[News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive

    Microsoft continues paring back the Windows Live family

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | But the future of services outside of the core Windows Live group seems
    | uncertain. I had been hearing talk for the past few months that Microsoft was
    | readying a new consumer service for public safety. The alleged service,
    | according to sources, was designed to help individuals locate friends and
    | family members during a crisis or catastrophe. (I heard Microsoft might be
    | eveloping a similar service aimed at enterprises, too.) Given that the
    | Windows Live team seems more focused on paring down than building out the
    | Live stable of services, I’m wondering whether this one will ever see the
    | light of day.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1426

    Crumbling?

    Recently:

    Microsoft Closing Live Search Books and Academic Projects

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | What do you think about Microsoft's move to end their Live Search Books and
    | Academic Projects?
    `----

    http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/080523-114536

    Microsoft Burns Down Book Search

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Citing poor demand, Microsoft will back away from scanning and indexing books
    | and academic works for Live Search
    `----

    http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...wn-book-search

    Related:

    Not all Microsoft 'Lives' are created equal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Is it time for a Microsoft-wide purge of the "Live" brand? If you look
    | at the myriad, incongruous ways that Microsoft is using "Live" across
    | its various product divisions, you might say yes.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=324

    Is Windows Live dying?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Over the last year, Microsoft's Windows Live service lineup has
    | grown exponentially. At one point months ago, it seemed clear
    | that every service Microsoft brought online would fall under the
    | Live brand, but lately the trend seems to be moving slowly in
    | the opposite direction. What's happening to Windows Live?
    `----

    http://arstechnica.com/journals/micr...2007/2/20/7154

    Windows Live Shopping no more - MSN Shopping to remain

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | From today Windows Live Shopping beta will be taken offline, with users
    | being sent to MSN Shopping, available at shopping.msn.com.
    `----

    http://www.liveside.net/blogs/main/a...to-remain.aspx
    http://tinyurl.com/287gy6

    Sources: Several Windows Live Projects Halted

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Microsoft's Windows Live desktop search project has been
    | shelved "indefinitely," although not much reasoning has been
    | given as to the reason for its demise.
    `----

    http://www.betanews.com/article/Sour...ted/1163715423

    Microsoft Office Live migration is adding insult to injury

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | On January 29, Microsoft posted to the Office Live blog a status update
    | re: the migration. The news isn't good.
    |
    | Office Live logoBeta testers are still potentially "months" away fromb
    | eing migrated to the final version of their Office Live services.
    | Functionality like backup and restore isn't going to work until
    | their accounts are migrated. And Microsoft will give testers only
    | a 24-hour heads-up when they are set to be migrated. During that
    | 24-hour period, users won't be able to make changes to their
    | Office Live sites.
    `----

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=243

    Office Live: Better Off Dead?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Last month I killed Office Live in an act of self defense, after
    | repeated access problems and attempts to move my domain to another
    | registrar. Judging from the comments to that post, there's an Office
    | Live killing spree going on. Not surprisingly, Microsoft wants to put
    | an end to the wanton killing.
    `----

    http://tinyurl.com/ybsz2o

    Microsoft profit on slide

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Some analysts are looking for any signs of improvement from
    | Microsoft's internet division, which continues to lose market
    | share in web search to Google.
    |
    | Microsoft's online services group saw revenue fall for the last
    | four quarters and posted a loss in the past three quarters while
    | it shifted to a new internet advertising platform and overhauled
    | the company's web properties.
    `----

    http://australianit.news.com.au/arti...nbv%5E,00.html

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Microsoft continues paring back the Windows Live family

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    PLONK

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > Microsoft continues paring back the Windows Live family
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| But the future of services outside of the core Windows Live group seems
    >| uncertain. I had been hearing talk for the past few months that Microsoft was
    >| readying a new consumer service for public safety. The alleged service,
    >| according to sources, was designed to help individuals locate friends and
    >| family members during a crisis or catastrophe. (I heard Microsoft might be
    >| eveloping a similar service aimed at enterprises, too.) Given that the
    >| Windows Live team seems more focused on paring down than building out the
    >| Live stable of services, I?m wondering whether this one will ever see the
    >| light of day.
    > `----
    >
    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1426
    >
    > Crumbling?

    Microsoft windows can't stay up when everything else is working, what
    chance has it got when half the infrastructure has collapsed? They're
    the last people I'd want working on anything life-critical.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Live Not So Alive

    "Mark Kent" schreef in bericht
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks