HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.) - Linux

This is a discussion on HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.) - Linux ; * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo: > Linonut wrote: >> >> Of course it is bull****. It is HP. They should stick with printers >> and signal analyzers. > > Freetard on the loose! > > HP has been ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 33 of 33

  1. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >> Of course it is bull****. It is HP. They should stick with printers
    >> and signal analyzers.

    > Freetard on the loose!
    >
    > HP has been making computers for more than 40 years, long before they
    > started producing printers.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hewlett-Packard#Founding

    Excerpts, in rough chronological order:

    Of the many projects they worked on, their very first financially
    successful product was a precision audio oscillator, the Model
    HP200A.

    The company was originally rather unfocused, working on a wide range
    of electronic products for industry and even agriculture. Eventually
    they elected to focus on high-quality electronic test and measurement
    equipment.

    But after deciding that it would be easier to buy another small
    design team than deal with DEC, HP entered the computer market in
    1966 with the HP 2100 / HP 1000 series of minicomputers.

    So, DFS, you are technically correct. Having used HP PCs (as opposed to
    minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their consumer
    PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than DELLs.

    By the way, I'm correcting for your minor name change.

    Life is too short to deal with jeering, in-your-face idiocy.

    --
    Unfortunately, many programs are so big that there is no one individual who
    really knows all the pieces, and so the amount of code sharing you get isn't

  2. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    Linonut wrote:

    > So, DFS, you are technically correct.

    As always.

    > Having used HP PCs (as opposed
    > to minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their
    > consumer PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than
    > DELLs.

    I don't know about their desktops. I always heard their laptops were good.
    Their servers get good reviews, and I like the ProLiants we use at work.

    > By the way, I'm correcting for your minor name change.

    I posted a few times from Thunderbird on Server2008, but I used the same nym
    and email. Don't know why it would show up differently.

    > Life is too short to deal with jeering, in-your-face idiocy.

    So stay away from mirrors and videos of RMS.

  3. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    "DFS" writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> So, DFS, you are technically correct.

    > As always.
    >

    >> Having used HP PCs (as opposed
    >> to minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their
    >> consumer PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than
    >> DELLs.

    > I don't know about their desktops. I always heard their laptops were good.
    > Their servers get good reviews, and I like the ProLiants we use at work.

    Is this some kind of joke on Liarnut's part? HP portables are, along
    with Thinkpads, the absolute best.

    HP is(was) also the largest PC maker in the world.

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...ndex_top+story

    >> By the way, I'm correcting for your minor name change.

    > I posted a few times from Thunderbird on Server2008, but I used the same nym
    > and email. Don't know why it would show up differently.
    >

    >> Life is too short to deal with jeering, in-your-face idiocy.

    > So stay away from mirrors and videos of RMS.

    Amen.

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our

  4. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> By the way, I'm correcting for your minor name change.

    > I posted a few times from Thunderbird on Server2008, but I used the same nym
    > and email. Don't know why it would show up differently.

    Quote characters. Issue solved.

    >> Life is too short to deal with jeering, in-your-face idiocy.

    > So stay away from mirrors and videos of RMS.

    You are gravely mistaken, my friend. Buh bye.

    --
    The worst programs are the ones where the programmers doing the original
    work don't lay a solid foundation, and then they're not involved in the

  5. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    On 2008-06-09, Linonut claimed:
    > * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >

    > So, DFS, you are technically correct. Having used HP PCs (as opposed to
    > minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their consumer
    > PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than DELLs.

    I've never used HP. That's because every time I've seen one that looked
    slightly interesting I've researched them and found they were crap for
    linux. My research nearly always turned up evidence that they were crap
    for Windross, too.

    Windummies are accustomed to crap. They wallow in it by choice. But
    I've come to expect a minimum level of quality on my machines. HP
    doesn't appear to deliver it.

    --
    All things are possible. Except making Windows secure.

  6. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-06-09, Linonut claimed:
    >> * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>

    >> So, DFS, you are technically correct. Having used HP PCs (as opposed to
    >> minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their consumer
    >> PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than DELLs.

    > I've never used HP. That's because every time I've seen one that looked
    > slightly interesting I've researched them and found they were crap for
    > linux. My research nearly always turned up evidence that they were crap
    > for Windross, too.
    >
    > Windummies are accustomed to crap. They wallow in it by choice. But
    > I've come to expect a minimum level of quality on my machines. HP
    > doesn't appear to deliver it.

    Let me add that, at work, we use HP switches. They are apparently crap
    compared to Alcatel switches.

    We also use HP disk-drives and servers.

    On top of that, we use Win 2003 Server. I truly don't understand why
    our hot, capacious, and recent systems run so slowly.

    So, like I said about the crap....

    --
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
    lose.

  7. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    Linonut wrote:

    > Let me add that, at work, we use HP switches. They are apparently
    > crap compared to Alcatel switches.

    So how have the 'crappy' HP switches negatively impacted you at work?

    > We also use HP disk-drives and servers.
    >
    > On top of that, we use Win 2003 Server. I truly don't understand why
    > our hot, capacious, and recent systems run so slowly.

    How hot? Relative to what?
    How slow? Relative to what?

    The 3 HP Proliant WinServer03 systems I use at work are just dandy: speedy
    with a couple dozen users and very stable (don't know if they run hot).

    > So, like I said about the crap....

    You and Gidget posted so much good evidence that it's hard not to be swayed
    away from HP...

  8. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    "DFS" writes:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Let me add that, at work, we use HP switches. They are apparently
    >> crap compared to Alcatel switches.

    > So how have the 'crappy' HP switches negatively impacted you at work?

    They haven't. Liarnut is telling lies again. Again! I did tell you all
    ages ago how he worked. He is a to faced liar, fraud and hypocrite.

    >> We also use HP disk-drives and servers.
    >>
    >> On top of that, we use Win 2003 Server. I truly don't understand why
    >> our hot, capacious, and recent systems run so slowly.

    > How hot? Relative to what?
    > How slow? Relative to what?

    Yup. Retires back into Roy's sphincter.

    > The 3 HP Proliant WinServer03 systems I use at work are just dandy: speedy
    > with a couple dozen users and very stable (don't know if they run hot).

    The rest of the world you BUY HW agree too.

    >> So, like I said about the crap....

    > You and Gidget posted so much good evidence that it's hard not to be swayed
    > away from HP...

    I know. Amazing isn't it. But Liarnut is the worst.

    --
    - "Thats what I have been saying for 5 years. Consumers are tired, they
    want something new and more exciting."

  9. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    Hadron wrote:
    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> Let me add that, at work, we use HP switches. They are apparently
    >>> crap compared to Alcatel switches.

    >> So how have the 'crappy' HP switches negatively impacted you at work?
    >>

    > They haven't. Liarnut is telling lies again. Again! I did tell you all
    > ages ago how he worked. He is a to faced liar, fraud and hypocrite.

    Why do you hate him so much? He's a hypocrite sometimes, but he's fairly
    jovial and quick-witted and makes decent cola contributions, especially
    compared to non-entities like Willie Poaster and HPT and (p)Rick.

    >> You and Gidget posted so much good evidence that it's hard not to be
    >> swayed away from HP...

    > I know. Amazing isn't it. But Liarnut is the worst.

    Let me introduce you to 7....

  10. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    "DFS" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> So how have the 'crappy' HP switches negatively impacted you at work?
    >>>

    >> They haven't. Liarnut is telling lies again. Again! I did tell you all
    >> ages ago how he worked. He is a to faced liar, fraud and hypocrite.

    > Why do you hate him so much? He's a hypocrite sometimes, but he's fairly
    > jovial and quick-witted and makes decent cola contributions, especially
    > compared to non-entities like Willie Poaster and HPT and (p)Rick.

    I dont hate him. I just think he is a liar and a phoney and a fraud. he
    shows time and time again that he could be better but no. He lies and
    twists things as if he were Roy's lacky. The fact that he could be a
    real advocate is makes me annoyed with him. But all he does is make
    things up and post Google results which have little if any relation to
    what he is replying to.

    >>> You and Gidget posted so much good evidence that it's hard not to be
    >>> swayed away from HP...

    >> I know. Amazing isn't it. But Liarnut is the worst.

    > Let me introduce you to 7....

    Nobody reads "7". He is a 'bot.

    --
    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our
    services, allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."
    Mark Kent,Head of Technology Strategy,COLA Hypocrite

  11. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:29:42 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> So, DFS, you are technically correct.

    >> As always.
    >>

    >>> Having used HP PCs (as opposed
    >>> to minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their
    >>> consumer PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than
    >>> DELLs.

    >> I don't know about their desktops. I always heard their laptops were good.
    >> Their servers get good reviews, and I like the ProLiants we use at work.
    >>

    > Is this some kind of joke on Liarnut's part? HP portables are, along
    > with Thinkpads, the absolute best.
    >
    > HP is(was) also the largest PC maker in the world.
    >
    > http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...ndex_top+story
    >

    >>> By the way, I'm correcting for your minor name change.

    >> I posted a few times from Thunderbird on Server2008, but I used the same nym
    >> and email. Don't know why it would show up differently.
    >>

    >>> Life is too short to deal with jeering, in-your-face idiocy.

    >> So stay away from mirrors and videos of RMS.

    > Amen.

    Liarnut has gone off the deep end.
    He is getting more loony by the day.

    He's not only swallowing the Kool Aid, he is mixing up the supply!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  12. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:27:04 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-06-09, Linonut claimed:
    >>> * DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>

    >>> So, DFS, you are technically correct. Having used HP PCs (as opposed to
    >>> minis and mainframes), I reiterate my statement above. Their consumer
    >>> PCs are, as far as I have experienced, even crappier than DELLs.

    >> I've never used HP. That's because every time I've seen one that looked
    >> slightly interesting I've researched them and found they were crap for
    >> linux. My research nearly always turned up evidence that they were crap
    >> for Windross, too.
    >>
    >> Windummies are accustomed to crap. They wallow in it by choice. But
    >> I've come to expect a minimum level of quality on my machines. HP
    >> doesn't appear to deliver it.

    > Let me add that, at work, we use HP switches. They are apparently crap
    > compared to Alcatel switches.
    >
    > We also use HP disk-drives and servers.
    >
    > On top of that, we use Win 2003 Server. I truly don't understand why
    > our hot, capacious, and recent systems run so slowly.
    >
    > So, like I said about the crap....

    Sure.

    We believe you Liarnut.

    NOT!

    And if HP had expanded their Linux desktop program instead of deep sixing
    Linux, you would proclaiming the wonders of HP technology.

    LIEing for LIEnix is no way to go through life son.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: HP - Will NOT expand linux PC lineup. (Because of poor demand for linux.)

    On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:49:09 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:

    >>> So how have the 'crappy' HP switches negatively impacted you at work?
    >>>

    >> They haven't. Liarnut is telling lies again. Again! I did tell you all
    >> ages ago how he worked. He is a to faced liar, fraud and hypocrite.

    > Why do you hate him so much? He's a hypocrite sometimes, but he's fairly
    > jovial and quick-witted and makes decent cola contributions, especially
    > compared to non-entities like Willie Poaster and HPT and (p)Rick.

    He USED to be like that but literally overnight he turned into an asshole.
    I wonder how much Roy's masters are paying him because something changed
    overnight.

    > Let me introduce you to 7....

    Pleas don't.
    mjcr is mentally retarded.