[News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > CodeGear adamant it will keep the faith
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | One user asked, Does the platform independent streak mean we may see a
    > | return of Delphi for Linux?, to which Williams answered, I'm still getting
    > | my head around a lot of these things. Platform independence is critical, so
    > | the concept of targeting multiple operating systems is certainly one we
    > | invest in R&D to service.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html

    Eh? The author of this article has probably missed Lazarus?

    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    > Related:
    >
    > First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux professional
    > | version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version goes for $200 and the
    > | professional version sells for $500.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    And what about GAMBAS (Gambas Almost Means Basic)?

    http://gambas.sourceforge.net/

    OK the latter is not cross platform, but both are Free and Gratis and
    are available from every popular distro's repository AFAIK.

    Beside that there is FreeBASIC for DOS, GNU/Linux and Windows:

    http://www.freebasic.net/index.php/about

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  3. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    ml2mst writes:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> CodeGear adamant it will keep the faith
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | One user asked, Does the platform independent streak mean we may see a
    >> | return of Delphi for Linux?, to which Williams answered, I'm still getting
    >> | my head around a lot of these things. Platform independence is critical, so
    >> | the concept of targeting multiple operating systems is certainly one we
    >> | invest in R&D to service.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html

    > Eh? The author of this article has probably missed Lazarus?
    >
    > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.

    >> Related:
    >>
    >> First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux professional
    >> | version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version goes for $200 and the
    >> | professional version sells for $500.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    > And what about GAMBAS (Gambas Almost Means Basic)?
    >
    > http://gambas.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > OK the latter is not cross platform, but both are Free and Gratis and
    > are available from every popular distro's repository AFAIK.

    "not cross platform". You are not a programmer. Please stop pretending
    you know anything about it. Gambas is a POS and is dead in the water.

    --
    Looks like the channel is back to normal
    You mean it's not scrolling faster than anyone can read?

  4. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    Hadron wrote:

    > ml2mst writes:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> CodeGear adamant it will keep the faith
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----

    http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html

    >> Eh? The author of this article has probably missed Lazarus?

    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    > Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.

    Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    binaries and is cross platform.

    Please try to keep up.

  5. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst writes:

    > http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html
    >>>
    >>> Eh? The author of this article has probably missed Lazarus?
    >>>

    > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about
    >>
    >> Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.
    >>

    > Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    > binaries and is cross platform.
    >
    > Please try to keep up.

    So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite being
    interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to a p-code like
    Java.

    Do try and keep up.

    --
    I really think XP is going to be a flop. Between the glut of hardware out
    there (and slowing down of purchasing), and the fact that W2K is

  6. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    Hadron wrote:

    > SomeBloke writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html

    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    >>> Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.
    >>>

    >> Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    >> binaries and is cross platform.
    >>
    >> Please try to keep up.

    > So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite being
    > interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to a p-code like
    > Java.
    >
    > Do try and keep up.

    Don't you understand the difference between p-code and executable binary?
    Such a shame but no surprise. Try Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit
    you.

  7. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    ml2mst wrote:

    > And what about GAMBAS (Gambas Almost Means Basic)?
    >
    > http://gambas.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > OK the latter is not cross platform, but both are Free and Gratis and
    > are available from every popular distro's repository AFAIK.

    KDE is going cross platform (alpha already out).
    So it is possible KDE apps like Gambas will probably
    be coming to other OSen soon through that route.

  8. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> SomeBloke writes:

    >>> Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus
    >>> produces executable binaries and is cross platform.
    >>>
    >>> Please try to keep up.

    >> So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite
    >> being interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to
    >> a p-code like Java.
    >>
    >> Do try and keep up.

    > Don't you understand the difference between p-code and
    > executable binary? Such a shame but no surprise. Try
    > Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit you.

    Hadron prefers Debian unstable to stable, stating that stable has
    too many bugs. If he doesn't understand sound IT industry
    practises, how do you expect him to understand the difference
    between interpretive and binary?

    It is like using Visual Basic for writing drivers ..... Heh!
    (Vista, LOL!)

    --
    HPT

  9. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    >>> So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite
    >>> being interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to
    >>> a p-code like Java.
    >>>
    >>> Do try and keep up.

    >> Don't you understand the difference between p-code and
    >> executable binary? Such a shame but no surprise. Try
    >> Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit you.

    > Hadron prefers Debian unstable to stable, stating that stable has
    > too many bugs. If he doesn't understand sound IT industry
    > practises, how do you expect him to understand the difference
    > between interpretive and binary?
    >
    > It is like using Visual Basic for writing drivers ..... Heh!
    > (Vista, LOL!)

    Heh, Heh!!!

  10. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux
    >> professional version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version
    >> goes for $200 and the professional version sells for $500.

    > `----
    >
    > http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    There is no standard version. The personal version for Windows is $100,
    while the personal version for Linux is free.

    It's more welfare for Linux.

  11. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite
    >>> being interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to
    >>> a p-code like Java.
    >>>
    >>> Do try and keep up.

    >> Don't you understand the difference between p-code and
    >> executable binary? Such a shame but no surprise. Try
    >> Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit you.

    > Hadron prefers Debian unstable to stable, stating that stable has too many
    > bugs. If he doesn't understand sound IT industry practises, how do you
    > expect him to understand the difference between interpretive and binary?
    >
    > It is like using Visual Basic for writing drivers ..... Heh! (Vista, LOL!)

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  12. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 10:37:21 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux
    >>> professional version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version goes
    >>> for $200 and the professional version sells for $500.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    > There is no standard version. The personal version for Windows is $100,
    > while the personal version for Linux is free.
    >
    > It's more welfare for Linux.

    More stupidity and bigotry from you.

    I think you're just jealous because you have to take it from MS.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    DFS wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> The Linux standard version is currently free, while the Linux
    >>> professional version costs $500. The Windows/Mac standard version
    >>> goes for $200 and the professional version sells for $500.

    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    > There is no standard version. The personal version for Windows is $100,
    > while the personal version for Linux is free.
    >
    > It's more welfare for Linux.

    Go here... http://www.realsoftware.com/download/

    Versions for Linux, Windows and Mac freely available at no cost to download.

    Registration is also available at no cost, just apply for a non commercial
    license.

    Really, you get stupidly worse Doofy.

  14. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron quacked:

    >>> Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces
    >>> executable binaries and is cross platform.
    >>>
    >>> Please try to keep up.

    >> So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite being
    >> interpreted.

    So what? Your "why bother" question was answered, asshole.

    >> Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to a p-code like
    >> Java.
    >>
    >> Do try and keep up.

    > Don't you understand the difference between p-code and executable
    > binary? Such a shame but no surprise. Try Wikipedia, the kiddies section
    > will suit you.

    Quack again embarrasses itself. What a fsckwit.

  15. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> ml2mst writes:

    > http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html
    >>> Eh? The author of this article has probably missed Lazarus?
    >>>

    > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about
    >> Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.
    >>

    > Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    > binaries and is cross platform.
    >
    > Please try to keep up.

    Don't bother, that's Hadron's logic. You should be used to it by now :-)

    Cheers

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://osgeex.blogspot.com

  16. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke writes:

    > http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html

    > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    >>> Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    >>> binaries and is cross platform.
    >>>
    >>> Please try to keep up.

    >> So what? Most GUI driven systems can run adequately despite being
    >> interpreted. Also you are wrong. Python is compiled to a p-code like
    >> Java.
    >>
    >> Do try and keep up.
    >>

    > Don't you understand the difference between p-code and executable binary?
    > Such a shame but no surprise. Try Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit
    > you.

    Yes I do. But Python itself is not interpreted in this case. The p-code
    is interpreted - the overhead is similar to Java. But as I said, the
    point is that Python is truly cross platform and is gaining
    momentum. Some half arsed copycat pascal Delphi wannabe does not cut it.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  17. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    ml2mst writes:

    > SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >> http://www.businessreviewonline.com/...ar_adaman.html
    >>>>

    >> http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about
    >>> Another half arsed "almost there" project. Why bother? Use Python.
    >>>

    >> Python is an interpreted language that's why. Lazarus produces executable
    >> binaries and is cross platform.
    >>
    >> Please try to keep up.

    > Don't bother, that's Hadron's logic. You should be used to it by now :-)
    >
    > Cheers

    And another point : the executables themselves are not "cross platform".

    Typical COLA loons advocating some half arsed solution which may or may
    not be supported in the near future.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  18. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke writes:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> SomeBloke wrote:
    >>>>>>

    > http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mo...dex&sURL=about

    >>> Don't you understand the difference between p-code and
    >>> executable binary? Such a shame but no surprise. Try
    >>> Wikipedia, the kiddies section will suit you.

    >> Hadron prefers Debian unstable to stable, stating that stable has
    >> too many bugs. If he doesn't understand sound IT industry
    >> practises, how do you expect him to understand the difference
    >> between interpretive and binary?
    >>
    >> It is like using Visual Basic for writing drivers ..... Heh!
    >> (Vista, LOL!)
    >>

    > Heh, Heh!!!

    Except High Plains Hypocrite has got it wrong *still*. I prefer Debian
    Lenny (testing) over Stable because stable has far too many bugs in SW I
    use daily and the hassle of getting backports just is not worth it. In
    the *early* days I had to use the UNSTABLE kernel in order for it work
    with MY NEW hardware. That has since moved into Lenny.

    Poor old High Plains Hypocrite : more clueless than Dr Watson.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  19. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > It is like using Visual Basic for writing drivers ..... Heh!

    http://www.blackice.com/Printer%20Dr...Tool%20Kit.htm
    http://www.mev.co.uk/suppdio.htm
    http://www.google.com/search?q=Visua...device+drivers

    More ignorance from HPT, along with the classics:

    * Chicago Bulls won the world series
    * I spoofed 'em with the C++ != conditional.

    Why do you even bother?

    > (Vista, LOL!)

    Won't be long before you're using Vista to make a living - if you're not
    already.

  20. Re: [News] Delphi for Linux Might Make Comeback

    SomeBloke wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>
    >>> First Look: REALbasic 2007 Gets Linux Support
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://www.adtmag.com/article.aspx?id=21287

    >> There is no standard version. The personal version for Windows is
    >> $100, while the personal version for Linux is free.
    >>
    >> It's more welfare for Linux.

    > Go here... http://www.realsoftware.com/download/
    >
    > Versions for Linux, Windows and Mac freely available at no cost to
    > download.

    Those are trial versions, ignoramus.

    > Registration is also available at no cost, just apply for a non
    > commercial license.

    What does an academic version have to do with anything?

    Like I said in the first place: the personal version is $100 for Windows,
    and free for Linux.

    It's more welfare for Linux - the only OS that needs welfare.

    > Really, you get stupidly worse Doofy.

    As usual, you're wrong about everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast