Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world. - Linux

This is a discussion on Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world. - Linux ; http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/ Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*. -- I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided debian. -- Andrew Morton...

  1. Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    --
    I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided
    debian.
    -- Andrew Morton

  2. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    "Hadron" schreef in bericht

    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >
    > Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    > his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    This is hilarious! It's Ian at all!
    LMFAO!

  3. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:26:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >
    > Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    > his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    Another masterpiece of "advocacy" from Quark.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 06:46:35 -0500, Rick wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:26:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >>
    >> Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    >> his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    > Another masterpiece of "advocacy" from Quark.

    Yeah, the "Know-It-All Linux Advocate" Quack to whom all must bow.
    Except he's a lying M$ troll & shill.

    --
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed

  5. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:26:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >
    > Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    > his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    The author of Dilbert has GOT to be reading COLA.
    That strip fits Ian to the letter.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 12:26:53 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >>
    >> Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    >> his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    > The author of Dilbert has GOT to be reading COLA.
    > That strip fits Ian to the letter.

    I have worked with little posers like him. All hot air and theory they
    are. Invariably reams of documentation but very little else ever
    actually gets done. But at least he has the paper work to prove why it
    was not his fault! Anyone who has really been at the coal face knows
    that the great majority of "hiccups" have to be dealt with dynamically
    as they happen and not by some magical "prediction" methodology 6 months
    before they cropped up.

  7. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    Hadron wrote:

    > http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >
    > Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    > his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.

    It looks like your are still smarting for having been shown as a short
    sighted fool.

    As for Dilbert, he should have added faulty supply to his risk list and
    tested the product as soon as it was available. If supply is late in the
    project then he would need to add a reasonable testing and correction
    period after delivery to the project. There was probably also the need to
    add risk to the delivery deadline, because there was the chance of late
    delivery.

    You seem to carry on, possibly because you don't know any better, but this
    is just standard project management. I try to explain these things to you,
    because you don't appear to understand. I know that I am wasting my time.
    You and your troll friends enjoy your ignorance.

    Just remember, every risk that you don't consider is one that could come
    back and bite you. Risks become failures when alternatives are not
    available.

    Ian

  8. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    Ian Hilliard writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >

    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >>
    >> Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    >> his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.
    >>

    > It looks like your are still smarting for having been shown as a short
    > sighted fool.

    The lovely thing Ian is that I have managed a lot of projects. Hence I
    know you to be a mass of hot air. Not all of what you said was garbage
    but a lot was posturing and self inflation. The main thing I laugh at is
    your contention that you choose the destination OS when the product is
    complete. I really, really bet you wish you could go back and remove
    that claim eh?

  9. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    Hadron wrote:

    > Ian Hilliard writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>

    >>> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >>>
    >>> Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    >>> his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.
    >>>

    >> It looks like your are still smarting for having been shown as a short
    >> sighted fool.

    > The lovely thing Ian is that I have managed a lot of projects. Hence I
    > know you to be a mass of hot air. Not all of what you said was garbage
    > but a lot was posturing and self inflation. The main thing I laugh at is
    > your contention that you choose the destination OS when the product is
    > complete. I really, really bet you wish you could go back and remove
    > that claim eh?

    My contention is that I do cross platform development and leave the final
    decision on the OS to late in the project. The decision is based on
    technical and political reasons. There is however a great advantage in
    doing cross platform development.

    If a project is to go to more than one client, the choice of best-fit OS
    could well be different. This however does not get past the point that
    flexability reduces risk.

    Ian

  10. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    Ian Hilliard wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >> http://dilbert.com/fast/2008-06-01/
    >>
    >> Only he can plan such a project. I bet Linux proves the "best OS" for
    >> his finished masterpiece! *chuckle*.
    >>

    > It looks like your are still smarting for having been shown as a short
    > sighted fool.

    Not to mention a fsckwit and an asshole.

  11. Re: Ian Hilliard needed in Dilbert world.

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic