Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors - Linux ; Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity > > ,----[ Quote ] [...] > | Microsoft paid out a significant chunk of cash to keep > | Bioshock exclusive to the ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    > Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]

    [...]
    > | Microsoft paid out a significant chunk of cash to keep
    > | Bioshock exclusive to the 360.
    > `----

    How is this legal?
    Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    12:23:55 up 168 days, 8:59, 5 users, load average: 0.12, 0.08, 0.14

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    ____/ Homer on Friday 06 June 2008 12:25 : \____

    >> Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]

    > [...]
    >> | Microsoft paid out a significant chunk of cash to keep
    >> | Bioshock exclusive to the 360.
    >> `----

    > How is this legal?
    > Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    Haha. No. *LOL* Not in the US of Advertising. That's just bizniz(C).

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
    13:05:01 up 52 days, 11:17, 5 users, load average: 0.35, 0.77, 1.15

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    "Homer" wrote in message

    >> Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]

    > [...]
    >> | Microsoft paid out a significant chunk of cash to keep
    >> | Bioshock exclusive to the 360.
    >> `----

    > How is this legal?
    > Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    Why don't you ask Sony or Nintendo. They have the same exclusive
    arrangements and do the exact same thing.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    "Ezekiel" writes:

    > "Homer" wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> [...]
    >>> `----

    >> How is this legal?
    >> Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    > Why don't you ask Sony or Nintendo. They have the same exclusive
    > arrangements and do the exact same thing.

    Tsk. "Advocates" know nothing about games or gaming. They think Tux
    Racer is state of the art ffs.

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 12:25:56 +0100, Homer wrote:

    >Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
    >
    >> Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]

    >[...]
    >> | Microsoft paid out a significant chunk of cash to keep
    >> | Bioshock exclusive to the 360.
    >> `----

    >How is this legal?
    >Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    No, I think that's their right, to "buy" something they want to "own"
    and not let anyone else use... It's not like Bioshock is the only
    game out there...

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:43:17 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Ezekiel" writes:
    >
    >> "Homer" wrote in message

    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> How is this legal?
    >>> Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    >> Why don't you ask Sony or Nintendo. They have the same exclusive
    >> arrangements and do the exact same thing.

    > Tsk. "Advocates" know nothing about games or gaming. They think Tux
    > Racer is state of the art ffs.

    When Linux drones start arguing games you know they are in serious trouble.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > ____/ Homer on Friday 06 June 2008 12:25 : \____

    >>> Microsoft Paid For Bioshock Exclusivity
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]

    >> [...]
    >>> `----

    >> How is this legal?
    >> Surely antitrust investigators should be all over this one.

    > Haha. No. *LOL* Not in the US of Advertising. That's just bizniz(C).

    If Microsoft had a monopoly in this area, then it could be seen as being
    anti-competitive. Same thing ought also to apply to only having
    software available for Windows, as that would be certainly
    anti-competitive.

    I'm just realising why so many of the trolls here keep up the mantra
    "oh, it's only worth developing for Windows...", it's presumably to try
    to keep the anti-trust questions down by turning the debate onto
    something else.

  8. Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives 'Incentives' to Excluse Competitors

    "Mark Kent" schreef in bericht
    > Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    Your post is off-topic in this COLA, your violating [comp.os.linux.advocacy]
    FAQ and Primer for COLA, Edition III

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks