Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Innovation(tm) in Windows 7

    On 2008-06-10, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    >>* Ron House peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> The source code for the kernel.

    >> Notice how ol' Zeke sticks in a weasel word to cover his ass: "copied".

    > It's the same word that the "advocates" use whenever they claim that
    > Microsoft never innovated anything. So where's the list of all these great
    > new innovations from the FOSS community???? Everything I've ever seen in

    This is a red herring since our arguments don't depend on that.

    We don't whine about any nonsense like "freedom to innovate".

    Many of us being trained in computing understand how ideas flow
    from one type of platform to another and aren't quite so hung up
    on "yesterdays latest idea" because we all know that a lot of this
    stuff has much deeper roots.

    [deletia]

    Copying is how all progress occurs.

    This is why copyright laws exist to encourage people to publish their stuff.

    Everyone gets to feed off of everyone else.

    --

    iTunes is not progressive. It's a throwback. |||
    / | \

  2. Re: Innovation(tm) in Windows 7

    * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-06-10, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> It's the same word that the "advocates" use whenever they claim that
    >> Microsoft never innovated anything. So where's the list of all these great
    >> new innovations from the FOSS community???? Everything I've ever seen in

    > This is a red herring since our arguments don't depend on that.

    Tweak the Zeke! Many people like to.

    --
    If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.
    -- Bill Gates

  3. Re: Innovation(tm) in Windows 7

    On 2008-06-11, Linonut wrote:
    > * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-06-10, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>>
    >>> It's the same word that the "advocates" use whenever they claim that
    >>> Microsoft never innovated anything. So where's the list of all these great
    >>> new innovations from the FOSS community???? Everything I've ever seen in

    >> This is a red herring since our arguments don't depend on that.

    > Tweak the Zeke! Many people like to.

    You should put "Tweak the Zeke!" on a T-shirt...

    --

    iTunes is not progressive. It's a throwback. |||
    / | \

  4. Re: Innovation(tm) in Windows 7

    Homer wrote:

    > Show me something in /any/ modern OS that isn't copied from something
    > older. As for /theft/ ... that's /Microsoft's/ forté, not Linux's.

    "Vista is introducing alot of new features and I'm pretty sure we can (or
    will very shortly) replicate most of those features in Ubuntu."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2