[News] Birthday for the Linux-oriented Site That "Exploded in Popularity" - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Birthday for the Linux-oriented Site That "Exploded in Popularity" - Linux ; Slashdot Turns 10, Throws a Party ,----[ Quote ] | Slashdot was created in September of 1997 by Michigan-born Rob Malda while he | was in college. "I combined my love of Linux and Technology with my abilities | as ...

  1. [News] Birthday for the Linux-oriented Site That "Exploded in Popularity"

    Slashdot Turns 10, Throws a Party

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Slashdot was created in September of 1997 by Michigan-born Rob Malda while he
    | was in college. "I combined my love of Linux and Technology with my abilities
    | as a webmaster to produce a site that exploded in popularity," Malda writes
    | on his personal Website.
    `----

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/005573.html

    Even Microsoft has recognised the importance of Slashdot.

    Related:

    Slashdot 'promotes' windows!

    http://planet-geek.com/archives/003510.html

  2. Re: [News] Birthday for the Linux-oriented Site That "Exploded inPopularity"

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Slashdot was created in September of 1997 by Michigan-born Rob Malda while he was in college ..

    Yea, Cmdrtaco actually answers his e-mails, unlike billg, steveO or Bill
    Hilf ..

  3. Re: [News] Birthday for the Linux-oriented Site That "Exploded in Popularity"

    ____/ Doug Mentohl on Tuesday 02 October 2007 11:46 : \____

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Slashdot was created in September of 1997 by Michigan-born Rob Malda while
    >> he was in college ..

    > Yea, Cmdrtaco actually answers his e-mails, unlike billg, steveO or Bill
    > Hilf ..

    Bill Hilf says he gets a lot of SPAM because "people subscribe me [him] to
    stuff". I guess that's the cost one must pay for when s/he becomes a 'patent
    terrorist'

    Google 'bill hilf patent terrorist' and see what comes up.

    --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
    Cpu(s): 27.2%us, 4.8%sy, 1.0%ni, 61.6%id, 4.9%wa, 0.3%hi, 0.2%si, 0.0%st