[News] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture - Linux ; Windows vs Linux: Architecture, part II ,----[ Quote ] | With my last words, I’d like the readers to keep in mind that the article was | written to entertain them above all. Secondly, I must recall, the goal of ...

  1. [News] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture

    Windows vs Linux: Architecture, part II

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | With my last words, I’d like the readers to keep in mind that the article was
    | written to entertain them above all. Secondly, I must recall, the goal of the
    | article (apart from entertainment) is not to prove the superiority of Linux
    | over Windows. When dealing with systems, I evaluate them paralell and with
    | attention to details. However, poor performance in one place doesn’t have to
    | impinge on the system as a whole (and vice versa).
    `----

    http://polishlinux.org/linux/windows...cture-part-ii/

    Related:

    Kernel Comparison for Linux (2.6.18) verses Windows (2003 R2)

    http://widefox.pbwiki.com/Kernel%20C...20vs%20Windows

    More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
    | operating system is set to be rewritten..."
    `----

  2. [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture (was: [News] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture)

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:48:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
    >| operating system is set to be rewritten..."
    > `----
    >
    > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=30516

    Once again, Roy. You completely mischaracterize and lie about the contents
    of the article you reference.

    Your title says that 60% of Vista's code needs to be re-written. The
    article you reference talks about 60% of the Windows code base being
    rewritten for Vista.

    In other words, Vista is the result of the 60% rewrite, not that Vista
    requires 60% of it's code to be rewritten.

    Why do lie like this?

  3. Re: [Roy Schestowitz doesn't Lie Again] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture (was: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] Article Shows That Linux Architecture is Better Than the Windows Architecture)

    On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:25:32 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

    > On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:48:51 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >>| "Up to 60% of the code in the new consumer version of Microsoft new Vista
    >>| operating system is set to be rewritten..."
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=30516

    > Once again, Roy. You completely mischaracterize and lie about the contents
    > of the article you reference.
    >
    > Your title says that 60% of Vista's code needs to be re-written. The
    > article you reference talks about 60% of the Windows code base being
    > rewritten for Vista.
    >
    > In other words, Vista is the result of the 60% rewrite, not that Vista
    > requires 60% of it's code to be rewritten.
    >
    > Why do lie like this?

    Ok, for the second time today, I issue a mea culpa. I just noticed the
    article you linked to had the same headline, adn that you did not create
    it.

    Still, you quote it, and the title is talking about pre-release vista code
    being rewritten prior to release, not released vista code needing to be
    rewritten.

+ Reply to Thread