[News] [Rival] Windows Users Revolt for Windows XP - Linux

  1. [News] [Rival] Windows Users Revolt for Windows XP

    Microsoft denies it's running call-in 'save XP' petition

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After a popular technology Web site reported that Microsoft Corp. was logging
    | calls from customers who requested that the company extend the retail
    | availability of Windows XP, some users claimed that they couldn't get through
    | to the support lines.
    |
    | Today, however, Microsoft denied that it organized any kind of call-in
    | petition and pleaded with users not to dial its technical support numbers to
    | ask for an XP extension.
    |
    | On Friday, Neowin.net posted a notice titled "Microsoft Taking Official
    | Petitions to Keep XP Alive" that claimed Microsoft has been tallying calls
    | made to the support lines.
    `----

    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9093478

    How to Get and Keep Windows XP After June 30

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...1/article.html

    Recent:

    Going out of business sale! Buy XP before it’s too late!

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I don’t recall ever seeing any company advertising the ‘old’ product over
    | the ‘new’ product so strongly before, but Vista’s stink has grown so strong
    | that it makes good business sense to promote XP over Vista. Has anyone ever
    | been actually able to make a solid case for using Vista over XP? I haven’t
    | seen one.
    `----

    http://blogs.computerworld.com/going...e_its_too_late

    Related:

    | Financial Times Deutschland on Monday. *

    | Lenovo.

    `----

    http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/...SS&NewsID=9579

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Users Revolt for Windows XP

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht

    > Microsoft denies it's running call-in 'save XP' petition

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows