Liverpool to host _Open Source City micro-festival

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Source City tips its hat to Liverpool’s pioneering spirit by offering a
| programme of art, workshops, masterclasses, talks and concerts that shed
| light on the growing impact of Free/Libre Open Source Software on the
| creative practices of today, in particular in media art and music.

Approved for Free Cultural Works

,----[ Quote ]
| We’ve just added the seal you see at right to Creative Commons licenses that
| qualify as Free Culture Licenses according to the Definition of Free Cultural
| Works — Attribution and Attribution-ShareAlike. Public domain is not a
| license, but is an acceptable copyright status for free cultural works
| according to the Definition.

Australia set to give the go-ahead for Creative Commons licensing

,----[ Quote ]
| Researchers at Queensland will shortly publish a study on the pricing of
| public sector information which is expected to set out the case for making
| all government data free. We will watch with interest. In the meantime, we
| think the UK government could usefully copy one set of Australian ideas: a
| policy review in 2002 which said that the government should not try to charge
| for data where to do so is not cost-effective, would be inconsistent with
| policy objectives or would unduly stifle competition and innovation. Bonza! * * *

The Creative Commons CC0 project

,----[ Quote ]
| CC0[http://creativecommons.org/projects/cczero] is a Creative Commons
| project designed to promote and protect the public domain by 1) enabling
| authors to easily waive their copyrights in particular works and to
| communicate that waiver to others, and 2) providing a means by which
| any person can assert that there are no copyrights in a particular work,
| in a way that allows others to judge the reliability of that assertion.

Creative Commons Artist Spotlight: Convey

,----[ Quote ]
| Every week, we will introduce our readers to emerging musical artists who
| choose to release their work under Creative Commons licenses.

Fedora and Creative Commons Team Up To Deliver LiveContent Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Creative Commons have said that Fedora 7 will serve as the
| platform for Creative Commons LiveContent CD, an initiative to showcase free,
| open source software and dynamic, Creative Commons-licensed multimedia
| content.

[Creative Commons in Support of] GPLv3!

,----[ Quote ]
| Note that Creative Commons has always recommended the GPL and other
| free software licenses for software. We look forward to transitioning
| software we create to GPLv3.

Creative Commons Sponsored Software ccHost Release

,----[ Quote ]
| These features most notably show up and are tested in Creative Commons'
| project, ccMixter (www.ccmixter.org), a popular on-line social network
| service that supports legal music sharing and remixing.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFISAztU4xAY3RXLo4RAoCcAKCPTgkoYCCKc4pzud+rir netUu1HACfaRk0