Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux

This is a discussion on Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux ; On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:58:13 -0400, leebossa wrote: > he should have just pleaded guilty...he was never going to be acquitted. > He could have gotten parole at some point and helped find the > body....what a prick. His ...

  1. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:58:13 -0400, leebossa wrote:

    > he should have just pleaded guilty...he was never going to be acquitted.
    > He could have gotten parole at some point and helped find the
    > body....what a prick.

    His lawyer should have resigned because it seems that he lost control of
    the case, ieutting Reiser on the stand.
    When you have an oddball client, guilty or not, putting him on the stand is
    a major mistake.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Hadron wrote:
    >> You snotty fscking asshole, Quack. What he wrote above is not a lie.
    >> It is a valid opinion.

    > It is not a valid opinion. It is a lie. He has no proof. There is no
    > proof. QED.

    June 2004.
    condesending irritating ****ty attitude from the start.
    First thread he posted more than a link to, he resorted to insults.
    What a surprise, eh?
    That's only as far back as google groups goes mind, if he'd been
    X-No-Archiving before then, his posts have been lost to the ether.

    Unless someone keeps an alternative archive.

    >> You're a piece of crap, Quack.

    > And you're waste of Oxygen.

    Hah! What use are you?
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  3. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> You snotty fscking asshole, Quack. What he wrote above is not a lie.
    >>> It is a valid opinion.

    >> It is not a valid opinion. It is a lie. He has no proof. There is no
    >> proof. QED.

    > June 2004.
    > condesending irritating ****ty attitude from the start.

    Hahaha... Reading the thread...
    Oh my, dfs was as dumb then as he is now...
    In fact... He's WORSE now, because he's still using the same arguments as he
    was back then, over 4 years ago! Even though they've been stomped on
    countless times!

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Jun 8, 11:15*am, "tiny dancer"
    wrote:
> [...]

    > > "The only real leverage he has is if he can provide a body," the source
    > > said.
    > > "He really doesn't have any options left. Even if he won a retrial
    > > somehow,
    > > he'd likely be convicted."

    > > Reiser, 44, was convicted by an Alameda County Superior Court jury of
    > > killing
    > > his wife, who was last seen at his Oakland hills house on Sept. 3, 2006.
    > > She
    > > dropped off the divorcing couple's two kids to stay with their father for
    > > part
    > > of the Labor Day weekend.

    > > During his 11 appearances on the witness stand, the defendant claimed his
    > > 31-year-old wife abandoned the estranged couple's two young children and
    > > moved
    > > back to Russia.

    > > The couple met there in 1998, when he was overseas hiring programmers for
    > > his
    > > Namesys software company that produced the ReiserFS filesystem. He
    > > testified
    > > that, before she vanished, he accused her of bilking the company out of
    > > tens
    > > of thousands of dollars.

    > > The deal, as it stands in its early stages, would be off if an autopsy of
    > > the
    > > body somehow demonstrated that it was first-degree, premeditated murder
    > > with,
    > > for example, "two bullet holes to the back of the head."

    > > The source also cautioned that it remains to be seen whether Reiser would
    > > follow through with the proposal.

    > > Reiser remains jailed without bail. His sentencing is scheduled for July
    > > 9.

    > > "There are ongoing discussions," the source said.

    > > Reiser stands a greater chance of seeing the light of day under a
    > > second-degree conviction. He would be eligible for parole in 15 years and
    > > would stand a better chance at receiving it if he disclosed a body.

    > > Under California law, the governor possesses the power to veto a parole
    > > board's decision. Denying culpability is a strong mark against winning
    > > parole.

    > > Before trial began in November, Reiser declined a deal with prosecutors in
    > > which he would have received an 11-year term in exchange to pleading
    > > guilty to
    > > manslaughter and disclosing the location of Nina Reiser's body.

    > > On a side note, for Reiser to disclose the body might bring some element
    > > of
    > > closure to his two children, a boy now 8 and a girl 6. They live with
    > > Nina's
    > > parents in St. Petersburg, Russia.

    > > The boy, in letters to his father last year, asked his dad why he "hid"
    > > his
    > > mother.

    > Thanks for finding this. *I'd heard there were talks in the works, it was
    > mentioned at the end of a program I saw last week on this case.

    Any updates?

  5. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >Hadron wrote:
    >>>
    >>> You snotty fscking asshole, Quack. What he wrote above is not a lie.
    >>> It is a valid opinion.

    >> It is not a valid opinion. It is a lie. He has no proof. There is no
    >> proof. QED.

    You stupid POS. You cannot prove the reverse, either.

    Whether you or I or DFS are more "insulting" IS an opinion, fsckwit.

    You claiming that Andrew lied about this shows, ironically, what a
    dishonest fsck you are, Quack.

  6. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "bessie" wrote in message
    On Jun 8, 11:15 am, "tiny dancer"
    wrote:
> [...]

    > > parole.

    > > Before trial began in November, Reiser declined a deal with prosecutors
    > > in
    > > which he would have received an 11-year term in exchange to pleading
    > > guilty to
    > > manslaughter and disclosing the location of Nina Reiser's body.

    > > On a side note, for Reiser to disclose the body might bring some element
    > > of
    > > closure to his two children, a boy now 8 and a girl 6. They live with
    > > Nina's
    > > parents in St. Petersburg, Russia.

    > > The boy, in letters to his father last year, asked his dad why he "hid"
    > > his
    > > mother.

    > Thanks for finding this. I'd heard there were talks in the works, it was
    > mentioned at the end of a program I saw last week on this case.

    Any updates?

    Nothing new, really. Just that a deal is in the works.

  7. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    >Hadron puked:
    >>>
    >>> You snotty fscking asshole, Quack. What he wrote above is not a lie.
    >>> It is a valid opinion.

    >> It is not a valid opinion. It is a lie. He has no proof. There is no
    >> proof. QED.

    Gads, this Quack asshole is a piece of work. He makes the claim, with
    no proof, that I am more insulting than the POS DFS, and calls anyone
    who disagrees a liar, claiming that it is up to the OTHER person to
    prove Quack's initial claim to be wrong!

    And this is coming from someone with ZERO credibility, the shameless,
    documented liar Hadron Quack! Amazing!

    There is no question. Who is "more insulting" IS an opinion. My
    liberal use of "curse words" to (accurately) describe filthy
    ****headed assholes like Quack and DFS does NOT automatically make me
    "more insulting" than they are. In my opinion, it is FAR more
    "insulting" when filthy ****headed assholes like them attack good,
    honest people with their dishonest, fsckwitted, clearly wrong and
    immoral arguments.

  8. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    In article ,
    "tiny dancer" wrote:

> [...]

    > > > in
    > > > which he would have received an 11-year term in exchange to pleading
    > > > guilty to
    > > > manslaughter and disclosing the location of Nina Reiser's body.

    > > > On a side note, for Reiser to disclose the body might bring some element
    > > > of
    > > > closure to his two children, a boy now 8 and a girl 6. They live with
    > > > Nina's
    > > > parents in St. Petersburg, Russia.

    > > > The boy, in letters to his father last year, asked his dad why he "hid"
    > > > his
    > > > mother.

    > > Thanks for finding this. I'd heard there were talks in the works, it was
    > > mentioned at the end of a program I saw last week on this case.
    > >
    > > td- Hide quoted text -

    > Any updates?
    >

    > Nothing new, really. Just that a deal is in the works.

    Cynically on my part, Reiser shouldn't offer the location of the
    body, but rather continue with his defense that he has nothing to do
    with her disappearance/murder. It would be better for his appeal in the
    later years, when the appeal will be about his conviction and trial
    procedure, not his confession of where the body is located. Once he
    tells the authorities the location, he will really have no chance to
    have a successful appeal or a reversal of his conviction.

    However, as a father of two young children, who killed their mother,
    he has an obligation to tell the authorities where the body is located
    to bring some closure, and a place where they can mourn.

  9. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    chrisv wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> As you know, I rarely - almost never - curse.

    > You're still a POS.

    Rather a POS than a boring, talentless, foul-mouthed child that posts
    'plonk' 1000+ times and is too mentally slow to contribute to the Linux
    discussion.

  10. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Bo Raxo" writes:
    >
    >> "Hadron" wrote in message

    >>> That has to be the most ridiculous thing ever. A funeral is not a
    >>> funeral without the corpse - and a funeral is one of the best things for
    >>> closure.
    >>>

    >> They have plenty of memorial services where there are no remains. The

    > Obviously. Duh.

    Duh.

    >> grieving process really doesn't require a pile of bones in order to
    >> work.

    > Wrong.

    HE is correct. The grieving process doesn't necessarily require a pile
    of bones in order to work. You should do some reading on it (denial,
    anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance).

    >> Are you too stupid to grasp that? You think if someone is, say, lost
    >> at

    > You are wrong. A body is *very* important.

    It is important, but not necessarily required for the grieving process
    to proceed and resolve.

    >> sea, the family doesn't have a funeral? Can't find emotional closure?

    > Not as "closed" as with a body you insensitive moron.

    That very much depends on the person grieving.

    >> Or the reverse - you think every family that does have a corpse to bury does
    >> find closure?
    >>
    >> Bwaa haaa haa, you really are a simple minded thing, aren't ya?

    > I'm astonished. You have found a new level of insensitive, selfish
    > thinking that I thought could not exist in the case of such a subject.

    You might want to take some classes on the grieving process.

  11. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    William Poaster wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> William Poaster wrote:

    >>> It's none of Quack's business, of course. Except trolls don't like
    >>> being ignored, it's part of their narcistic character, & Quack is no
    >>> exception.

    >> That is why he has such an obsession with your filtering system.

    > Probably. Other characteristics of someone like Quack with Narcissistic
    > Personality Disorder, are:
    >
    > Jealous of others. Notice how Quack refers to Andrew's sig every so
    > often?
    >
    > Exaggerating achievements or talents. Recall his CERN sig, which
    > quickly changed to IBM then later dropped?
    >
    > Believing that they're better than others, & they're special. Posters in
    > aolu called him arrogant & obnoxious (I have references).
    >
    > Expressing disdain for those they feel are inferior Ever noticed the
    > troll post "Silly little man" or use a similar expression?
    >
    > Seriously, the signs are ALL there of someone with NPD.

    Yes, he demonstrates all of those. He'll say something like, "You need to
    get a life, High Plains Hypocrite." He can't even respect people's names
    or nyms. Yet he is the one full of hypocrisy, like a half stacked deck
    with missing cards, unfortunately the high point ones. Supports known
    anti-Linux trolls during their deepest hour of posting, when an advocate
    outwits them (it doesn't take much with the facts, which they deny).

    >> It is thorough enough that one cannot hear his screaming like a little
    >> girl through it.

    > AFAIC the troll is in a soundproof room. :-)

    Where he belongs.

    --
    HPT

  12. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On 2008-06-10, comadrejo wrote:

    > Cynically on my part, Reiser shouldn't offer the location of the
    > body, but rather continue with his defense that he has nothing to do
    > with her disappearance/murder. It would be better for his appeal in the
    > later years, when the appeal will be about his conviction and trial
    > procedure, not his confession of where the body is located. Once he
    > tells the authorities the location, he will really have no chance to
    > have a successful appeal or a reversal of his conviction.
    >
    > However, as a father of two young children, who killed their mother,
    > he has an obligation to tell the authorities where the body is located
    > to bring some closure, and a place where they can mourn.

    Maybe her body needs to be defragged....

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  13. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "Bo Raxo" wrote in message
    news:vOednR_mLoniPtHVnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@comcast.com. ..

    > "Michael Snyder" wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Hadron" wrote in message

    > >> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > > Shroedinger's Cat. If no one observed the alleged
    > > crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".
    > >

    > The standards of legal proof and a proof in the sciences are vastly
    > different things that happen to share a word: trying to draw a parallel

    is
    > ridiculous.

    Climb down, son -- Shroedinger's Cat is not about proof.
    It is about the cat's state of deadness / not-deadness, and it
    is about MORE than simply whether the cat is KNOWN to
    be dead or alive.

    > In the legal world, his conviction establishes as a fact that he killed
    > Nina.

    Nonsense. Conviction establishes his state of legal guilt, it does
    NOT establish anything about whether or not he actually did the deed.

  14. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > "Michael Snyder" writes:
    >
    > > "Hadron" wrote in message

    > >> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > > Shroedinger's Cat. If no one observed the alleged
    > > crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".

    > If you are not sure he is guilty then he MUST be not guilty. Guilt must
    > be proven. "Proven" can be done in many ways. As it was done in this
    > case. Lack of body did not, as some COLA advocates like Rick and Kelsey
    > said, make hime "not guilty". It really is that simple.

    Hadron is actually a boson, isn't he?

  15. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    On Jun 11, 12:31*am, "Michael Snyder" wrote:
    > "Bo Raxo" wrote in message
    >
    > news:vOednR_mLoniPtHVnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >

    > > "Michael Snyder" wrote in message

    > > > "Hadron" wrote in message

    > > > Shroedinger's Cat. *If no one observed the alleged
    > > > crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".

    > > The standards of legal proof and a proof in the sciences are vastly
    > > different things that happen to share a word: *trying to draw a parallel

    > is
    > > ridiculous.

    > Climb down, son -- Shroedinger's Cat is not about proof.
    > It is about the cat's state of deadness / not-deadness, and it
    > is about MORE than simply whether the cat is KNOWN to
    > be dead or alive.
    >
    > > In the legal world, his conviction establishes as a fact that he killed
    > > Nina.

    > Nonsense. *Conviction establishes his state of legal guilt, it does
    > NOT establish anything about whether or not he actually did the deed.- Hide quoted text -

    I agree. Whether one is found guilty or not guilty at trial does not
    mean that one did or did not commit the crime. There are plenty of
    innocent people in jails because they have been found guilty by a
    jury. And, there are people who are not in jail despite the fact that
    they committed crimes and were acquitted.
    yD

  16. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> And, AGAIN, from statements, it seems many people voted to convict Reiser,
    >> not from the evidence, but because they didn't like him after his
    >> testimony.

    > The jury found him guilty because of the evidence, testimony and facts of
    > the case. You can't simply conclude that they found him guilty "because they
    > didn't like his testimonty" as if that was the only reason. It may have been
    > part of the reason they found him guilty but it certainly was not the only
    > reason.

    I can conclude anything I want. And I came to my conclusions after
    hearing their statements.

    >> So... is he guilty? I do not know. Did he do it? I do not know. If he did,
    >> and it was premeditated, IMO, he should die.

    > You still don't know if he was guilty or not?

    No, I don't. I know that he was found guitly by a jury.

    > So Hans Reiser offering to
    > show the police where the dead body is hidden in return for a lesser
    > sentence isn't enough proof.

    Maybe he knows where the body is because he saw where it was put.
    Doubtful, but possible.

    > Perhaps you think that the location of the body
    > that he was found guilty of murdering came to him in a dream or something.

    Perhaps you're a dumbass.

  17. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>> You snotty fscking asshole, Quack. What he wrote above is not a lie.
    >>> It is a valid opinion.

    >> It is not a valid opinion. It is a lie. He has no proof. There is no
    >> proof. QED.

    > June 2004.
    > condesending irritating ****ty attitude from the start.
    > First thread he posted more than a link to, he resorted to insults.
    > What a surprise, eh?
    > That's only as far back as google groups goes mind, if he'd been
    > X-No-Archiving before then, his posts have been lost to the ether.
    >
    > Unless someone keeps an alternative archive.
    >
    >>> You're a piece of crap, Quack.

    >> And you're waste of Oxygen.

    > Hah! What use are you?

    For a man who flaunts his degree you sure know how to belittle yourself
    with every post,

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

  18. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "DFS" writes:

    > chrisv wrote:

    >> You're still a POS.

    > Rather a POS than a boring, talentless, foul-mouthed child that posts
    > 'plonk' 1000+ times and is too mentally slow to contribute to the Linux
    > discussion.

    According to "I have a degree" Andrew Halliwell, you are more potty
    mouthed and worthless than the "original chrisv"!

    *chuckle*

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user
    interface to a program is the most important part for a commercial
    company..." Linus Torvalds

  19. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Michael Snyder wrote:
    >> In the legal world, his conviction establishes as a fact that he killed
    >> Nina.

    > Nonsense. Conviction establishes his state of legal guilt, it does
    > NOT establish anything about whether or not he actually did the deed.

    Indeed... What would've happened if she'd turned up 5 years down the line
    working as a waitress suffering from amnesia?

    Or her body had been found and then someone else had been killed using
    exactly the same methods while he was in prison.

    Legal guilt has little to do with whether you actually did it.
    That's why the death penalty is wrong and why so many people who HAVE been
    imprisoned get their sentences quashed every year when the real culprit is
    captured.

  20. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body