What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course - Linux

This is a discussion on What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course - Linux ; http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on Microsoft Windows. We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. See the recent news where Google was caught astro-turfing in Australia. Google used Microsoft ...

  1. What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html

    Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on Microsoft
    Windows.

    We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and Microsoft
    Office. See the recent news where Google was caught astro-turfing in
    Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create their anonymous 38 page
    citizen compliant.

  2. Re: What do Google employees use on their server - 1 million Linux boxes of course

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html
    >
    > Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on Microsoft
    > Windows.
    >
    > We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and Microsoft
    > Office. See the recent news where Google was caught astro-turfing in
    > Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create their anonymous 38 page
    > citizen compliant.

    How long before micoshaft products are deleted from Google's desktop
    since they already run close to some 1 million Linux servers?

    Probably sooner than others.

    All the while Google revenues have increased and is at least of
    the same magnitude as Micoshaft.

    For this reason, micoshaft asstroturfers and their opinions no longer that
    important.

  3. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    Ezekiel wrote:
    > http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html
    >
    > Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on
    > Microsoft Windows.
    >
    > We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and
    > Microsoft Office. See the recent news where Google was caught
    > astro-turfing in Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create
    > their anonymous 38 page citizen compliant.

    Virtually nobody that has a choice chooses desktop Linux.

  4. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - MicrosoftWindows of course

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Ezekiel wrote:
    >> http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html
    >>
    >> Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on
    >> Microsoft Windows.
    >>
    >> We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and
    >> Microsoft Office. See the recent news where Google was caught
    >> astro-turfing in Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create
    >> their anonymous 38 page citizen compliant.

    > Virtually nobody that has a choice chooses desktop Linux.

    Lot's of people that realize they do have a choice choose Linux.

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 12:20:14 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html
    >
    > Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on Microsoft
    > Windows.
    >
    > We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and Microsoft
    > Office. See the recent news where Google was caught astro-turfing in
    > Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create their anonymous 38 page
    > citizen compliant.

    So does IBM.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - MicrosoftWindows of course

    "Rick" stated in post
    T7GdndJs2q7iYN_VnZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@supernews.com on 6/1/08 12:50 PM:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 15:19:16 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Ezekiel wrote:
    >>> http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-28-n25.html
    >>>
    >>> Look at all of the screenshots. It's clearly Firefox running on
    >>> Microsoft Windows.
    >>>
    >>> We know that senior management also uses Microsoft Windows and
    >>> Microsoft Office. See the recent news where Google was caught
    >>> astro-turfing in Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create
    >>> their anonymous 38 page citizen compliant.

    >> Virtually nobody that has a choice chooses desktop Linux.

    > Lot's of people that realize they do have a choice choose Linux.

    And yet it is not able to gain even 1% of the user base. And it is *free*.

    That is really quite telling.

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  7. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    In article , "Ezekiel"
    wrote:
    > Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create their anonymous 38 page
    > citizen compliant.

    How do we know they used Office? We know the filename ended in .doc,
    but other word processors support .doc. It is the de facto standard
    format. Heck, right now, on my Mac, I could author a .doc format
    document using:

    Word from Office
    NeoOffice or OpenOffice
    Pages
    TextEdit

    A person writing on Linux would have a similarly rich choice of tools to
    author a .doc document with.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  8. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    > In article , "Ezekiel"
    > wrote:
    >> Australia. Google used Microsoft Office to create their anonymous 38 page
    >> citizen compliant.

    > How do we know they used Office? We know the filename ended in .doc,
    > but other word processors support .doc. It is the de facto standard
    > format. Heck, right now, on my Mac, I could author a .doc format
    > document using:
    >
    > Word from Office
    > NeoOffice or OpenOffice
    > Pages
    > TextEdit
    >
    > A person writing on Linux would have a similarly rich choice of tools to
    > author a .doc document with.

    Indeed, I often use OpenOffice to create and maintain DOC, PPT, and XLS
    files, usually editing them in Open Document format, but writing them
    out in the legacy Microsoft format.

    I don't know how Google created the doc that ol' Zeke babbles about, but
    I'm sure they Google lawyers would assume they needed to write the
    documents in a Monopoly format.

    --
    The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead
    all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that

  9. Re: What do Google employees use on their desktop - Microsoft Windows of course

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic