[News] Linux Eye Candy: From Cube. to Cylinder, to Sphere - Linux

  1. [News] Linux Eye Candy: From Cube. to Cylinder, to Sphere

    Compiz and Compiz Fusion 0.7.6 out in wild

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the new features there is now a new “Static Switcher” that shows
    | thumbnails of all the open windows and moves caret instead of thumbnails.
    | Place plugin received a rewrite that enhances it’s multi-display support.
    | Gtk-window-decorator is now accesessibilit(a11y) sensitive and ezoom plugin
    | now has area zoom, helping people with disabilities to work on computer with
    | ease.
    |
    | Eye-candy? Full sphere!! I’ll let a picture talk for itself.
    `----

    http://dev.compiz-fusion.org/~cybero...6-out-in-wild/

    And look at what a great conversion tool it is:

    Going Ubuntu

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After watching this video a couple of months back, I vowed that I would
    | install Ubuntu in my Laptop this year.
    `----

    http://metheblogger.wordpress.com/20.../going-ubuntu/

    Here's the video he talks about:

    Ubuntu - Compiz Fusion - Notebook HP

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyyC...eature=related

    Related:

    Compiz is the Most Important Thing to Ever Happen to Linux.

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | If the Linux community wants to wipe Windows and Mac out of the OS business
    | all they need to do in focus all of their collective efforts on developing
    | Compiz. With the combine intelligence of hundreds of thousands of nerds we
    | could develop the most pimped out windows management system known to mankind.
    | The kids don’t want stability, they want an OS w/ rims that spin.
    `----

    http://fffff.at/compiz-is-the-most-i...appen-to-linux

    ompiz is Cool – and Why That Matters

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | One of the most vexed questions within the open source world is when, if
    | ever, GNU/Linux will take off on the desktop. Strangely, this isn't really
    | about capabilities: as someone who has Ubuntu running on both of his main
    | systems, I can attest to the fact that GNU/Linux is not just usable, it's a
    | downright pleasure to use. In fact, I constantly marvel at how transparent
    | open source has become: most of the time I'm simply not aware that I'm using
    | it – it just works. * * *
    |
    | This raises the interesting question: so what's missing? What more does open
    | source need to do in order to capture the attention of the general user? I *
    | think the answer can be found on this YouTube video. *
    `----

    http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolb...=701&blogid=14

  2. Re: [News] Linux Eye Candy: From Cube. to Cylinder, to Sphere

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 16:51:02 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Compiz and Compiz Fusion 0.7.6 out in wild

    Is it still riddled with bugs?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Linux Eye Candy: From Cube. to Cylinder, to Sphere

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic