[News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC - Linux ; BBC website £36m 'overspend' ,----[ Quote ] | THE BBC went almost £36 million over the intended budget for bbc.co.uk in the | past year, it was disclosed today. `---- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ss=yes?rss=yes How much did the MSBBC let Microsoft steal while ...

  1. [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

    BBC website £36m 'overspend'

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | THE BBC went almost £36 million over the intended budget for bbc.co.uk in the
    | past year, it was disclosed today.
    `----

    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ss=yes?rss=yes

    How much did the MSBBC let Microsoft steal while creating total vendor/platform
    lock-in (answer below, along with a lie)?

    Recent:

    BBC iPlayer protest report

    | First on site with me is Tom Chance, Green Party spokesperson on Free
    | Software. He has organized for Dr Derek Wall, lead spokesperson for the Green
    | Party to join us and make some statements about BBC iPlayer and the Microsoft
    | lock-in it establishes. *
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | We have 1500 fliers to distribute, that focus on the key issue with the
    | iPlayer, and why $130 Million and 4 years of development don't get you much
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | when you choose Microsoft DRM. *
    `----

    http://www.defectivebydesign.org/blo...rProtestReport

    BBC Director General grilled by MPs on iPlayer

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | During the meeting there is discussion of iPlayer’s total cost to the licence
    | fee-payer - the BBC representatives are unable to give a figure, but start
    | the bidding at £20m, excluding staff costs. Thomson gives incorrect
    | information - that Mac and Linux versions of iPlayer have the same
    | functionality as Windows versions - and has to change his evidence at the
    | end. Perhaps it was this confusion that prompted Dr John Pugh MP to follow up
    | the encounter with a letter direct to Mark Thomson today discussing platform
    | neutrality in greater detail. A copy of this letter has been passed to the
    | Open Rights Group. * * * *
    `----

    http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2008/...ps-on-iplayer/

  2. Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

    On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 05:37:24 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > BBC iPlayer protest report

    The BBC doesn't give a hoot about an insignificant number of unwashed
    bearded Linux masses.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

    "Roy Schestowitz" schreef in bericht
    > BBC website £36m 'overspend'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | THE BBC went almost £36 million over the intended budget for bbc.co.uk
    > in the
    > | past year, it was disclosed today.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ss=yes?rss=yes
    >
    > How much did the MSBBC let Microsoft

    been created.
    * alt.crimehip.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.emircpih.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.flame.ms-windows
    * alt.h.i.p.c.r.i.m.e.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h0pcr0me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h1pcr1me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.h2pcr2me.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipclone.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.hipcrime.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.microsoft.crash.crash.crash
    * alt.microsoft.sucks
    * alt.os.windows95.crash.crash.crash
    * comp.misc.microsoft.sucks
    * microsoft.sucks.
    * sk.sux.microsoft
    Fsck you arsehole troll
    *PLONK*

  4. Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll

  5. Re: [News] [SOT] Another Miserable Failure for MSBBC

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:
    > BBC website 36m 'overspend'
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| THE BBC went almost 36 million over the intended budget for bbc.co.uk in the
    >| past year, it was disclosed today.
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....ss=yes?rss=yes
    >
    > How much did the MSBBC let Microsoft steal while creating total vendor/platform
    > lock-in (answer below, along with a lie)?

    Well, Ashley Highfield lost his job over it, which is a salient warning
    to any others who wish to indulge in such corruption.