[News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed - Linux

  1. [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    Myah OS 3.0 Mouse Pro Released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The long awaited Myah OS 3.0 is here. 3.0 has been in development since 2006
    | right after the release of version 2.3. Being completely development from the
    | source up has been quite an undertaking. The initial release is the flagship
    | of the Myah OS range dubbed Mouse Pro. This name is due to the fact that it's
    | built around the XFCE 4.4 desktop, and comes with a complete development
    | environment.
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/27301

    An Interview with Anurag Bhandari, the Founder of Granular Linux

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Granular Linux Project released Granular 1.0 (Preview) on 15-03-2008. And now
    | as they are heading towards the release candidate of Granular Linux 1.0, I
    | feel it appropriate to present this interview to all of my readers and
    | GNU/Linux community.
    `----

    http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008...i-founder.html

    Recent:

    Myah OS 3.0 Beta 1 [Screenshots]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Hitting the web this week in addition to Fedora 9 Alpha, OpenSuSE 11.0 Alpha
    | 2, and Yellow Dog Linux 6.0 was the first beta release for Myah OS. This is a
    | desktop Linux distribution that is assembled via custom build scripts and its
    | own package management solution. *
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=995&num=1

    Myah OS 3.0 Beta 1 is now available

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Myah OS 3.0 Beta 1 is now available. This first beta release debuts many long
    | awaited features. Myah OS users now have the ability to Add or Update package
    | right over the Internet. It also includes a Full hard drive installer and a
    | USB live installer. *
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/23887

    Myah OS 3.0 Tech Demo 2 [Screenshots]

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the second development release for Myah OS 3.0 is Xfce updates to
    | version 4.4.1, Beryl 0.2.1, Linux 2.6.21.1, GCC 4.1.2, and many
    | other packages received updates.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=737&num=1

    Granular distro preview is worth a look

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Granular Linux is a desktop-oriented distribution based on PCLinuxOS. Its
    | primary goals are to be easy to use and user-friendly.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/130941

    Related:

    MyahOS 3.0 Tech Demo 1

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Toward the end of last week the first tech demo for the upcoming
    | MyahOS 3.0 was released. The Myah 3.0 Tech Demo 1 LiveCD is
    | optimized for i686 systems and is built using the Linux-Live
    | scripts and has a lot of new packages including the Linux
    | 2.6.20.2 kernel, GCC 4.1.2, X.Org 7.2, and Xfce 4.4.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=676&num=1

    MyahOS 2.3 -- Don't let the cute clouds fool you

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Not too long ago, I got a posting on knolinux asking me to take a look
    | at a distro called Myah OS, that typically is pretty close to the bottom
    | of the top 100.
    `----

    http://knolinux.com/2006/12/22/myah-...-fool-you.aspx

    Myah OS 3 Tech Demo 1

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Myah OS is no longer based or related to any existing linux system.
    | All packages have been compiled by me from build scripts I have
    | written.
    `----

    http://myah.org/index.php?option=com...id=30&Itemid=1

    Development Release: Granular Linux 1.0 Preview

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The first preview of Granular Linux 1.0, a desktop distribution based on
    | PCLinuxOS, has been released
    `----

    http://www.e-linux.it/news_detail.php?id=4615

    Granular FunWorks 2007 released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I am happy to announce the availability of Granular FunWorks 2007 (FW2007),
    | the DVD extension of the successful v0.90.
    `----

    http://www.granularproject.org/?q=node/73

    Granular Linux - What Am I Missing?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Granular Linux is a Linux distribution based on PCLinuxOS and features the
    | XFCE4 and KDE desktops. It appears to have been in development since about
    | the beginning of 2007 and has had one previous release. The developers of
    | Granular have recently released a test of their upcoming .90 and I thought
    | I'd see what it offered.
    `----

    http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17160

    Granular Linux 0.90 is out

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Granular Linux is an easy-to-use, desktop Linux distribution based
    | on PCLinuxOS. Its main features are a carefully selected set of
    | applications for common tasks, the ability to customise the
    | distribution, and the inclusion of two popular desktop environments
    | - the flexible KDE and the lightweight Xfce.
    `----

    http://www.granularproject.org/

  2. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 05:52:43 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Myah OS 3.0 Mouse Pro Released

    Just what the world needs, yet another Linux distribution to add to the
    already released 1000+ versions.

    So are you cheapskates going to contribute?

    http://myah.org/

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    Micoshaft fradster Moshe Goldfarb. wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    Micohaft Corporation:

    > Just what the world needs, yet another Linux distribution to add to the
    > already released 1000+ versions.

    Fsck you asshole!

    If you don't good thing to say when Linux advances, then Linux advocacy
    newsgroup is not for you!!!

    You are asstroturfing on behalf of big corporations - but the facts
    are still the following:

    Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.
    Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  4. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:32:47 GMT, 7 wrote:

    > Micoshaft fradster Moshe Goldfarb. wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    > Micohaft Corporation:
    >

    >> Just what the world needs, yet another Linux distribution to add to the
    >> already released 1000+ versions.

    > Fsck you asshole!

    What is it about Linux advocates and their obsession with deviant behavior
    such as anal sex?

    > If you don't good thing to say when Linux advances, then Linux advocacy
    > newsgroup is not for you!!!

    I've been waiting 17 years for Linux to *advance*, it hasn't.
    Still sitting at 0.6 percent of the desktop, Linux is basically on life
    support and releasing more distributions is not going to solve the problem.

    > You are asstroturfing on behalf of big corporations - but the facts
    > are still the following:

    Prove it mjcr.

    > Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    > Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    > 75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.
    > Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    Yea, yea we keep hearing this but you have yet to offer any proof.

    > That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    So is ****.
    The problem is nobody wants either of them, except maybe you....
    At least based on your initial comment in this thread.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On 2008-06-02, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:32:47 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft fradster Moshe Goldfarb. wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    >> Micohaft Corporation:
    >>

    >>> Just what the world needs, yet another Linux distribution to add to the
    >>> already released 1000+ versions.

    >> Fsck you asshole!

    > What is it about Linux advocates and their obsession with deviant behavior
    > such as anal sex?

    You seem to be the only one bringing it up actually...

    >> If you don't good thing to say when Linux advances, then Linux advocacy
    >> newsgroup is not for you!!!

    > I've been waiting 17 years for Linux to *advance*, it hasn't.
    > Still sitting at 0.6 percent of the desktop, Linux is basically on life

    You have a poor idea of what *advance* means.

    [deletia]

    I use what suits me, not what suits the guy next door, the guy down
    the street or some guy in another state or country...

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

  6. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:14:56 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:32:47 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Micoshaft fradster Moshe Goldfarb. wrote on behalf of Half Wits from
    >> Micohaft Corporation:
    >>

    >>> Just what the world needs, yet another Linux distribution to add to
    >>> the already released 1000+ versions.

    >> Fsck you asshole!

    > What is it about Linux advocates and their obsession with deviant
    > behavior such as anal sex?

    Dumbass, he's calling you an asshole. Learn to read.

    >> If you don't good thing to say when Linux advances, then Linux advocacy
    >> newsgroup is not for you!!!

    > I've been waiting 17 years for Linux to *advance*, it hasn't.

    You're a liar.

    > Still
    > sitting at 0.6 percent of the desktop, Linux is basically on life
    > support and releasing more distributions is not going to solve the
    > problem.

    You're a liar.

    >> You are asstroturfing on behalf of big corporations - but the facts are
    >> still the following:

    > Prove it mjcr.
    >
    >> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY. Linux is
    >> installed 1 million+ copies a week. 75% of all new major projects use
    >> Linux and open source. Linux is mainstream in server market and
    >> supercomputer market.

    > Yea, yea we keep hearing this but you have yet to offer any proof.
    >
    >> That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    > So is ****.

    So go eat some and die.

    > The problem is nobody wants either of them, except maybe you.... At
    > least based on your initial comment in this thread.

    You're a liar.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message

    > An Interview with Anurag Bhandari, the Founder of Granular Linux
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Granular Linux Project released Granular 1.0 (Preview) on 15-03-2008.
    > And now
    > | as they are heading towards the release candidate of Granular Linux 1.0,
    > | feel it appropriate to present this interview to all of my readers and
    > | GNU/Linux community.
    > `----
    >
    > http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008...i-founder.html

    Yawn. Some college kid trying to get his 2-minutes of fame by releasing yet
    another copy-cat distro.

    It's sad what passes for "news" these days in linux land. I suppose if
    there's no real news then Roy Schestowitz keeps his masters happy by posting
    crap like this to give the illusion that there's news about linux.

  8. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On 2008-06-02, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>

    >> An Interview with Anurag Bhandari, the Founder of Granular Linux
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Granular Linux Project released Granular 1.0 (Preview) on 15-03-2008.
    >> And now
    >> | as they are heading towards the release candidate of Granular Linux 1.0,
    >> | feel it appropriate to present this interview to all of my readers and
    >> | GNU/Linux community.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008...i-founder.html

    ....well, without you around to keep us informed we would never
    of heard about it...

    > Yawn. Some college kid trying to get his 2-minutes of fame by releasing yet
    > another copy-cat distro.
    >
    > It's sad what passes for "news" these days in linux land. I suppose if
    > there's no real news then Roy Schestowitz keeps his masters happy by posting
    > crap like this to give the illusion that there's news about linux.

    Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
    attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates |||
    the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in / | \
    events not in their control.

  9. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, JEDIDIAH

    wrote
    on Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:15:40 -0500
    :
    > On 2008-06-02, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >> "Roy Schestowitz" wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> An Interview with Anurag Bhandari, the Founder of Granular Linux
    >>>
    >>> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>> And now
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008...i-founder.html
    >>>

    > ...well, without you around to keep us informed we would never
    > of heard about it...

    One wonders what Apple might have done with this, considering

    http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/
    (2007)
    Choose a Vista

    (or
    http://movies.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ta_480x376.mov
    if one wants a direct link -- Quicktime/FAAC required in both cases).

    (The commercials are a bit vicious in spots -- one in
    particular portrays PC in a wheelchair, injured because
    of his power cord being tugged at by a wayward foot.
    Not much Linux can do about that. ;-) And of course one
    can easily replace the wheel in the above commercial --
    having about 8 choices in the case of Vista, including
    "Starter", which is a bit of a misnomer in the US market --
    with a very *large* wheel with hundreds of distro choices.
    A more realistic wheel would be more like a pie chart,
    with Ubuntu having the plurality, if I'm not mistaken.)

    [snippage]

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because vaporware only goes so far.

  10. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:09:36 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Yawn. Some college kid trying to get his 2-minutes of fame by releasing yet
    > another copy-cat distro.
    >
    > It's sad what passes for "news" these days in linux land. I suppose if
    > there's no real news then Roy Schestowitz keeps his masters happy by posting
    > crap like this to give the illusion that there's news about linux.

    With Schestowitz it's all about quantity and not quality.
    He hopes people don't actually read the links.
    Seeding Google is important to these Linux yo-yos.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  12. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  13. Re: [News] Myah OS 3.0 Released, Granular Linux Founder Interviewed

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    Don't like these posts? Stop feeding the troll