[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In other words, Microsoft geared up to deal with the potential threat posed
    | by Web apps, and then at some point decided not to. Obviously, the potential
    | for Office-style Web services was mostly that — potential — rather than
    | reality in the late 1990s. So you could argue that Microsoft didn’t really
    | need to deal with it at the time. But just think about how much further along
    | that understanding curve the company would be now, instead of letting the
    | fear of cannibalization push it away. At some point, the company will have to
    | grab that nettle firmly, and it’s not going to get any easier — if anything,
    | it’s only going to get harder.
    `----

    http://seekingalpha.com/article/8036...ever-win-again

    Nightmare on Microsoft Street

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Google (GOOG) starts buying up a series of promising and innovative Web 2.0
    | companies that Microsoft (MSFT) is either partnered with or clearly is or
    | should be interested in.
    |
    | It starts with Digg, moves onto, say, Spot Runner and others (Meebo,
    | FriendFeed, iLike and even Slide?), focused especially in the online ad,
    | messaging, online apps and mobile spaces.
    |
    | And, just to stir up the pot, why not take a gander at some bigger Internet
    | fish? Facebook, for example. Or even eBay (EBAY), which is looking more and
    | more like acquisition bait to me.
    |
    | It could happen. Some of it will. And sooner rather than later, I would
    | guess.
    `----

    http://kara.allthingsd.com/20080608/...rosoft-street/

    Days ago:

    Windows Live Expo set to expire next month

    ,----[ Quote~ ]
    | Chalk one point up to Craigslist: Microsoft has decided to shut down Windows
    | Live Expo, the classifieds service that it originally launched in February
    | 2006.
    `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-99...=2547-1_3-0-20

    Recent:

    Microsoft Burns Down Book Search

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Citing poor demand, Microsoft will back away from scanning and indexing books
    | and academic works for Live Search
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...wn-book-search

    EFF: Microsoft betrayed MSN Music customers

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Electronic Frontier Foundation says that Microsoft has "betrayed" MSN
    | Music customers and wants the company to make things right by issuing an
    | apology, refunds, and eliminate digital rights management technology from the
    | Zune music player.
    `----

    Microsoft Closing Live Search Books and Academic Projects

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What do you think about Microsoft's move to end their Live Search Books and
    | Academic Projects?
    `----

    http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/080523-114536

    Microsoft continues paring back the Windows Live family

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But the future of services outside of the core Windows Live group seems
    | uncertain. I had been hearing talk for the past few months that Microsoft was
    | readying a new consumer service for public safety. The alleged service,
    | according to sources, was designed to help individuals locate friends and
    | family members during a crisis or catastrophe. (I heard Microsoft might be
    | eveloping a similar service aimed at enterprises, too.) Given that the
    | Windows Live team seems more focused on paring down than building out the
    | Live stable of services, I’m wondering whether this one will ever see the
    | light of day.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1426

    Related:

    Is Windows Live dying?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Over the last year, Microsoft's Windows Live service lineup has
    | grown exponentially. At one point months ago, it seemed clear
    | that every service Microsoft brought online would fall under the
    | Live brand, but lately the trend seems to be moving slowly in
    | the opposite direction. What's happening to Windows Live?
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/micr...2007/2/20/7154

    Windows Live Shopping no more - MSN Shopping to remain

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | From today Windows Live Shopping beta will be taken offline, with users
    | being sent to MSN Shopping, available at shopping.msn.com.
    `----

    http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/a...to-remain.aspx
    http://tinyurl.com/287gy6

    Sources: Several Windows Live Projects Halted

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft's Windows Live desktop search project has been
    | shelved "indefinitely," although not much reasoning has been
    | given as to the reason for its demise.
    `----

    http://www.betanews.com/article/Sour...ted/1163715423

    Microsoft Office Live migration is adding insult to injury

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On January 29, Microsoft posted to the Office Live blog a status update
    | re: the migration. The news isn't good.
    |
    | Office Live logoBeta testers are still potentially "months" away fromb
    | eing migrated to the final version of their Office Live services.
    | Functionality like backup and restore isn't going to work until
    | their accounts are migrated. And Microsoft will give testers only
    | a 24-hour heads-up when they are set to be migrated. During that
    | 24-hour period, users won't be able to make changes to their
    | Office Live sites.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=243

    Office Live: Better Off Dead?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last month I killed Office Live in an act of self defense, after
    | repeated access problems and attempts to move my domain to another
    | registrar. Judging from the comments to that post, there's an Office
    | Live killing spree going on. Not surprisingly, Microsoft wants to put
    | an end to the wanton killing.
    `----

    http://tinyurl.com/ybsz2o

    Microsoft profit on slide

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Some analysts are looking for any signs of improvement from
    | Microsoft's internet division, which continues to lose market
    | share in web search to Google.
    |
    | Microsoft's online services group saw revenue fall for the last
    | four quarters and posted a loss in the past three quarters while
    | it shifted to a new internet advertising platform and overhauled
    | the company's web properties.
    `----

    http://australianit.news.com.au/arti...nbv%5E,00.html

    Not all Microsoft 'Lives' are created equal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Is it time for a Microsoft-wide purge of the "Live" brand? If you look
    | at the myriad, incongruous ways that Microsoft is using "Live" across
    | its various product divisions, you might say yes.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=324

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  3. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    On Jun 8, 3:03 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    Many thanks for posting the truth about
    Muckrosoft, their crap software and their
    BIG promises and "innovations" which turn about
    to be vaporware, marketing and BIG talk.

    Meanwhile, newer companies like GOOGLE do the REAL innovation
    while Muckrosoft fumes, frets and prepares new releases
    of rehahses of older software repackaged as new.

    Google book search is a MAJOR innovation which
    has revolutionized searching and the book business
    and, as usual, Muckrosoft, late to the starting
    line as they were with Internet browsers is unable to
    catchup.

    Citizen Jimserac
    "Vapidsta" is a crap operating system
    from a crap company, just as we expected.

  4. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    On Jun 8, 3:58 pm, "chrisv" wrote:
    > "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in berichtnews:1887473.CNECv5G6IR@schestowitz.com...

    > > Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    > Your post is off-topic in this group, your violating
    > [comp.os.linux.advocacy] FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition IIIhttp://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >
    > * The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of
    > Microsoft and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have
    > been created.
    > * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.flame.ms-windows
    > * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hh.ii.pp.cc.rr.ii.mm.ee.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    > * alt.microsoft.sucks
    > * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    > * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    > * microsoft.sucks.
    > * sk.sux.microsoft
    > Fsck you arsehole troll
    > *PLONK*

    Who the hell appointed YOU overseer of Usenet.

    mode reboots.

    Citizen Jimserac

  5. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    Jimserac writes:

    > On Jun 8, 3:58 pm, "chrisv" wrote:
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in berichtnews:1887473.CNECv5G6IR@schestowitz.com...

    >> > Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    >> Your post is off-topic in this group, your violating
    >> [comp.os.linux.advocacy] FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition IIIhttp://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/
    >>
    >> * The trespasser has come to COLA in order to vent his dislike of
    >> Microsoft and/or Windows. For that purpose several newsgroups have
    >> been created.
    >> * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.flame.ms-windows
    >> * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.hh.ii.pp.cc.rr.ii.mm.ee.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    >> * alt.microsoft.sucks
    >> * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    >> * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    >> * microsoft.sucks.
    >> * sk.sux.microsoft
    >> Fsck you arsehole troll
    >> *PLONK*

    > Who the hell appointed YOU overseer of Usenet.

    > mode reboots.
    >
    > Citizen Jimserac

    "chrisv" is a known idiot. Most people have him *plonked* (as he would say).

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

  6. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    ____/ Jimserac on Monday 09 June 2008 12:42 : \____

    > On Jun 8, 3:03 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    > Many thanks for posting the truth about
    > Muckrosoft, their crap software and their
    > BIG promises and "innovations" which turn about
    > to be vaporware, marketing and BIG talk.
    >
    > Meanwhile, newer companies like GOOGLE do the REAL innovation
    > while Muckrosoft fumes, frets and prepares new releases
    > of rehahses of older software repackaged as new.
    >
    > Google book search is a MAJOR innovation which
    > has revolutionized searching and the book business
    > and, as usual, Muckrosoft, late to the starting
    > line as they were with Internet browsers is unable to
    > catchup.
    >
    > Citizen Jimserac
    > "Vapidsta" is a crap operating system
    > from a crap company, just as we expected.

    A lot of what Google does is copycat at a large scale too (take healthcare
    products for example), but it helps wipe off the dangerous cult [1] that
    always schemes to imprison PC users.

    _
    [1] http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...71023002351958

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
    20:05:02 up 55 days, 18:17, 5 users, load average: 0.97, 2.53, 2.75

  7. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:13:00 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > A lot of what Google does is copycat at a large scale too (take healthcare
    > products for example), but it helps wipe off the dangerous cult [1] that
    > always schemes to imprison PC users.

    You must be speaking of Linux which *imprisons* a person's time.
    Nothing can suck up free time like trying to make Linux work.
    Some people spend weeks at it before they finally give up and go back to
    windows.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: [Rival] Microsoft is Losing Against Google, Can't Win Anymore

    "Jimserac" schreef in bericht
    > On Jun 8, 3:03 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >> Why Microsoft Will Never Win (Again)

    > Many thanks for posting the truth about
    > Muckrosoft,

    been created.