Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled? - Linux ; "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message news:1dabh5-ohv.ln1@spankywork.localhost.net... > On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:38:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote: > >> In article , >> Sinister Midget wrote: >>> But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually >>> ...

  1. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    > On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:38:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> Sinister Midget wrote:
    >>> But not responding is still a lot better method because they eventually
    >>> [get fired|miss the attention] and go away. If they get fired they
    >>> won't be back, not even as a sock. If they go away, they'll probably

    >> Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that someone were being paid to
    >> post here to discourage Linux adoption. Given the choice between a
    >> thread that looks like this:
    >>
    >> Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >>
    >> Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >>
    >> Linux advocate: Nope, and here's why....
    >>
    >> and a thread that looks like this:
    >>
    >> Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >>
    >> Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >>
    >> [silence from Linux advocates]
    >>
    >> Do you really think the people paying the anti-advocate are going to be
    >> displeased with the later!?

    > If I were paying them, I would be incensed at most of them.
    >

    > "What, you let it get into the record, not once but dozens of times, that
    > your argument about web stats is complete and utter bull****... yet

    Yet when liars like Roy Schestowitz post "web stats" that either show linux
    or Firefox in a positive light then neither you or any of the other
    hypocrites complain that the stats are invalid. Even when the stats are from
    his own "BoyCott Novell" website where he claims that something like 60% of
    people are now using linux. Oh yeah... nothing wrong with those stats if
    you're a hypocrite like Kelsey.

    > you're *still making it*? We're not paying you to come across as stupid
    > or dishonest, we're paying you to come across with sound arguments.

    Sound arguments like "7" claiming that there a million new installs of linux
    every day? Those types of sound arguments that you never challenge?

    > You're failing, miserably. You're rehashing the same tired old crap and
    > you've had it shoved down your throats repeatedly. Get some new
    > material, say something which might actually justify your paycheck, or
    > get out."

    Perhaps you should tell that to your little unemployed friend named Roy
    Schestowitz. Those [related] anonymous blog posts from 1992 are in need of
    some refreshment.

  2. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:07:59 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Kelsey Bjarnason" wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:38:49 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    >>> Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that someone were being paid to
    >>> post here to discourage Linux adoption. Given the choice between a
    >>> thread that looks like this:
    >>>
    >>> Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >>>
    >>> Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >>>
    >>> Linux advocate: Nope, and here's why....
    >>>
    >>> and a thread that looks like this:
    >>>
    >>> Linux advocate: Linux is better than Windows for these reasons...
    >>>
    >>> Paid anti-advocate: No, you are wrong, and here's why...
    >>>
    >>> [silence from Linux advocates]
    >>>
    >>> Do you really think the people paying the anti-advocate are going to be
    >>> displeased with the later!?

    >> If I were paying them, I would be incensed at most of them.
    >>

    >> "What, you let it get into the record, not once but dozens of times, that
    >> your argument about web stats is complete and utter bull****... yet

    > Yet when liars like Roy Schestowitz post "web stats" that either show linux
    > or Firefox in a positive light then neither you or any of the other
    > hypocrites complain that the stats are invalid. Even when the stats are from
    > his own "BoyCott Novell" website where he claims that something like 60% of
    > people are now using linux. Oh yeah... nothing wrong with those stats if
    > you're a hypocrite like Kelsey.
    >

    >> you're *still making it*? We're not paying you to come across as stupid
    >> or dishonest, we're paying you to come across with sound arguments.

    > Sound arguments like "7" claiming that there a million new installs of linux
    > every day? Those types of sound arguments that you never challenge?
    >

    >> You're failing, miserably. You're rehashing the same tired old crap and
    >> you've had it shoved down your throats repeatedly. Get some new
    >> material, say something which might actually justify your paycheck, or
    >> get out."

    > Perhaps you should tell that to your little unemployed friend named Roy
    > Schestowitz. Those [related] anonymous blog posts from 1992 are in need of
    > some refreshment.

    All true.
    Sometimes I wonder if the disease that HPT has is catchy because the other
    Linux loons in the group seem to be getting loonier by the day.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: How many "advocates" have me killfiled?

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic