Re: The Cost of Trolling - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: The Cost of Trolling - Linux ; Jerry McBride wrote: > Windows shills... are windows shills... They > had them back in the drdos days, os/2 days and now they are working > against linux. > > Nothing new. Nobody needs to work against Linux: it's so ...

  1. Re: The Cost of Trolling

    Jerry McBride wrote:

    > Windows shills... are windows shills... They
    > had them back in the drdos days, os/2 days and now they are working
    > against linux.
    >
    > Nothing new.

    Nobody needs to work against Linux: it's so bad it's basically
    self-defeating.

    As Moshe suggested - have MS include a current Linux distro in each copy of
    XP/Vista. The more people that get exposed to Linux the better it is for
    Microsoft.

  2. Re: The Cost of Trolling

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:06:22 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Jerry McBride wrote:
    >
    >> Windows shills... are windows shills... They
    >> had them back in the drdos days, os/2 days and now they are working
    >> against linux.
    >>
    >> Nothing new.

    > Nobody needs to work against Linux: it's so bad it's basically
    > self-defeating.
    >
    > As Moshe suggested - have MS include a current Linux distro in each copy of
    > XP/Vista. The more people that get exposed to Linux the better it is for
    > Microsoft.

    I actually sent an email to Microsoft suggesting that they do just that.

    They could market it along the lines of some other products which have
    offers to buy the competitors product for the customer if they are not
    satisfied.

    Of course the Linux loons would find some reason why this is not good for
    Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: