Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software - Linux ; Adam Albright wrote: >Of course Frank never lets facts get in the way of his obvious hatred >of all things Linux which itself proves Frank is bigoted, racist, foul >mouth little turd that we just loves to kick around for ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

  1. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Adam Albright wrote:

    >Of course Frank never lets facts get in the way of his obvious hatred
    >of all things Linux which itself proves Frank is bigoted, racist, foul
    >mouth little turd that we just loves to kick around for the heck of it
    >because you can bet the farm this retard is wrong 99% of the time
    >regardless the topic.


    He's definitely plonk-worthy...


  2. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>
    >>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>
    >>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>
    >>> *plonk*

    >>
    >>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.

    >
    > Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)


    I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .

    --
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't
    lose.
    -- Bill Gates, The Road Ahead (1995)

  3. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Linonut writes:

    > * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>>
    >>>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>>
    >>>> *plonk*
    >>>
    >>>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.

    >>
    >> Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)

    >
    > I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .


    *boggle*

    What????????????????

  4. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:


    >> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy using
    >> Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.


    Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.

    IMO you and your imaginary artist friend are simply bigots, which makes
    your assertion that I am a "radical" quite hypocritical.

    > Yeah. All those people that have pirated Photoshop are professional
    > artists.


    Nearly everyone I know who uses Photoshop is using an unlicensed copy.
    After Windows itself, it's probably the No2 "pirated" software.

    >> Think of it this way, you are hanging a picture on a wall. Do you
    >> really need a $150.00 hammer with a carbon fiber handle? Would you
    >> even know the difference between that one or the $3.99 Dollar
    >> Heaven Special?
    >>
    >> Probably not.
    >>
    >> A person who is a professional carpenter will though which is why
    >> he will more than likely have a much higher grade ($$$$$$$) of
    >> tools than you will.


    It's a very naive outlook to make a directly proportional correlation
    between price and quality, especially when what one is paying for is the
    fictitious element of Intellectual Property delivered in a facsimile
    copy (i.e. a commercial license for proprietary software).

    Such things have zero inherent value, and indeed /no/ products have any
    inherent value beyond material costs. The marked-up prices we pay for
    the goods we buy are determined by the number of intermediaries used to
    deliver those products to consumers, and market research used to
    determine the maximum price that can be squeezed out of consumers before
    they complain and go to a competing product.

    The concept of monetary value is, much like the concept of "Intellectual
    Property", purely fictitious.

    IMHO the couple of extra features in Photoshop are simply not worth over
    a thousand dollars ... to me or anyone else, and losing my Freedom is
    not worth even an additional /penny/.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | 'When it comes to knowledge, "ownership" just doesn't make sense'
    | ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian. http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8
    `----

    Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.23.8-63.fc8
    16:34:21 up 165 days, 13:10, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.06

  5. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Homer writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    >> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >
    >>> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy using
    >>> Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.

    >
    > Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.
    >


    The proof is that the professionals choose to pay for Photoshop you
    raving idiot.

  6. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:15:20 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>>
    >>>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>>
    >>>> *plonk*
    >>>
    >>>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.

    >>
    >> Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)

    >
    > I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .


    Are all the Linux advocates in this group homosexuals?
    It sure seems that way.

    I think Linonut has a crush on Hadron.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  7. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:31:32 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Linonut wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>>
    >>>>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> *plonk*
    >>>>
    >>>>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.
    >>>
    >>> Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)

    >>
    >> I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .

    >
    > *boggle*
    >
    > What????????????????


    I think Linonut has a crush on you.

    Watch out!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  8. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:34:44 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    >> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >
    >>> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy using
    >>> Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.

    >
    > Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.


    He probably can.
    Why he would want to is another reason.

    It's like having to frame a house 8 hours a day with a $1.99 hammer.

    > IMO you and your imaginary artist friend are simply bigots, which makes
    > your assertion that I am a "radical" quite hypocritical.


    You're a radical nut [Homer].
    Your rantings are more than enough to substantiate that claim.

    >> Yeah. All those people that have pirated Photoshop are professional
    >> artists.

    >
    > Nearly everyone I know who uses Photoshop is using an unlicensed copy.
    > After Windows itself, it's probably the No2 "pirated" software.


    You are obviously hanging around with the wrong friends.
    Oh well, the apples don't fall far from the tree.

    BTW why aren't they using Gimp?


    >>> Think of it this way, you are hanging a picture on a wall. Do you
    >>> really need a $150.00 hammer with a carbon fiber handle? Would you
    >>> even know the difference between that one or the $3.99 Dollar
    >>> Heaven Special?
    >>>
    >>> Probably not.
    >>>
    >>> A person who is a professional carpenter will though which is why
    >>> he will more than likely have a much higher grade ($$$$$$$) of
    >>> tools than you will.

    >
    > It's a very naive outlook to make a directly proportional correlation
    > between price and quality, especially when what one is paying for is the
    > fictitious element of Intellectual Property delivered in a facsimile
    > copy (i.e. a commercial license for proprietary software).


    It must have taken you am hour to come up with that paragraph of paranoia.
    Look, people want to get work done.
    They use the best tool, this is even more so for professionals.
    Linux or Gimp is obviously NOT the best tool or people would be using it.



    > Such things have zero inherent value, and indeed /no/ products have any
    > inherent value beyond material costs. The marked-up prices we pay for
    > the goods we buy are determined by the number of intermediaries used to
    > deliver those products to consumers, and market research used to
    > determine the maximum price that can be squeezed out of consumers before
    > they complain and go to a competing product.


    Linux is free..
    So why aren't people using it?



    > The concept of monetary value is, much like the concept of "Intellectual
    > Property", purely fictitious.


    Tell that to Mark Kent:


    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

    Mark Kent
    Head of Technology Strategy

    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

    https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com...10ba73b82dbdb4

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dbox_Demo.pptx



    > IMHO the couple of extra features in Photoshop are simply not worth over
    > a thousand dollars ... to me or anyone else, and losing my Freedom is
    > not worth even an additional /penny/.


    So there you sit unemployed with your basement ware.
    Good luck.


    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:06:05 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Homer writes:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    >>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>
    >>>> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy using
    >>>> Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.

    >>
    >> Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.
    >>

    >
    > The proof is that the professionals choose to pay for Photoshop you
    > raving idiot.


    Did you read that rant from [homer] the loony?

    He needs help.

    The paranoia is taking over.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Hadron wrote:
    > Homer writes:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    >>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >>>> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy using
    >>>> Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.

    >> Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.
    >>

    >
    > The proof is that the professionals choose to pay for Photoshop you
    > raving idiot.


    .... including, of course, the professionals using FilmGimp/Cinepaint.

  11. Re: Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Jun 2, 7:07*pm, "Canuck57" wrote:
    > "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >
    > news:89lnj8n77a38.11mpq1ebngtzj.dlg@40tude.net...
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:19:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >
    > >>| John Nash, network manager and head of ICT for SIA, said: "This academic
    > >>| year, rather than using proprietary software, what we've done is be
    > >>slightly
    > >>| different and use things like the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
    > >>| instead of Photoshop, Scribus for desktop publishing and InkScape, which
    > >>is a
    > >>| full, scalable vector graphics program."

    >
    > > Yea, that will look great on a resume .

    >
    > > I can see it now:

    >
    > > Interviewer: "Do you have any Photoshop experience?"

    >
    > > Job Applicant: " Well I've been using Gimp"

    >
    > > Interviewer: " You don't seem like a Gimp to me. Why are you so hard on
    > > yourself?"

    >
    > > Job Applicant: "No, no no. I didn't say I *am* a Gimp, I said I *use*
    > > Gimp.

    >
    > > It's a *GNU* program.

    >
    > > Interviewer: Oh I see. So it's *new*? What happened to the old version?

    >
    > > Well leave your resume with the secretary and we will be in touch.

    >
    > Or it could go....
    >
    > Interviewer: Hey, can you teach us?
    >
    > Job Applicant: Yep, no problem.
    >
    > Interviewer: When can you start?


    Interviewer.. - you say its Free!?

    Job Applicant: Yep,

    Interviewer.. - And it does virtyally Everythig a $600 Copy of
    photoshop will..

    Job Applicant: Yep; I can save you a Bunch of dough.. !

    Interviewer.. - so when you can you start !
    -

  12. Re: Another School Turns to Free Software


    >"harvey" wrote in message
    >news:fb4b01a6-05f7-4b9d-978e-e7a6ae8c38bb@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...


    >"Interviewer.. - you say its Free!?


    >"Job Applicant: Yep,


    >"Interviewer.. - And it does virtyally Everythig a $600 Copy of
    >"photoshop will..


    >"Job Applicant: Yep; I can save you a Bunch of dough.. !


    >"Interviewer.. - so when you can you start !
    >"-



    HAHAHAHAHA another turd gurgling linsux lying fool



  13. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software


    "Linonut" wrote in message
    news:6lc1k.4449$UF5.2768@bignews8.bellsouth.net...
    >* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>
    >>>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>>
    >>>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>>
    >>>> *plonk*
    >>>
    >>>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.

    >>
    >> Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)

    >
    > I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .
    >

    You are a sick MF



  14. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    "relic" schreef in bericht
    news:484477d4$0$3357$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>
    >>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>
    >>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>
    >>> *plonk*

    >>
    >> No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.

    >
    > Nonsense. There's no such thing as a bad chrisv.
    >




    *UNPLONKED*











  15. Re: Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:38:42 -0700 (PDT), harvey wrote:

    > On Jun 2, 7:07*pm, "Canuck57" wrote:
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:89lnj8n77a38.11mpq1ebngtzj.dlg@40tude.net...
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:19:34 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>
    >>>>| John Nash, network manager and head of ICT for SIA, said: "This academic
    >>>>| year, rather than using proprietary software, what we've done is be
    >>>>slightly
    >>>>| different and use things like the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
    >>>>| instead of Photoshop, Scribus for desktop publishing and InkScape, which
    >>>>is a
    >>>>| full, scalable vector graphics program."

    >>
    >>> Yea, that will look great on a resume .

    >>
    >>> I can see it now:

    >>
    >>> Interviewer: "Do you have any Photoshop experience?"

    >>
    >>> Job Applicant: " Well I've been using Gimp"

    >>
    >>> Interviewer: " You don't seem like a Gimp to me. Why are you so hard on
    >>> yourself?"

    >>
    >>> Job Applicant: "No, no no. I didn't say I *am* a Gimp, I said I *use*
    >>> Gimp.

    >>
    >>> It's a *GNU* program.

    >>
    >>> Interviewer: Oh I see. So it's *new*? What happened to the old version?

    >>
    >>> Well leave your resume with the secretary and we will be in touch.

    >>
    >> Or it could go....
    >>
    >> Interviewer: Hey, can you teach us?
    >>
    >> Job Applicant: Yep, no problem.
    >>
    >> Interviewer: When can you start?

    >
    > Interviewer.. - you say its Free!?
    >
    > Job Applicant: Yep,
    >
    > Interviewer.. - And it does virtyally Everythig a $600 Copy of
    > photoshop will..
    >
    > Job Applicant: Yep; I can save you a Bunch of dough.. !
    >
    > Interviewer.. - so when you can you start !


    Are you from "Brooklyn" ?



    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:59:45 -0400, upyurbuttoo wrote:

    > "Linonut" wrote in message
    > news:6lc1k.4449$UF5.2768@bignews8.bellsouth.net...
    >>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Linonut wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>* chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>>>
    >>>>> some idiot forging chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>> chrisv wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> They probably should. But, not some obscure junk like 'Gimp'.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Ignore the forger.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Erm... Isn't that you?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> *plonk*
    >>>>
    >>>>No. Astraweb ==> bad chrisv, Giganews ==> good chrisv.
    >>>
    >>> Shouldn't that say "Giganews ==> great chrisv"? 8)

    >>
    >> I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee .
    >>

    > You are a sick MF


    At the very least.....

    Some of these Linux loons sure are a little odd....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Homer writes:
    >>> Verily I say unto thee, that Rick spake thusly:
    >>>> On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:04:48 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:


    >>>>> You want to because you are a radical with an agenda. The guy
    >>>>> using Photoshop is an artist who wants to earn a living.
    >>> Prove that he can't earn a living with Free Software.
    >>>

    >> The proof is that the professionals choose to pay for Photoshop you
    >> raving idiot.


    Bigoted conjecture is not proof, especially when it comes from a well
    documented and proven moron like you, Hardup.

    > ... including, of course, the professionals using FilmGimp/Cinepaint.


    That would be the biggest and most successful professional artists of
    all ... pretty much all of Hollywood.

    Case closed.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | 'When it comes to knowledge, "ownership" just doesn't make sense'
    | ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian. http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8
    `----

    Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.23.8-63.fc8
    20:15:57 up 165 days, 16:51, 6 users, load average: 0.43, 0.40, 0.41

  18. Re: [News] Another School Turns to Free Software

    some idiot forging chrisv wrote:

    >"relic" schreef in bericht
    >news:484477d4$0$3357$4c368faf@roadrunner.com...
    >>
    >> Nonsense. There's no such thing as a bad chrisv.


    How nice.

    >
    >*UNPLONKED*


    I think I will unplonk him - give him another chance.


  19. Re: Another School Turns to Free Software

    On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:56:19 -0400, "upyurbuttoo"
    wrote:

    >
    >>"harvey" wrote in message
    >>news:fb4b01a6-05f7-4b9d-978e-e7a6ae8c38bb@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - you say its Free!?

    >
    >>"Job Applicant: Yep,

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - And it does virtyally Everythig a $600 Copy of
    >>"photoshop will..

    >
    >>"Job Applicant: Yep; I can save you a Bunch of dough.. !

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - so when you can you start !
    >>"-

    >
    >
    >HAHAHAHAHA another turd gurgling linsux lying fool


    Yep, you're related to Frank alright. You just had to laugh and you
    can't spell worth a **** either. Dead give away. That's Frank's blood
    line. It's spelled Linux, not linsux.


  20. Re: Another School Turns to Free Software

    On 2008-06-03, upyurbuttoo wrote:
    >
    >>"harvey" wrote in message
    >>news:fb4b01a6-05f7-4b9d-978e-e7a6ae8c38bb@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com...

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - you say its Free!?

    >
    >>"Job Applicant: Yep,

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - And it does virtyally Everythig a $600 Copy of
    >>"photoshop will..

    >
    >>"Job Applicant: Yep; I can save you a Bunch of dough.. !

    >
    >>"Interviewer.. - so when you can you start !
    >>"-

    >
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHA another turd gurgling linsux lying fool


    Oh Linsux troll, I love you!

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast