Packet processor gains commercial Linux support

,----[ Quote ]
| Wind River announced plans to port its commercially supported Linux
| distribution to a dual-core, ARM11-based network processor from fabless
| chip-maker Mindspeed Technologies. Mindspeed's Comcerto 100 broadband
| processor clocks at 450MHz, and targets voice-enabled CPE (customer premises
| equipment) for SOHOs (small-office, home-offices) and SMBs (small-to
| medium-sized businesses).
`----

Timesys Announces Real Time Linux Support for Atmel Microprocessors

,----[ Quote ]
| “The community has made great strides with respect to real time Linux
| performance,” said Greg Quiggle, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for
| Timesys
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...12&newsLang=en

Recent:

Finally, Secure Real-Time on the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, secure real-time scheduling on the Linux desktop can be become a
| reality. Linux 2.6.25 gained Real-Time Group Scheduling, a feature which
| allows to limit the amount of CPU time real-time processes and threads may
| consume. *
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/cgr...d-rtwatch.html

Related:

"Real-time" Linux supports popular PowerPC SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista has ported its newest "real-time" capable embedded Linux operating
| system to a PowerPC SoC (system-on-chip) targeting secure networking and
| pervasive computing applications. MontaVista's Linux Professional Edition 5.0
| is claimed to offer the "first real-time Linux" for AMCC's 440EPx SoC.
`----

MontaVista to Provide Real-Time Linux on AMCC Power Architecture CPUs

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Software has said that the company is partnering with chip maker
| AMCC to provide design teams and developers planning projects on Power
| Architecture platforms
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/e...hitecture-cpus

Concurrent Introduces Real-Time Linux Solution for Mission-Critical VME
Applications

,----[ Quoet ]
| At the heart of each iHawk solution is Concurrent's RedHawk Linux
| real-time operating system. Compatible with the popular Red Hat
| Linux distribution, RedHawk features high I/O throughput, fast
| response to external events and optimized interprocess communication.
| RedHawk is the ideal Linux environment for complex real-time
| applications.
`----

http://www.vmecritical.com/news/db/?5225

Paper compares real-time Linux, traditional RTOS

,----[ Quote ]
`----