Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux

This is a discussion on Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux ; "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message news:1i1luhrwjn5y4$.6brxgx34d1ju.dlg@40tude.net... > On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:01:04 -0400, tiny dancer wrote: > >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message >> news:rc7ney37idn6.nci966k71hf1$.dlg@40tude.net... >>> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote: >>> >>>> "Moshe ...

  1. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:01:04 -0400, tiny dancer wrote:
    >
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is
    >>> located
    >>> is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of
    >>> closure.

    >> That is true. I remember when our beloved dog died. My husband and I
    >> were
    >> devastated. We cried and cried, our hearts broken. When the vets office
    >> called to say they had her ashes back, so we could pick them up, I sent
    >> one
    >> of our daughters to get them for us, because I didn't think either of us
    >> could go to get them. I thought we would break down. But it was
    >> different,
    >> once we had her back with us we felt as though she was back where she
    >> belonged, home with us again. We both felt some sense of relief and the
    >> knowledge we knew where she was now. Not the same, I know. But if we
    >> could
    >> be that griefstricken over our dog and her whereabouts, those poor
    >> children
    >> not knowing where their mother is, is very tragic.
    >>

    >> td

    > I'm sorry for your loss and having lost a dear cat last year I know how
    > you
    > feel.
    > The vet gave us back our Lacey in a nice little box shaped like a coffin
    > with a card attached etc.
    >
    > We buried her and yes, I know this sounds silly, but it was very important
    > to me to know and to say goodbye even if she was already dead.
    >
    > Like I said to Bo, the WTC attack is a prime example of this.
    > I lost several friends in that attack and I know for a fact the familes
    > anguished for months waiting for word that their loved ones, or parts of
    > their loved ones, were found.
    > In one case it was a single bone.

    Thank you, and I too am sorry for your loss. I totally agree with you,
    unless you have lost *someone* who has meant so much to you, it is hard to
    explain. We didn't realize exactly how deep our feelings of emptiness were,
    until we had her back home again. Neither of us has wanted to bury her
    ashes, we want them in the house with us. Our vet gave us a framed copy of
    the Rainbow Bridge poem. We keep her ashes in a place of prominance in our
    home.

    I don't think Reiser should get less time for giving up the body, but I can
    certainly understand these poor children wanting to know where their momma
    is. They have lost everything. I think he should rot in prison, never get
    out. But to Bo, don't demean a persons need to know where their loved one
    is. It is a basic need. To have them back with you again.

    td

  2. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:31:24 -0400, tiny dancer wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:01:04 -0400, tiny dancer wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> That is true. I remember when our beloved dog died. My husband and I
    >>> were
    >>> devastated. We cried and cried, our hearts broken. When the vets office
    >>> called to say they had her ashes back, so we could pick them up, I sent
    >>> one
    >>> of our daughters to get them for us, because I didn't think either of us
    >>> could go to get them. I thought we would break down. But it was
    >>> different,
    >>> once we had her back with us we felt as though she was back where she
    >>> belonged, home with us again. We both felt some sense of relief and the
    >>> knowledge we knew where she was now. Not the same, I know. But if we
    >>> could
    >>> be that griefstricken over our dog and her whereabouts, those poor
    >>> children
    >>> not knowing where their mother is, is very tragic.
    >>>

    >>> td

    >> I'm sorry for your loss and having lost a dear cat last year I know how
    >> you
    >> feel.
    >> The vet gave us back our Lacey in a nice little box shaped like a coffin
    >> with a card attached etc.
    >>
    >> We buried her and yes, I know this sounds silly, but it was very important
    >> to me to know and to say goodbye even if she was already dead.
    >>
    >> Like I said to Bo, the WTC attack is a prime example of this.
    >> I lost several friends in that attack and I know for a fact the familes
    >> anguished for months waiting for word that their loved ones, or parts of
    >> their loved ones, were found.
    >> In one case it was a single bone.

    > Thank you, and I too am sorry for your loss. I totally agree with you,
    > unless you have lost *someone* who has meant so much to you, it is hard to
    > explain. We didn't realize exactly how deep our feelings of emptiness were,
    > until we had her back home again. Neither of us has wanted to bury her
    > ashes, we want them in the house with us. Our vet gave us a framed copy of
    > the Rainbow Bridge poem. We keep her ashes in a place of prominance in our
    > home.
    >
    > I don't think Reiser should get less time for giving up the body, but I can
    > certainly understand these poor children wanting to know where their momma
    > is. They have lost everything. I think he should rot in prison, never get
    > out. But to Bo, don't demean a persons need to know where their loved one
    > is. It is a basic need. To have them back with you again.
    >

    > td

    The card we got had the Rainbow Ridge poem as well.

    I don't think Reiser should get less time, but maybe a perk or two in
    prison for giving up the location.

    Nobody wins in situations like this.

    All the best to you!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> **** you, you lying bitch.

    >> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    > ... and you are a lying POS, too.

    Again, where's the lie? There is none, and you know it - and that makes
    YOU a liar.

    > I criticized the jury. That's it.

    For doing their job?

    For putting a murderer behind bars?

    For wasting months of their lives listening to lies and idiocy and
    disrespectful testimony by the Linux developer scum and his dirtbag
    attorney?

    For the correct, unanimous verdict of guilty of the charge of 1st degree
    murder?

    You're an idiot and an asshole, (p)Rick. You've been an idiot and an
    asshole from your first stupid cola post to your latest, and everywhere
    in between.

  4. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    > On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:31:24 -0400, tiny dancer wrote:
    >
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> I'm sorry for your loss and having lost a dear cat last year I know how
    >>> you
    >>> feel.
    >>> The vet gave us back our Lacey in a nice little box shaped like a coffin
    >>> with a card attached etc.
    >>>
    >>> We buried her and yes, I know this sounds silly, but it was very
    >>> important
    >>> to me to know and to say goodbye even if she was already dead.
    >>>
    >>> Like I said to Bo, the WTC attack is a prime example of this.
    >>> I lost several friends in that attack and I know for a fact the familes
    >>> anguished for months waiting for word that their loved ones, or parts of
    >>> their loved ones, were found.
    >>> In one case it was a single bone.

    >> Thank you, and I too am sorry for your loss. I totally agree with you,
    >> unless you have lost *someone* who has meant so much to you, it is hard
    >> explain. We didn't realize exactly how deep our feelings of emptiness
    >> were,
    >> until we had her back home again. Neither of us has wanted to bury her
    >> ashes, we want them in the house with us. Our vet gave us a framed copy
    >> of
    >> the Rainbow Bridge poem. We keep her ashes in a place of prominance in
    >> our
    >> home.
    >>
    >> I don't think Reiser should get less time for giving up the body, but I
    >> can
    >> certainly understand these poor children wanting to know where their
    >> momma
    >> is. They have lost everything. I think he should rot in prison, never
    >> get
    >> out. But to Bo, don't demean a persons need to know where their loved
    >> one
    >> is. It is a basic need. To have them back with you again.
    >>

    >> td

    > The card we got had the Rainbow Ridge poem as well.
    >
    > I don't think Reiser should get less time, but maybe a perk or two in
    > prison for giving up the location.
    >
    > Nobody wins in situations like this.
    >
    > All the best to you!

    Thank you, and to you too. We've rescued a couple more dogs, and we love
    them, but they don't in any way take the place of our girl. She will always
    hold a special place in our hearts, as I'm sure these will also.

    best,

    td

  5. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    In article ,
    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > >> It's known as closure for the victims family.

    > > Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    > > help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    > > flow from a pile of bones.

    > Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    > is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of closure.

    Also, it confirms that they ARE dead, rather than just PRESUMED dead.
    That too is a big part.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  6. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 22:33:43 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    >>> help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    >>> flow from a pile of bones.

    >> Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    >> is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of closure.

    > Also, it confirms that they ARE dead, rather than just PRESUMED dead.
    > That too is a big part.

    Absolutely true.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On 2008-06-08, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is
    >>> not guilty. Only in COLA.

    >> I have not seen anyone in COLA assuring anyone he is not
    >> guilty.

    > Oh, Hadron is performing another demonstration that he is here to
    > troll and flame bait.
    >
    > I've used the Reiser disk format before, worked fine. Currently
    > am using Ext3 as it is more standardised. I don't know why
    > Hadron would associate some advocates using the Reiser disk
    > format as reflections of supporting a crime that was committed.

    Yep, if you drive a Volkswagen, you must be a Nazi.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  8. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    alt writes:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS vomited some crap he ate earlier
    > out of his toilet...
    >
    > How'd you get out of the idiot box?
    >
    > *plonk*

    How come COLA "advocates" seem unable to use killfiles properly (most
    use adaptive scoring without realising it) and then insist on telling
    the world about their own ignorance? Strange behaviour indeed.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  9. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Bo Raxo" writes:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:16:38 +0000 (UTC), Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> The victim's family, strangely enough.
    >>>
    >>> --bks

    >> It's known as closure for the victims family.

    > Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    > help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    > flow from a pile of bones.

    That has to be the most ridiculous thing ever. A funeral is not a
    funeral without the corpse - and a funeral is one of the best things for
    closure.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  10. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:14:56 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >>> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >>> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    >> ... and you are a lying POS, too. I criticized the jury. That's it.

    > Yea, for rendering a guilty verdict........

    One has to wonder at Rick. One really does. Here he admits to assuring
    us Hand was not guilty and .... Oh. What's the use. He'll start flip
    flopping again.

    --
    - "Actually XP *is* getting press, but most of it is along the lines of
    "we're going to wait and see", in other words not very good."

  11. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "Michael Snyder" writes:

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >> > You expect anything from an ignoramous like hadron?

    >> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > Shroedinger's Cat. If no one observed the alleged
    > crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".

    If you are not sure he is guilty then he MUST be not guilty. Guilt must
    be proven. "Proven" can be done in many ways. As it was done in this
    case. Lack of body did not, as some COLA advocates like Rick and Kelsey
    said, make hime "not guilty". It really is that simple.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  12. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    >"Hadron" lied:
    >>
    >> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is not
    >> guilty.

    Another bald-faced lie from Quack. Documented.

    No one has "assured" anything of the kind.

    You sure a nasty little ****, Quack.

  13. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    >"Hadron" quacked:
    >>
    >> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    Regarding Quack, there are two states: Asshole or fsckwit.

  14. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    alt wrote:
    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:30:18 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >>> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is not
    >>> guilty. Only in COLA.

    >> I have not seen anyone in COLA assuring anyone he is not guilty.

    > I do believe I have stated that he should be given the benefit of the
    > doubt, as is his right.

    He was given the benefit of the doubt, until a few minutes listening to him
    lie removed all doubt.

  15. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    chrisv wrote:
    >> "Hadron" quacked:
    >>>
    >>> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > Regarding Quack, there are two states: Asshole or fsckwit.

    You're like a raging kindergartener brat with ADD who wandered out of the
    schoolyard after learning his first cursewords.

  16. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    chrisv wrote:
    >>"Hadron" quacked:
    >>>
    >>> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > Regarding Quack, there are two states: Asshole or fsckwit.

    So... not mutex then...
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  17. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    DFS wrote:
    > chrisv wrote:
    >>> "Hadron" quacked:

    >> Regarding Quack, there are two states: Asshole or fsckwit.

    > You're like a raging kindergartener brat with ADD who wandered out of the
    > schoolyard after learning his first cursewords.

    And what makes you any different?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  18. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    chrisv writes:

    >>"Hadron" lied:
    >>>
    >>> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is not
    >>> guilty.

    > Another bald-faced lie from Quack. Documented.
    >
    > No one has "assured" anything of the kind.
    >
    > You sure a nasty little ****, Quack.

    Wrong. We were old by COLA advocates that without a body he could not be
    found guilty. Therefore he must be innocent. Are you really as thick as
    you appear?

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  19. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > DFS wrote:

    >>> Regarding Quack, there are two states: Asshole or fsckwit.

    >> You're like a raging kindergartener brat with ADD who wandered out of the
    >> schoolyard after learning his first cursewords.

    > And what makes you any different?

    Err, I know you're a bit slow degree boy, but how about the fact that
    DFS does not swear and curse all the time and show off about his
    killfile? Sounds different enough to me. Does it not to you? Can you
    find one post where the "real chrisv" posts any Linux advocacy? All he
    does is spew filth.

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  20. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Hadron wrote:
    > Err, I know you're a bit slow degree boy,

    Awww, sweeet.,.
    Hadron's STILL jealous. Get over it, it makes you look even more pathetic
    than you actually are.

    > but how about the fact that DFS does not swear and curse all the time and
    > show off about his killfile?

    Big deal, he's been an insulting little **** since his very first appearance
    here. Irrespective of curse words, he's been more "playground insulty" than
    anyone else here, including you.

    And if someone wants to flaunt his killfile in an effort to help others
    filter out the lamers, what business is it of yours?