[News] In Praise of Amarok on GNU/Linux - Linux

  1. [News] In Praise of Amarok on GNU/Linux

    What Makes Amarok the Most Popular Audio Player on Linux?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | This article lists 7 reasons for which I think this is the most loved audio
    | player. I preferred to leave out the more technical ones, and just focus on
    | the highlights.
    `----

    http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...lar-audio.html

    Amarok 1.4.9.1 Review - Probably the Last 1.x Release

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | With so many nice features, well implemented collection management system and
    | a unique audio experience, I must say Amarok is a top audio player for Linux.
    | It's a must-have-installed application for any audiophile using Linux.
    `----

    http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...y-last-1x.html

    Recent:

    Get your groove on with Amarok

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
    | no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
    | and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
    | gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
    | to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.
    `----

    Related:

    Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
    | room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
    `----

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...x/article.html

    Tech Preview 'Kutie' of Amarok 2

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Amarok's very own my-wolf-eats-bugs department reports the immediate
    | availability of the first Technology Preview of Amarok 2!
    `----

    http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/391

  2. Re: [News] In Praise of Amarok on GNU/Linux

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:36:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > What Makes Amarok the Most Popular Audio Player on Linux?

    It's the best of the worst?

    I prefer xmms or VLC because at least they work.

    Amarok is a bloated, buggy POS with a horrible UI.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread