A lot less weight than carrying around the big laptop even if the small
    screen is a tad inconvenient, but I'll manage.

  4. Re: [News] Eee PC's Big Impact on Industry

    fake chrisv wrote:
    > Your post is off-topic in this group

    So... a post about an ultra portable laptop which features linux as its
    default OS... IS OFF TOPIC HERE?

    HAhahahahahahahahaa haha haahhaha ha ha