DE: Munich GNU/Linux desktop selects European Open Source licence

,----[ Quote ]
| The LiMux developers are not changing licences of existing software, but they
| are releasing their own additional applications using the EUPL.
`----

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/document/7648/469

They use Debian GNU/Linux and customise it.

10 Reasons to Love Debian

,----[ Quote ]
| This is not a rant about Debian vs. Ubuntu. I used both, loved both, and I'm
| currently using Debian Lenny. It's not about Debian versus any other
| distribution either: in fact, I only tried a few other distros, and most of
| them were Debian-based.
`----

http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...ve-debian.html

Overview of Proxmox VE

,----[ Quote ]
| Summary
|
| Proxmox is an example of the end product being greater than the sum of parts.
| All the technologies used to build Proxmox are not unique however putting
| them all together and adding a nice interface is. Overall I am very impressed
| with the ease of use and quality of the software. The flexibility that is
| provided by virtualization plus the ease of administration provided by
| Proxmox is a great combination for anybody looking to use virtualization.
|
| Introduction to Proxmox VE
|
| Proxmox VE is virtualization platform based on Debian Etch x86_64. It comes
| as a self contained ISO installer, just pop the CD on supported hardware and
| it installs automatically because of this it will only run of 64bit machines.
| That makes testing out a Proxmox server impossible on older hardware.
`----

http://www.montanalinux.org/node/741

Recent:

City of Munich and German Federal Foreign Office start collaboration

| According to this German article, the City of Munich and the German Federal
| Foreign Office have started to collaborate on the implementation of their
| open source and open standards strategies. I would not be surprised if other
| organizations decided to join the "alliance" as well. Anyway, very cool to
| see government organizations collaborate regarding the usage of open source
| and open standards. * *
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/ci...ich_and_german

Related: