Tax on Linux internet usage? - Linux

This is a discussion on Tax on Linux internet usage? - Linux ; http://www.reuters.com/article/indus...35796120080604 Top cable companies try reining in heavy web use Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:06pm EDT By Kenneth Li NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top U.S. cable operators Comcast Corp and Time Warner Cable Inc will begin testing ways this week ...

  1. Tax on Linux internet usage?

    http://www.reuters.com/article/indus...35796120080604

    Top cable companies try reining in heavy web use
    Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:06pm EDT

    By Kenneth Li

    NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top U.S. cable operators Comcast Corp and Time
    Warner Cable Inc will begin testing ways this week to limit
    individual subscribers who use the largest amount of Internet
    capacity in an effort to protect their high-speed networks.

    . . .

    Some technology blogs have criticized the new pricing structure and
    usage limits, which they said would curtail interest in viewing
    videos online and enrage consumers who currently pay for unlimited
    service.

    I know my family complains when my Linux box sucks up all the bandwidth
    from their Windows machines!

    Maybe they should call it "net neutering"?

    --
    I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of
    that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.

  2. Re: Tax on Linux internet usage?

    Linonut wrote:
    > http://www.reuters.com/article/indus...35796120080604
    >
    > Top cable companies try reining in heavy web use
    > Tue Jun 3, 2008 7:06pm EDT
    >
    > By Kenneth Li
    >
    > NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top U.S. cable operators Comcast Corp and Time
    > Warner Cable Inc will begin testing ways this week to limit
    > individual subscribers who use the largest amount of Internet
    > capacity in an effort to protect their high-speed networks.
    >
    > . . .
    >
    > Some technology blogs have criticized the new pricing structure and
    > usage limits, which they said would curtail interest in viewing
    > videos online and enrage consumers who currently pay for unlimited
    > service.
    >
    > I know my family complains when my Linux box sucks up all the bandwidth
    > from their Windows machines!
    >
    > Maybe they should call it "net neutering"?

    Why does you linux box suck up all the bandwidth?

+ Reply to Thread