Re: [News] European Championship Site Exploited to Pass the WindowsSilverfish Virus - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] European Championship Site Exploited to Pass the WindowsSilverfish Virus - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Using the European championship to spread malware Following the links, I ended up here: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight...portedplatform ###### You have chosen to open Silverlight.exe which is a: [EXE file] from http://sliverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com ...

  1. Re: [News] European Championship Site Exploited to Pass the WindowsSilverfish Virus

    > Using the European championship to spread malware

    Following the links, I ended up here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight...portedplatform

    ######
    You have chosen to open
    Silverlight.exe
    which is a: [EXE file]
    from http://sliverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com

    What should Firefox do with this file?

    .. Save to Disc
    .. Eat it
    .. Perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death
    .. Beat senseless with a large hammer
    .. Use it to conquer planet earth
    ######

    Oh well, there's always Moonlight.

    > Shining Some Light on Microsoft's Moonlight Covenant

    Or maybe not...

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    05:08:53 up 170 days, 1:44, 6 users, load average: 0.31, 0.19, 0.11

  2. Re: [News] European Championship Site Exploited to Pass the Windows Silverfish Virus

    Homer espoused:

    >> Using the European championship to spread malware

    > Following the links, I ended up here:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight...portedplatform
    >
    > ######
    > You have chosen to open
    > Silverlight.exe
    > which is a: [EXE file]
    > from http://sliverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com
    >
    > What should Firefox do with this file?
    >
    > . Save to Disc
    > . Eat it
    > . Perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death
    > . Beat senseless with a large hammer
    > . Use it to conquer planet earth
    > ######
    >

    > Oh well, there's always Moonlight.
    >
    >> Shining Some Light on Microsoft's Moonlight Covenant

    > Or maybe not...

    Yeah, maybe not. Still, anyone in the EU with a mythtv box will be able
    to record all the matches and watch them at their leisure. I'm sure
    that eurosport will show them later, too. As England didn't qualify
    (thanks to all the buffoons who thought that there was an English
    manager up to the job - hope you've learnt better now), I'm not that
    interested this time.