Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux

This is a discussion on Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Linux ; DFS writes: > Rick wrote: >> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:59:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote: >> >>> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:21:04 +0200, Hadron wrote: > >>>> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is not >>>> ...

  1. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    DFS writes:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Rick and Spamowitz must be devastated.

    >> **** you, you lying bitch.

    > What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    > Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    > you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    Sounds about right. Whenever caught out being a mincing little lackey,
    Rick always starts swearing and spitting. Andrew Halliwell and Gregory
    Shearman do it too - but not as good as brillo pad bonce and object of
    Marti's desire, Tattoo Vampire.

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  2. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> **** you, you lying bitch.

    >> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    > Rick doesn't like to be proved wrong with facts.
    > It gets him all wound up.
    >
    > I will say this, that if I ever kill anyone, which is highly unlikely since
    > I am pretty much a pacifist, I want Rick on my jury!

    He would convict you based on your OS though. If he thinks you are a
    Windows user he will recommend death by a thousand cuts. Or worse - a
    year in Marti's cellar modelling for his Hackwerk poster.

    http://images.smarter.com/blogs/silence%20lambs.jpg

    --
    "Yes, I am a nymshifting troll. I used to be called Rafael, but since the operation I prefer to be called Robin T Cox."
    High Plains Shifter, COLA.

  3. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is
    >> not guilty. Only in COLA.

    > That is a considerably ignorant statement.

    You expect anything from an ignoramous like hadron?
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  4. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>> Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is
    >>> not guilty. Only in COLA.

    >> That is a considerably ignorant statement.

    > You expect anything from an ignoramous like hadron?

    Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty. Certain
    advocates stated quite clearly that without a body he can not be
    guilty. This means they are assuring us he is not guilty. Now, degree
    boy, yet again you show an inability to follow simple logic. Like
    compiler design and implementation did they remove boolean theory from
    your CS Degree course too in case it was too hard?

  5. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 01:56:32 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    >>> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >>> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >>> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    >> Rick doesn't like to be proved wrong with facts.
    >> It gets him all wound up.
    >>
    >> I will say this, that if I ever kill anyone, which is highly unlikely since
    >> I am pretty much a pacifist, I want Rick on my jury!

    > He would convict you based on your OS though. If he thinks you are a
    > Windows user he will recommend death by a thousand cuts. Or worse - a
    > year in Marti's cellar modelling for his Hackwerk poster.
    >
    > http://images.smarter.com/blogs/silence%20lambs.jpg

    Hahahahah!

    I guess I would have to pretend I used Linux!
    Sadly, that would probably turn the rest of the jury against me and I would
    get convicted anyway.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS vomited some crap he ate earlier
    out of his toilet...

    How'd you get out of the idiot box?

    *plonk*

  7. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Rick wrote:

    >>> Rick and Spamowitz must be devastated.

    >> **** you, you lying bitch.

    > What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    > Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    > you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    .... and you are a lying POS, too. I criticized the jury. That's it.

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:53:10 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> **** you, you lying bitch.

    >> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    > Rick doesn't like to be proved wrong with facts. It gets him all wound
    > up.
    >
    > I will say this, that if I ever kill anyone, which is highly unlikely
    > since I am pretty much a pacifist, I want Rick on my jury!

    Well, we call hope I get the chance.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:14:56 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:40:47 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> **** you, you lying bitch.

    >> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    > ... and you are a lying POS, too. I criticized the jury. That's it.

    Yea, for rendering a guilty verdict........

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:22:44 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:14:56 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    >>> Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body
    >>> you're embarrassed at being an idiot?

    >> ... and you are a lying POS, too. I criticized the jury. That's it.

    > Yea, for rendering a guilty verdict........

    .... no, for their admissions as to why they voted guilty.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Hadron" wrote in message

    > Interestingly certain COLA "advocates" have assured us he is not
    > guilty. Only in COLA.

    Everything here is 3rd party or un-attributed.
    There is nothing here that would justify a claim
    that Hans had, for instance, confessed to killing Nina,
    since there is no statement here of any kind that can
    be directly attributed to Hans.

  12. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "Hadron" wrote in message
    > Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > >> That is a considerably ignorant statement.

    > > You expect anything from an ignoramous like hadron?

    > Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    Shroedinger's Cat. If no one observed the alleged
    crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".

  13. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "tiny dancer" wrote in message

    > "Bo Raxo" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Bradley K. Sherman" wrote in message
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> The victim's family, strangely enough.
    >>>

    >> Perhaps, but do you think the prosecutors actually rang up her parents to
    >> ask them? They want to do this deal to foreclose any appeals or
    >> retrials.
    >>
    >> Seems to me like a bad idea, I'm with yD on this one. Though no
    >> practical difference (he'll never get parole), let the jury's verdict
    >> stand and send him away. Let the body stay buried wherever he put it,
    >> maybe it'll get found some day, maybe not.
    >>

    > I would assume her children might like to know where their mother is and
    > have a place to *visit* her. It's difficult enough to explain death to
    > children. I would imagine they are devastated enough knowing their father
    > killed their mother. The fact that he won't tell them where she is must
    > only hurt more. They are oblivious to any sort of deals, they simply want
    > to know where she is. From what I'd read on this case, it seemed it was
    > their mother who stood up for/protected them from lots of Reisers
    > nuttiness.

    Offer him some prison privileges. A prison closer to where his mother
    lives, so she can visit. A move to a medium security instead of a max. A
    better prison job. More books in his cell.

    After a good six months in a maximum security prison, he'd be ready to make
    a deal. But time off of his sentence? You want to reward him for doing
    such a good job of hiding the body?

    Nope, sorry, not here. I feel for those kids, but throw up a headstone or a
    plaque in some cemetery and tell them that's where we go to remember mommy
    etc. Pretty good chance somebody will find that body sooner or later
    anyway.

    Bo Raxo

  14. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:16:38 +0000 (UTC), Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
    >
    >> In article
    >> ,
    >> yD wrote:
    >>>>

    >>>Interesting that he gets a lesser charge and lesser sentence for
    >>>giving up the body plus a better chance of parole. I suppose that
    >>>makes sense to somebody somewhere.

    >> The victim's family, strangely enough.
    >>
    >> --bks

    > It's known as closure for the victims family.

    Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    flow from a pile of bones.

    > Obviously you have no clue.

    The perfect PKB moment has occurred.

    Bo Raxo

  15. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:16:38 +0000 (UTC), Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> ,

    >>> The victim's family, strangely enough.
    >>>
    >>> --bks

    >> It's known as closure for the victims family.

    > Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    > help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    > flow from a pile of bones.

    Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of closure.

    That's why we have cemeteries...
    Duhhhhh....

    >> Obviously you have no clue.
    >>

    > The perfect PKB moment has occurred.

    No, you've just confirmed that you have no idea what you are talking about.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:
    >
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> It's known as closure for the victims family.

    >> Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    >> help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    >> flow from a pile of bones.

    > Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    > is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of
    > closure.
    >
    > That's why we have cemeteries...
    > Duhhhhh....

    And nobody ever has their ashes spread somewhere, or donate their body to
    science. Meaning no burial spot to visit.

    Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    >>> Obviously you have no clue.
    >>>

    >> The perfect PKB moment has occurred.

    > No, you've just confirmed that you have no idea what you are talking
    > about.

    You think the only way people get closure is being able to visit the bones.
    What century are you living in? Is it within even a thousand years of the
    one the rest of us inhabit?

    Bo Raxo

  17. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body - Troll Alert

    "Michael Snyder" wrote in message

    > "Hadron" wrote in message
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >> > You expect anything from an ignoramous like hadron?

    >> Regarding a crime there are two states : guilty or not guilty

    > Shroedinger's Cat. If no one observed the alleged
    > crime, then there is a state "neither guilty nor not guilty".

    The standards of legal proof and a proof in the sciences are vastly
    different things that happen to share a word: trying to draw a parallel is
    ridiculous.

    In the legal world, his conviction establishes as a fact that he killed
    Nina.

    Out here in the real world, the only reason this deal could be under
    discussion is because Hans has authorized his lawyer to try and get it done.
    Which means he did it - oh, wait, let me guess, you figure she could have
    died of natural causes and he just happened to hide the body. Just kidding,
    but really, mixing the standards from the two fields is just ridiculous.

    Bo Raxo

  18. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    > On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:
    >
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> It's known as closure for the victims family.

    >> Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    >> help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    >> flow from a pile of bones.

    > Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    > is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of
    > closure.

    That is true. I remember when our beloved dog died. My husband and I were
    devastated. We cried and cried, our hearts broken. When the vets office
    called to say they had her ashes back, so we could pick them up, I sent one
    of our daughters to get them for us, because I didn't think either of us
    could go to get them. I thought we would break down. But it was different,
    once we had her back with us we felt as though she was back where she
    belonged, home with us again. We both felt some sense of relief and the
    knowledge we knew where she was now. Not the same, I know. But if we could
    be that griefstricken over our dog and her whereabouts, those poor children
    not knowing where their mother is, is very tragic.

    td

  19. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:27:36 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    >>> help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    >>> flow from a pile of bones.

    >> Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    >> is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of
    >> closure.
    >>
    >> That's why we have cemeteries...
    >> Duhhhhh....
    >>

    > And nobody ever has their ashes spread somewhere, or donate their body to
    > science. Meaning no burial spot to visit.
    >
    > Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    It;s the same thing.
    They go back to the sea and it reminds them of their loved ones.
    As for donating bodies, for some people that is the most important factor
    and they KNOW where the body has gone.

    KNOWING is what counts.
    They had a body, they knew....

    >>> The perfect PKB moment has occurred.

    >> No, you've just confirmed that you have no idea what you are talking
    >> about.
    >>

    > You think the only way people get closure is being able to visit the bones.
    > What century are you living in? Is it within even a thousand years of the
    > one the rest of us inhabit?

    I didn't say it's the ONLY way, I said it's a very large part and a primary
    part of the grieving process.

    Read up on the 9-11 attacks and see what the biggest problem for the
    relatives of the people who perished was.

    It was not having a body.

    Read up on serial killers and the families of their victims.
    Again, the biggest part of closure was finding the body, if they even
    could.

    You have no clue what you are talking about.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  20. Re: Hans Reiser Offers To Lead Cops to Nina's Body

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 00:01:04 -0400, tiny dancer wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 19:48:25 -0700, Bo Raxo wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message

    >>> Closure is an emotional process that comes from within, usually with the
    >>> help of others (whether loved ones or therapists). It doesn't magically
    >>> flow from a pile of bones.

    >> Actually in part having a body, or knowing where the loved one is located
    >> is a very large part of the grieving process and a primary part of
    >> closure.

    > That is true. I remember when our beloved dog died. My husband and I were
    > devastated. We cried and cried, our hearts broken. When the vets office
    > called to say they had her ashes back, so we could pick them up, I sent one
    > of our daughters to get them for us, because I didn't think either of us
    > could go to get them. I thought we would break down. But it was different,
    > once we had her back with us we felt as though she was back where she
    > belonged, home with us again. We both felt some sense of relief and the
    > knowledge we knew where she was now. Not the same, I know. But if we could
    > be that griefstricken over our dog and her whereabouts, those poor children
    > not knowing where their mother is, is very tragic.
    >

    > td

    I'm sorry for your loss and having lost a dear cat last year I know how you
    feel.
    The vet gave us back our Lacey in a nice little box shaped like a coffin
    with a card attached etc.

    We buried her and yes, I know this sounds silly, but it was very important
    to me to know and to say goodbye even if she was already dead.

    Like I said to Bo, the WTC attack is a prime example of this.
    I lost several friends in that attack and I know for a fact the familes
    anguished for months waiting for word that their loved ones, or parts of
    their loved ones, were found.
    In one case it was a single bone.