[News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

    > Channel Insider Names Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2008 Product of the
    > Year

    And RHEL essentially shares the same codebase as Fedora.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    `----

    11:05:53 up 165 days, 7:41, 6 users, load average: 0.46, 0.27, 0.16

  3. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:06:13 +0100, Homer wrote:

    >> Channel Insider Names Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2008 Product of the
    >> Year

    > And RHEL essentially shares the same codebase as Fedora.

    Along with all the freezes and hangs /lockups that the Fedora 9 people are
    having..

    Good self nuke.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

    Homer wrote:

    >> Channel Insider Names Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2008 Product of the
    >> Year

    > And RHEL essentially shares the same codebase as Fedora.

    Yes, you should be proud of that locking/hanging/freezing/glitchy mess that
    totally fails at its own mission:

    Official objective of the Fedora Project: "To emphasize usability and a
    "just works" philosophy in default configurations and feature designs."

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives

    Real-life user experiences:

    * "broken","sucks",fails the 'just works' test
    * "Every site i've been to is full of people with problems installing this
    system."
    * "I too experienced the no-visible-cursor in Fedora 8, plus the resolution
    problem, plus an inability to install any updates or additional software"
    * "...upgrade causing all USB ports to go dead and the cursor to disappear"
    * "Could not get sound working on laptop"
    * "Far too many bugs"
    * "...sick of having to deal with hundreds of errors for every stupid little
    package."
    * "Broken for me too, Fedora 8 is the only distro I've tried recently that
    had an invisible cursor."

    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

    Arriving email freezes system when a game is playing. LMAO!!!
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    "1) System randomly log's me off
    2) System randomly locks up
    3) I cant do system updates, it starts but then just the Update app freezes
    up
    4) Cant enable Desktop Effects"

    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    Random lockups, hard-boot required
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    "Try Fedora 9. I've got about 33 minutes out of this install so far ..."
    #99 at
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=10

    It's crapware, and that's why many Fedora users (virtually all I would
    guess) refuse to switch to Linux.

    In their own words:

    * Better support for my external peripherals, USB2, Firewire, etc.
    Camcorders, digital cams, external drives and card readers.

    * XP provides a faster desktop environment that is more stable than Gnome or
    KDE."

    * the [Linux] desktop environments just aren't there yet.

    * it just feels wrong to me to pay to run a game on Linux when I can just
    flick to Windows and have a better experience for free

    * I wouldn't see myself using gimp over CS for anything remotely
    professional.

    * My printer is *paperweight* in linux

    * My webcam doesn't work under Linux

    * Installing software and getting things to work in linux is sometimes
    slower

    * XP in non-Fisher Price mode definitely boots faster than linux

    * the various video players in Linux are still buggy at times.

    * [Linux] apps difficult to use and idiosyncratic

    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...Fedora+freezes

  5. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:06:13 +0100, Homer wrote:

    >>> Channel Insider Names Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2008 Product of the
    >>> Year

    >> And RHEL essentially shares the same codebase as Fedora.

    > Along with all the freezes and hangs /lockups that the Fedora 9 people are
    > having..
    >
    > Good self nuke.....

    I guess that's why RHEL is so successful. RHEL, you know... the distro
    Oracle is cloning...

  6. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

  7. Re: [News] Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named Product of the Year

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll