Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant. - Linux

This is a discussion on Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant. - Linux ; http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11 ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

  2. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux not mentioned.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

    Why do you care?

    Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is declining
    becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.

    Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    --
    Rick

  3. Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:5KqdnSgxcvVUPt_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>

    > Why do you care?

    Why do you keep asking the same retarded question?

    > Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs.

    This isn't measuring what's "shipped" - it measures what people are
    actually using in the real world. According to the idiots^h^h^h "advocates"
    nobody was using Vista and most people were replacing it with XP. Seems
    that the "linux advocates" are clueless again.

    > XP is declining becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new
    > PCs.

    And more people are using Vista instead of XP.

    > Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    Talking about clueless - I see that you're too stupid to actually click on
    the links on that page. Linux is mentioned. It just doesn't show up in the
    "trends graph" because the numbers are far too small. Grow a brain and
    actually click on the link on that page that shows OS usage and you'll see
    that linux is still stuck at 0.6% marketshare even after being given away
    for FREE for about 15 years.

  4. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux not mentioned.

    Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>

    > Why do you care?
    >
    > Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is declining
    > becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.
    >
    > Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites that
    are using the New Applications counters are being measured through their
    OS. I think that we should assume that New Applications clients are vendors
    of Microsofts products. It therefore also follows that users of Linux won't
    visit these sites at all.

    Try harder Ezekiel.

  5. Re:Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>>

    >> Why do you care?
    >>
    >> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is declining
    >> becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.
    >>
    >> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.
    >>

    > This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites that
    > are using the New Applications counters are being measured through their
    > OS.

    No, it's the aggregate sum of thousands of websites that Net Applications
    partners with and is based on about 160-million visitors.

    I think that we can assume that you're making up ****.

    > It therefore also follows that users of Linux won't visit these sites at
    > all.

    It therefore follows that since you're making up lies as you go along...
    this statement is based on a fault premise.

    > Try harder Ezekiel.

    The truth hurts doesn't it. Based on 160+ million hits per month over
    thousands of websites linux barely shows up as a blip. The BBC also publicly
    disclosed that linux was far below 1% in visitors to the BBC site. But stick
    your head under that rock and pretend otherwise.

  6. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux surges.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:33:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:5KqdnSgxcvVUPt_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>>

    >> Why do you care?

    > Why do you keep asking the same retarded question?

    Why do you keep acting retarded?
    Why do you never answer?
    Why do you care?

    >> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs.

    > This isn't measuring what's "shipped" - it measures what people are
    > actually using in the real world. According to the idiots^h^h^h
    > "advocates" nobody was using Vista and most people were replacing it
    > with XP. Seems that the "linux advocates" are clueless again.

    So, you are saying increase in shipping Vista based computers won't
    translate into increased Vista use?

    >> XP is declining becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new
    >> PCs.

    > And more people are using Vista instead of XP.

    Ya think?

    >> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    > Talking about clueless - I see that you're too stupid to actually click
    > on the links on that page. Linux is mentioned. It just doesn't show up
    > in the "trends graph" because the numbers are far too small. Grow a
    > brain and actually click on the link on that page that shows OS usage
    > and you'll see that linux is still stuck at 0.6% marketshare even after
    > being given away for FREE for about 15 years.

    If the market is growing, and Linux maintains a .6% share, then Linux
    usage is growing. Same % of bigger pie equals bigger slice. But Linux
    didn't just maintain its share, did it?

    And you also know that this "Linux is free, why won't people use it?"
    line of you and flatfarb is pure BS. Why do you keep spouting it? People,
    in general, want to use what they are used to. If they switch operating
    systems, they want their programs to work. They want to be sure their
    data will transfer. They don't kow any better.

    And, according to your research, Linux was at .46% in July 200, .63% in
    December 2007, and .68% in May 2008. That seems to be some hefty growth
    to me. 147%?

    And thanks for pointing out that Windows dropped from 91.57% to 90.31%,
    while Macs and Linux grew in percentage.

    Did you actually intend to post positive numbers for the Mac and Linux at
    Windows' expense?

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux not mentioned.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 14:36:53 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>>

    >> Why do you care?
    >>
    >> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is declining
    >> becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.
    >>
    >> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.
    >>

    > This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites
    > that are using the New Applications counters are being measured through
    > their OS. I think that we should assume that New Applications clients
    > are vendors of Microsofts products. It therefore also follows that users
    > of Linux won't visit these sites at all.
    >
    > Try harder Ezekiel.

    If you look at the month/year links, it does show Linux growing from .46%
    to .68% while showing Windows, overall, dropping a few points. So Linux
    is growing in an expanding market, and Widows seems to be shrinking.

    And this is posted by Ezekiel. Will wonders never cease?

    --
    Rick

  8. Re:Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:50:56 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "SomeBloke" wrote in message
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> Why do you care?
    >>>
    >>> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is
    >>> declining becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.
    >>>
    >>> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.
    >>>

    >> This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites
    >> that are using the New Applications counters are being measured through
    >> their OS.

    > No, it's the aggregate sum of thousands of websites that Net
    > Applications partners with and is based on about 160-million visitors.

    .... and it shows Windows usage falling.

    >> I think that we should assume that New Applications clients are vendors
    >> of Microsofts products.

    > I think that we can assume that you're making up ****.
    >

    >> It therefore also follows that users of Linux won't visit these sites
    >> at all.

    > It therefore follows that since you're making up lies as you go along...
    > this statement is based on a fault premise.
    >

    >> Try harder Ezekiel.

    > The truth hurts doesn't it. Based on 160+ million hits per month over
    > thousands of websites linux barely shows up as a blip. The BBC also
    > publicly disclosed that linux was far below 1% in visitors to the BBC
    > site. But stick your head under that rock and pretend otherwise.

    It shows that Linux usage grew substantially while Windows usage fell.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux stagnant.

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:5KqdnSQxcvWfL9_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 14:36:53 +0100, SomeBloke wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:

    >>> Why do you care?
    >>>
    >>> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs. XP is declining
    >>> becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new PCs.
    >>>
    >>> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.
    >>>

    >> This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites
    >> that are using the New Applications counters are being measured through
    >> their OS. I think that we should assume that New Applications clients
    >> are vendors of Microsofts products. It therefore also follows that users
    >> of Linux won't visit these sites at all.
    >>
    >> Try harder Ezekiel.

    > If you look at the month/year links, it does show Linux growing from .46%
    > to .68% while showing Windows, overall, dropping a few points. So Linux
    > is growing in an expanding market, and Widows seems to be shrinking.

    The linux numbers are so low that they fall within the statistical noise
    (aka - margin of error). In Jan it was 0.64% then in Feb it was 0.65% but
    in March it fell to 0.61%. Then it bounced back to 0.63% and 0.68% but the
    numbers are so low that noise and statistical inaccuracies become a huge
    factor in these micro-percentage gains.

  10. Re: Linux usage grows. Mac usage grows. Windows stagnant.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:39:20 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:5KqdnSQxcvWfL9_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites
    >>> that are using the New Applications counters are being measured
    >>> through their OS. I think that we should assume that New Applications
    >>> clients are vendors of Microsofts products. It therefore also follows
    >>> that users of Linux won't visit these sites at all.
    >>>
    >>> Try harder Ezekiel.

    >> If you look at the month/year links, it does show Linux growing from
    >> .46% to .68% while showing Windows, overall, dropping a few points. So
    >> Linux is growing in an expanding market, and Widows seems to be
    >> shrinking.

    > The linux numbers are so low that they fall within the statistical noise
    > (aka - margin of error). In Jan it was 0.64% then in Feb it was 0.65%
    > but in March it fell to 0.61%. Then it bounced back to 0.63% and 0.68%
    > but the numbers are so low that noise and statistical inaccuracies
    > become a huge factor in these micro-percentage gains.

    In 7/07 it was .46%. In 5/08 it was .68%.

    Windows usage fell. Mac usage grew. Deal with it.

    --
    Rick

  11. Re: Re:Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:5KqdnSExcvUXKd_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:50:56 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "SomeBloke" wrote in message

    >>> This is a useless assessment of OS usage as only visitors to websites
    >>> that are using the New Applications counters are being measured through
    >>> their OS.

    >> No, it's the aggregate sum of thousands of websites that Net
    >> Applications partners with and is based on about 160-million visitors.

    > ... and it shows Windows usage falling.
    >

    >>> I think that we should assume that New Applications clients are vendors
    >>> of Microsofts products.

    >> I think that we can assume that you're making up ****.
    >>

    >>> It therefore also follows that users of Linux won't visit these sites
    >>> at all.

    >> It therefore follows that since you're making up lies as you go along...
    >> this statement is based on a fault premise.
    >>

    >>> Try harder Ezekiel.

    >> The truth hurts doesn't it. Based on 160+ million hits per month over
    >> thousands of websites linux barely shows up as a blip. The BBC also
    >> publicly disclosed that linux was far below 1% in visitors to the BBC
    >> site. But stick your head under that rock and pretend otherwise.

    > It shows that Linux usage grew substantially while Windows usage fell.

    What it shows is that there are 135x as many Windows users than linux
    lusers. Linux on the desktop is virtually non-existent. More people get
    injured in elevator accidents than use linux.

    Deal with it.

  12. Re:Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:54:54 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:5KqdnSExcvUXKd_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:50:56 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> "SomeBloke" wrote in message

    >>> No, it's the aggregate sum of thousands of websites that Net
    >>> Applications partners with and is based on about 160-million visitors.

    >> ... and it shows Windows usage falling.

    >>> I think that we can assume that you're making up ****.

    >>> It therefore follows that since you're making up lies as you go
    >>> along... this statement is based on a fault premise.

    >>> The truth hurts doesn't it. Based on 160+ million hits per month over
    >>> thousands of websites linux barely shows up as a blip. The BBC also
    >>> publicly disclosed that linux was far below 1% in visitors to the BBC
    >>> site. But stick your head under that rock and pretend otherwise.

    >> It shows that Linux usage grew substantially while Windows usage fell.

    > What it shows is that there are 135x as many Windows users than linux
    > lusers.

    It doesn't show anything named lusers, liar.

    > Linux on the desktop is virtually non-existent. More people get
    > injured in elevator accidents than use linux.

    It shows Windows usage dropping while OS X and Linux grow.

    > Deal with it.

    Take your own advice.

    --
    Rick

  13. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    Ezekiel had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 01-06-08 15:33:

    > Talking about clueless - I see that you're too stupid to actually click on
    > the links on that page. Linux is mentioned. It just doesn't show up in the
    > "trends graph" because the numbers are far too small. Grow a brain and
    > actually click on the link on that page that shows OS usage and you'll see
    > that linux is still stuck at 0.6% marketshare even after being given away
    > for FREE for about 15 years.

    Dear Ezekiel,

    I followed your advice and had a look. I did find Linux. I had a look
    for july 2007 and saw that the Linux share was 0.46%. At May 2008
    however the score is 0.68%. My ruler tells me that this is a growth of
    almost 48%. Not bad in my eyes.

    I do not believe that MS will be able to maintain its position as the
    almost one-and-only operating system provider, although it will take a
    few years before people are fully conscious that there *is* an
    alternative. Have a look at Firefox. I believe it was the threat of july
    2004 when many Windows Server were infected with malware and infected
    desktops in their turn, that caused Firefox' triumph as a browser. More
    and more people began to realize that IE with its activex is
    intrinsically insecure. Now more and more people begin to realize that
    the avoiding of IE is not enough to remain secure, Windows itself is a
    threat and since a few years there is an alternative: one of the Linux
    distributions. A growth of 48% tells me that the awakening has started.
    MS will be powerless to halt it, because MS did nothing to earn the
    loyalty of its customers. MS will be forsaken without regret if its
    products do not meet the expectations of its customers. And the
    expectations of "interoperability" and security will have top priority.
    MS achieves poorly in both respects and does not seem to care about them.

    Erik Jan

  14. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux out sells at 3 Million Linux Gadgets PER DAY.

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

    It is using out of date techniques.

    You failed to answer this....

    Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.
    Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.
    75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.
    Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  15. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux fails 3 Million times PER DAY.

    "7" wrote in message
    news:0gz0k.1371$E41.574@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    > Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    > from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >

    >> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

    > It is using out of date techniques.

    The numbers are accurate and current as of this morning.

    > You failed to answer this....
    >
    > Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.

    People don't care what OS their microwave oven or remote control use. It's
    a gadget... not a computer.

    > Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.

    And the next day 999,992 of these installs are removed when the user
    discovers that linux doesn't work, linux doesn't support the hardware, or
    linux doesn't support all of the hardware features.

    > 75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.

    And 92% of all software projects run on Windows.

    > Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    Every home user that owns a supercomputer should run linux on it. Anyone
    with a PC should run Windows.

    > That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    Linux is more like a sewer-system.

  16. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 09:33:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:5KqdnSgxcvVUPt_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...
    >> On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:16:06 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11
    >>>

    >> Why do you care?

    > Why do you keep asking the same retarded question?

    Because he can't counter your facts.
    Rick is like a 3 year old that plugs his ears with his fingers and screams
    when his mamma asks him to take a bath.

    >> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs.

    > This isn't measuring what's "shipped" - it measures what people are
    > actually using in the real world. According to the idiots^h^h^h "advocates"
    > nobody was using Vista and most people were replacing it with XP. Seems
    > that the "linux advocates" are clueless again.

    All you have to do is look around and you will see rather quickly that
    Linux is virtually no place to be found on the desktop.

    >> XP is declining becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new
    >> PCs.

    > And more people are using Vista instead of XP.
    >

    >> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    > Talking about clueless - I see that you're too stupid to actually click on
    > the links on that page. Linux is mentioned. It just doesn't show up in the
    > "trends graph" because the numbers are far too small. Grow a brain and
    > actually click on the link on that page that shows OS usage and you'll see
    > that linux is still stuck at 0.6% marketshare even after being given away
    > for FREE for about 15 years.

    It must be a real slap in the face to the Linux loons that they can't even
    give their OS away.

    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux still dormant.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:40:41 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 09:33:18 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" wrote in message
    >> news:5KqdnSgxcvVUPt_VnZ2dnUVZ_hCdnZ2d@supernews.co m...

    >>> Why do you care?

    >> Why do you keep asking the same retarded question?

    > Because he can't counter your facts.

    The facts are on the web pages. You and Ezekiel ignore them. By his
    reference, Linux usage is growing and Windows usage is shrinking.

    > Rick is like a 3 year old that plugs his ears with his fingers and
    > screams when his mamma asks him to take a bath.
    >

    >>> Vista use is increasing because it shipping on new PCs.

    >> This isn't measuring what's "shipped" - it measures what people are
    >> actually using in the real world. According to the idiots^h^h^h
    >> "advocates" nobody was using Vista and most people were replacing it
    >> with XP. Seems that the "linux advocates" are clueless again.

    > All you have to do is look around and you will see rather quickly that
    > Linux is virtually no place to be found on the desktop.

    Virtually? Maybe. In lots of niches? It certainly does.

    >>> XP is declining becasue, statistically, it isn't being shipped on new
    >>> PCs.

    >> And more people are using Vista instead of XP.
    >>

    >>> Linux isn't mentioned. Neither is BSD.

    >> Talking about clueless - I see that you're too stupid to actually click
    >> on the links on that page. Linux is mentioned. It just doesn't show up
    >> in the "trends graph" because the numbers are far too small. Grow a
    >> brain and actually click on the link on that page that shows OS usage
    >> and you'll see that linux is still stuck at 0.6% marketshare even after
    >> being given away for FREE for about 15 years.

    > It must be a real slap in the face to the Linux loons that they can't
    > even give their OS away.

    Why are you such a dishonest bitch?

    And why do you continue to use Linux,since you obviously hate it so much?

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Linux usage grows. Mac usage grows. Windows stagnant.

    * Rick peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:39:20 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:
    >
    >> The linux numbers are so low that they fall within the statistical noise
    >> (aka - margin of error). In Jan it was 0.64% then in Feb it was 0.65%
    >> but in March it fell to 0.61%. Then it bounced back to 0.63% and 0.68%
    >> but the numbers are so low that noise and statistical inaccuracies
    >> become a huge factor in these micro-percentage gains.

    Ol' Zeke apparently doesn't know the meaning of "standard error of the
    mean".

    > Windows usage fell. Mac usage grew. Deal with it.

    And Zeke chooses sites biased towards U.S. usage, where an American
    company (go figure) holds sway. Other figures are nearly 8 times what
    he chooses. Talk about your sampling bias!

    --
    He is divisive. He is manipulative. He is a user. He has taken much from me and
    the industry.

  19. Re: Vista grows linearly. Mac usage grows. Linux out sells 3 Million gadgets PER DAY.

    Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > "7" wrote in message
    > news:0gz0k.1371$E41.574@text.news.virginmedia.com. ..
    >> Micoshaft fraudster and asstroturfer Ezekiel wrote on behalf of Half Wits
    >> from Micoshaft Corporation:
    >>

    >>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=11

    >> It is using out of date techniques.

    > The numbers are accurate and current as of this morning.

    Doh!

    I said the technique is outdated dumbo!

    >> You failed to answer this....
    >>
    >> Linux now sells 3 million embedded Linux gadgets PER DAY.

    > People don't care what OS their microwave oven or remote control use. It's
    > a gadget... not a computer.

    Says who? This is Linux advocacy newsgroup and we all care.

    >> Linux is installed 1 million+ copies a week.

    > And the next day 999,992 of these installs are removed

    Lying dumb fsck!

    > when the user
    > discovers that linux doesn't work, linux doesn't support the hardware, or
    > linux doesn't support all of the hardware features.
    >

    >> 75% of all new major projects use Linux and open source.

    > And 92% of all software projects run on Windows.

    Nope - the most widely used OS is an open source Japanese OS that
    runs more things than WINDUMMY OSen. Second is Linux.

    >> Linux is mainstream in server market and supercomputer market.

    > Every home user that owns a supercomputer should run linux on it. Anyone
    > with a PC should run Windows.
    >

    >> That is a massive ecosystem and its all free.

    > Linux is more like a sewer-system.

    Micoshaft assstroturfers now reduced to spliffing
    and using language of drug addicts?

    You should stick to Linux and delete Micoshaft OSen from
    your PC to free yourself, and then sue micoshaft for driving
    you to drink and drugs.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  20. Re: Linux usage grows. Mac usage grows. Windows stagnant.

    [snips]

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 14:44:38 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > Just like the "Sinister Midget" idiot who admits he doesn't actually
    > read anything before commenting on it, Liarnut is equally retarded.
    >
    > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/
    >

    > The websites in our population represent dozens of countries in regions
    > including North America, South America, Western Europe, Australia /
    > Pacific Rim and Parts of Asia.

    Based on some 160 million visitors. What I find interesting in all this
    is that Google probably gets that many ever damn day, yet gave up on such
    metrics because they discovered them so unreliable as to be useless...
    yet for some reason, the Wintrolls persist in spewing such numbers as if
    they mean something.

    Of course, these are, generally, the same people who examine the "market
    share" of a product almost universally available for free and think they
    can get meaningful results out of doing so; it's not terribly surprising
    they can't grasp something as complex as why web metrics fail if they
    can't figure out why something as simple as market share fails.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast