Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work forme for free? - Linux

This is a discussion on Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work forme for free? - Linux ; Ezekiel wrote: > Because of assholes like you and Ramon who think they have the god given > right to do anything they want, whenever they want and "everyone else be > damend" is why the internet is becoming the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51

  1. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    Freedom scares the **** out of WinTrolls.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    > On Jun 5, 11:52 am, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:48:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >> > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    >> > You cross-posting idiot. (Cross-posts removed.)

    >> > Perhaps you could learn to read before posting such nonsense. If you
    >> > were
    >> > any more dishonest and misrepresented what the article actually said
    >> > you
    >> > would be Roy Schestowitz.

    >> It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Ramon *is* Roy Schestowitz.
    >> Sceshtowitz has trolled on digg.com several times as CyberPhoenix and
    >> Techguy and probably others as well.
    >> He also shills up his own posts via his scripting system.
    >>

    > I am sure there are many other differences, but Roy defends Linux and
    > OSS from the left side of the road (he is a little bit too anti-
    > corporations for my taste), while yours truly is a firm believer in
    > capitalism and *free* markets. I love Sun, Oracle, HP, IBM, Apple,
    > etc. I am on the employer side of the fence.
    >
    > In reference to SPAM and cross-posting, I have a very simple rule:
    >
    > If the poster sticks around to answer and defend his opinions the it
    > is NOT spam.
    >
    > I have never posted anything under a pseudonym in my life, and I have
    > been using the Internet and Usenet for as long as it exists.

    Just because you've been cross-posting lies to groups that have expressed no
    interest in reading them for a long time doesn't mean that it's right. If
    you've been using the internet for as long as you claim then you of all
    people should have better common sense and courtesy to to act like an
    asshole - "just because you can."

  3. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please workfor me for free?

    On Jun 5, 2:32 pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    > > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    > >> I have been asked that I should read the article. Let's read it then,
    > >> shall we?

    > >> "the company said it is trying to boost interest in noncommercial
    > >> software development around Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 and Visual
    > >> Studio 2005 Professional Edition."

    > > You're doing okay so far. Got that copy&paste thing working well.

    > >> It says there *non-commercial*. Then, they refer to such development
    > >> as "amateur".

    > > Idiot. *WHO* refers to these developers as "amateur?" Is it Microsoft that
    > > does this and if so, you should be able to provide the exact quote where
    > > they do. (Hint for you moron - it's the author of the article that does
    > > this.)

    > >> The implication is that people like Richard Stallman,
    > >> Linus Torvalds and thousands of others are not professionals. Don't
    > >> you folks wonder how many paid developers work for Sun, IBM, HP,
    > >> Oracle (Berkeley DB), etc. on OSS, non-commercial software? Such
    > >> people are professionals in every sense of the word.

    > > Take it up with the author then. Quit blaming Microsoft for what somebody
    > > else says you dishonest liar.

    > >> My point is that Microsoft is way out of their pond, and showing utter
    > >> confusion. Like all hegemonic tyrants, they are finally becoming
    > >> victims of their own internal contradictions.

    > > It's actually you and the rest of the rabid zealots who can't get over
    > > your fear of Microsoft and blame them for everything in the world. Don't
    > > let the FACT that Microsoft never referred to these people as "amateurs"
    > > get in the way of your delusional tirade.

    > >> -Ramon

    > ( Ramon to too chicken**** to admit he was wrong. )

    Really!? Explain how come I have been -I will continue- crossposting
    for as long as Usenet exists. I have founded newsgroups. I have helped
    create their rules. And all of sudden some fraidy cat who is
    embarrassed of his own identity is going to teach me a lesson and help
    me see my wrong ways?

    Crossposting was invented for a reason. It has a purpose. It is
    neitehr illegal, immoral or fattening. If you chose not to take
    advantage off the opportunities that life affords you (such as, I
    don't know... *freedom* and having a personality of your own), and
    prefer to live under the shadows of people and organizations that you
    deem superior... Well, that's your prerogative.

    -RFH

  4. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Because of assholes like you and Ramon who think they have the god given
    >> right to do anything they want, whenever they want and "everyone else be
    >> damend" is why the internet is becoming the pigsty that it is.

    > Freedom scares the **** out of WinTrolls.

    Decency and honesty scares the **** out of linux zealots.

  5. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

> [...]

    > The implication is that people like Richard Stallman,
    > Linus Torvalds and thousands of others are not professionals. Don't
    > you folks wonder how many paid developers work for Sun, IBM, HP,
    > Oracle (Berkeley DB), etc. on OSS, non-commercial software? Such
    > people are professionals in every sense of the word.

    Take it up with the author then. Quit blaming Microsoft for what somebody
    else says you dishonest liar.

    > My point is that Microsoft is way out of their pond, and showing utter
    > confusion. Like all hegemonic tyrants, they are finally becoming
    > victims of their own internal contradictions.

    It's actually you and the rest of the rabid zealots who can't get over
    your fear of Microsoft and blame them for everything in the world. Don't
    let the FACT that Microsoft never referred to these people as "amateurs"
    get in the way of your delusional tirade.

    Big ****ing deal. It takes all of 30 seconds, 3 mouse clicks and a few
    keystrokes to do this.

    > Crossposting was invented for a reason. It has a purpose.

    Yes. It allows other people using the web to identify the rude assholes more
    easily.

  6. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    >> On Jun 5, 2:32 pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >>> "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    >>> ( Ramon to too chicken**** to admit he was wrong. )

    >> Really!? Explain how come I have been -I will continue- crossposting
    >> for as long as Usenet exists. I have founded newsgroups. I have helped
    >> create their rules. And all of sudden some fraidy cat who is
    >> embarrassed of his own identity is going to teach me a lesson and help
    >> me see my wrong ways?
    >>
    >> Crossposting was invented for a reason. It has a purpose. It is
    >> neitehr illegal, immoral or fattening. If you chose not to take
    >> advantage off the opportunities that life affords you (such as, I
    >> don't know... *freedom* and having a personality of your own), and
    >> prefer to live under the shadows of people and organizations that you
    >> deem superior... Well, that's your prerogative.
    >>

    >> It says there *non-commercial*. Then, they refer to such development
    >> as "amateur".

    > Idiot. *WHO* refers to these developers as "amateur?" Is it Microsoft that
    > does this and if so, you should be able to provide the exact quote where
    > they do. (Hint for you moron - it's the author of the article that does
    > this.)
    >

    >> The implication is that people like Richard Stallman,
    >> Linus Torvalds and thousands of others are not professionals. Don't
    >> you folks wonder how many paid developers work for Sun, IBM, HP,
    >> Oracle (Berkeley DB), etc. on OSS, non-commercial software? Such
    >> people are professionals in every sense of the word.

    > Take it up with the author then. Quit blaming Microsoft for what somebody
    > else says you dishonest liar.
    >

    >> My point is that Microsoft is way out of their pond, and showing utter
    >> confusion. Like all hegemonic tyrants, they are finally becoming
    >> victims of their own internal contradictions.

    > It's actually you and the rest of the rabid zealots who can't get over
    > your fear of Microsoft and blame them for everything in the world. Don't
    > let the FACT that Microsoft never referred to these people as "amateurs"
    > get in the way of your delusional tirade.
    >

    >> " I have founded newsgroups."

    > Big ****ing deal. It takes all of 30 seconds, 3 mouse clicks and a few
    > keystrokes to do this.
    >

    >> Crossposting was invented for a reason. It has a purpose.

    > Yes. It allows other people using the web to identify the rude assholes
    > more easily.

    For the record, there are at times a valid reason to cross-post. But your
    mis-interpretation and deliberate misrepresentation of an article and
    transforming what the author wrote into some anti-MS tirade and then posting
    it to a Solaris group is *not* one of them.

  7. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message
    > On Jun 5, 2:32 pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >> "Ezekiel" wrote in message

    >> > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    >> > You're doing okay so far. Got that copy&paste thing working well.

    >> > Idiot. *WHO* refers to these developers as "amateur?" Is it Microsoft
    >> > that
    >> > does this and if so, you should be able to provide the exact quote
    >> > where
    >> > they do. (Hint for you moron - it's the author of the article that does
    >> > this.)

    >> > Take it up with the author then. Quit blaming Microsoft for what
    >> > somebody
    >> > else says you dishonest liar.

    >> > It's actually you and the rest of the rabid zealots who can't get over
    >> > your fear of Microsoft and blame them for everything in the world.
    >> > Don't
    >> > let the FACT that Microsoft never referred to these people as
    >> > "amateurs"
    >> > get in the way of your delusional tirade.

    >> ( Ramon to too chicken**** to admit he was wrong. )

    > Really!? Explain how come I have been -I will continue- crossposting
    > for as long as Usenet exists.

    That's because you're either a spammer or a troll. Personally I'd call
    anyone as dishonest as you an asshole but that's just me. You have yet to
    explain how your gross misrepresentation of what the article actually said
    is of any interest to people in the Solaris and Mac groups.

    Crossposting can be helpful if the message is of interest to a larger
    audience. However, crossposting to groups that are irrelevant to the message
    posted could be considered spamming.

    Crossposting is usually practiced when material is relevant and of interest
    to the readers of more than one newsgroup. However sometimes it is used
    maliciously to begin a thread between newsgroups whose readers are likely to
    have violently differing opinions, in the hope of provoking a conflict. This
    is a form of trolling.

  8. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll

  9. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please workfor me for free?

    On Jun 5, 2:58*pm, Steve de Mena wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > On Jun 5, 10:06 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > >> Not only they have the nerve to ask people to give away their work for
    > >> free, but they also disrespect them by using the term "hobbyists".

    > >> "Microsoft is trying to foster more interest in embedded software,
    > >> encouraging amateur developers to experiment with programmable
    > >> components in devices from toasters to televisions."

    > >>http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e550

    > >> -RFH

    > > I have been asked that I should read the article. Let's read it then,
    > > shall we?

    > > "the company said it is trying to boost interest in noncommercial
    > > software development around Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 and Visual
    > > Studio 2005 Professional Edition."

    > > It says there *non-commercial*. Then, they refer to such development
    > > as "amateur". The implication is that people like Richard Stallman,
    > > Linus Torvalds and thousands of others are not professionals.

    > Aren't everyone participating in the Olympics "amateurs"? *No one
    > seems to whine about calling them that.

    Ever since the '92 Olympics (I believe), professionals were allowed to
    compete in the Olympics, at least in certain sports. Certainly, the US
    Olympic basketball team is almost entirely composed of professionals
    from the NBA (Remember the "Dream Team", with Magic Johnson, Larry
    Bird, etc?). The same holds true of the teams from other countries. I
    believe the Olympic hockey teams are also composed of professionals,
    at least to some extent.
    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    Honolulu, HI

  10. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    RonB wrote:
    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> Because of assholes like you and Ramon who think they have the god
    >> given right to do anything they want, whenever they want and
    >> "everyone else be damend" is why the internet is becoming the pigsty
    >> that it is.

    > Freedom scares the **** out of WinTrolls.

    Good software makes Linux wackos nervous - they don't know how to use it.

    On Jun 5, 6:04*pm, Dave Fritzinger wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 2:58*pm, Steve de Mena wrote:

    > > Aren't everyone participating in the Olympics "amateurs"? *No one
    > > seems to whine about calling them that.

    > Ever since the '92 Olympics (I believe), professionals were allowed to
    > compete in the Olympics, at least in certain sports. Certainly, the US
    > Olympic basketball team is almost entirely composed of professionals
    > from the NBA (Remember the "Dream Team", with Magic Johnson, Larry
    > Bird, etc?). The same holds true of the teams from other countries. I
    > believe the Olympic hockey teams are also composed of professionals,
    > at least to some extent.

    professionals have been allowed in the olympics since at least the 80s
    (with a couple specific exceptions)- it's up to each sports
    federation (and each country i believe) to decide if, and how many,
    pros they allow. you're thinkin' 92 because that's the first year
    professional basketball players were first allowed in, but they were
    previously allowed in other sports. before that, there were many
    athletes that were basically professionals, in that they were paid to
    train full time.

  12. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:13:49 -0700 (PDT), Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > On Jun 5, 11:52 am, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    >> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:48:30 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in message

    >>> You cross-posting idiot. (Cross-posts removed.)

    >>> Perhaps you could learn to read before posting such nonsense. If you were
    >>> any more dishonest and misrepresented what the article actually said you
    >>> would be Roy Schestowitz.

    >> It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Ramon *is* Roy Schestowitz.
    >> Sceshtowitz has trolled on digg.com several times as CyberPhoenix and
    >> Techguy and probably others as well.
    >> He also shills up his own posts via his scripting system.
    >>

    > I am sure there are many other differences, but Roy defends Linux and
    > OSS from the left side of the road (he is a little bit too anti-
    > corporations for my taste), while yours truly is a firm believer in
    > capitalism and *free* markets. I love Sun, Oracle, HP, IBM, Apple,
    > etc. I am on the employer side of the fence.
    >
    > In reference to SPAM and cross-posting, I have a very simple rule:
    >
    > If the poster sticks around to answer and defend his opinions the it
    > is NOT spam.
    >
    > I have never posted anything under a pseudonym in my life, and I have
    > been using the Internet and Usenet for as long as it exists.
    >
    > -Ramon

    Fair enough, I actually believe you.
    FWIW, I generally reply to the groups in the auto reply, however after
    being asked politely by some in the ubuntu group to filter a little, I have
    respected their wishes.
    I think you should do the same with whatever groups are requesting some
    relief from the sewerage that is COLA.
    Just my 2 cents.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll

  14. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please workfor me for free?

    Edward Scholl wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 6:04 pm, Dave Fritzinger wrote:
    >> On Jun 5, 2:58 pm, Steve de Mena wrote:

    >>> Aren't everyone participating in the Olympics "amateurs"? No one
    >>> seems to whine about calling them that.

    >> Ever since the '92 Olympics (I believe), professionals were allowed to
    >> compete in the Olympics, at least in certain sports. Certainly, the US
    >> Olympic basketball team is almost entirely composed of professionals
    >> from the NBA (Remember the "Dream Team", with Magic Johnson, Larry
    >> Bird, etc?). The same holds true of the teams from other countries. I
    >> believe the Olympic hockey teams are also composed of professionals,
    >> at least to some extent.

    > professionals have been allowed in the olympics since at least the 80s
    > (with a couple specific exceptions)- it's up to each sports
    > federation (and each country i believe) to decide if, and how many,
    > pros they allow. you're thinkin' 92 because that's the first year
    > professional basketball players were first allowed in, but they were
    > previously allowed in other sports. before that, there were many
    > athletes that were basically professionals, in that they were paid to
    > train full time.

    Who cares? The point was about "amateurs", and no one looks down at
    the amateurs (some, most, hardly any at all) in the Olympics because
    they are not professional.

    Steve

  15. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    On 2008-06-05, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > On Jun 5, 10:48 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    >
    > > You cross-posting idiot. (Cross-posts removed.)

    > I suggest you take it up with Google, which allows me to post to up to
    > 5 newsgroups. You should also complain to the designers of NNTP and
    > Usenet in general.

    http://www.****wit.info/whatis.htm

    *plonk*

    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  16. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    On 2008-06-05, Chance Furlong wrote:

    > Ramon can post anti MS rants wherever he wants. Are you afraid MS drones
    > will hear the truth about how ****ty MS is?

    The 'tards are restless tonight.

    [email me at huge {at} huge (dot) org uk]

  17. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    In article ,
    Huge wrote:

    > On 2008-06-05, Chance Furlong wrote:
    >
    > > Ramon can post anti MS rants wherever he wants. Are you afraid MS drones
    > > will hear the truth about how ****ty MS is?

    > The 'tards are restless tonight.

    In your LSD induced haze.

  18. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please work for me for free?

    In article ,
    Huge wrote:

    > On 2008-06-05, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > On Jun 5, 10:48 am, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > >
    > > > You cross-posting idiot. (Cross-posts removed.)

    > > I suggest you take it up with Google, which allows me to post to up to
    > > 5 newsgroups. You should also complain to the designers of NNTP and
    > > Usenet in general.

    > http://www.****wit.info/whatis.htm
    >
    > *plonk*

    Admitting you are a ****wit?

  19. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please workfor me for free?

    On Jun 5, 8:58 pm, Steve de Mena wrote:
    > Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > > On Jun 5, 10:06 am, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > >> Not only they have the nerve to ask people to give away their work for
    > >> free, but they also disrespect them by using the term "hobbyists".

    > >> "Microsoft is trying to foster more interest in embedded software,
    > >> encouraging amateur developers to experiment with programmable
    > >> components in devices from toasters to televisions."

    > >>http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e550

    > >> -RFH

    > > I have been asked that I should read the article. Let's read it then,
    > > shall we?

    > > "the company said it is trying to boost interest in noncommercial
    > > software development around Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 and Visual
    > > Studio 2005 Professional Edition."

    > > It says there *non-commercial*. Then, they refer to such development
    > > as "amateur". The implication is that people like Richard Stallman,
    > > Linus Torvalds and thousands of others are not professionals.

    > Aren't everyone participating in the Olympics "amateurs"? No one
    > seems to whine about calling them that.
    >
    > Steve

    Lawyers may perform pro-bono, do charity work, etc. That doesn't mean
    that they should be called "amateurs". It is not a matter of whining,
    it is a matter of accuracy and *truth*.

    Microsoft is an an unattainable position, bordering in absurdity. They
    are in essence asking people to invest their time and other resources
    doing work that ultimately increases the convicted company's bottom
    line.

    I have absolutely nothing against working for free: see above lawyer
    example, working for the common good, for a worthy cause, etc.

    However, doing free work for a for-profit corporation falls somewhere
    between utter stupidity and the ultimate act of brown-nosing. It shows
    that the volunteer worker has zero self-esteem or dignity.

    -Ramon (the OP)

  20. Re: Microsoft to "non-commercial" developers: Would you please workfor me for free?

    On Jun 6, 7:45 pm, "Ezekiel" wrote:
    > "Ramon F Herrera" wrote in messagenews:38873798-9b3a-41a8-b672-a9bf8a2df40a@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

    > >> Aren't everyone participating in the Olympics "amateurs"? No one
    > >> seems to whine about calling them that.

    > >> Steve

    > > Lawyers may perform pro-bono, do charity work, etc. That doesn't mean
    > > that they should be called "amateurs". It is not a matter of whining,
    > > it is a matter of accuracy and *truth*.

    > > Microsoft is an an unattainable position, bordering in absurdity. They
    > > are in essence asking people to invest their time and other resources
    > > doing work that ultimately increases the convicted company's bottom
    > > line.

    > > I have absolutely nothing against working for free: see above lawyer
    > > example, working for the common good, for a worthy cause, etc.

    > > However, doing free work for a for-profit corporation falls somewhere
    > > between utter stupidity and the ultimate act of brown-nosing. It shows
    > > that the volunteer worker has zero self-esteem or dignity.

    > Sounds like a very accurate description of the majority of the FOSS
    > developers. They do the work... mostly for free.

    Linux is *mine*, Firefox is *mine*, the FSF is *mine*, Java is *mine*,
    Apache is *mine*, etc.

    My name happens to be in the thank-you section of several OSS
    packages. I will help build a bridge or a barn (like the Amish) or
    whatever when it benefits the whole town.

    You clowns cannot make a single statement, filling the blank:

    " is mine"

    Because not even your personality, let alone dignity belongs to you.

    -Ramon